Windows 10: Got a new laptop and have to use Windows 10 on it. How can I make it feel and function more...

Discus and support Got a new laptop and have to use Windows 10 on it. How can I make it feel and function more... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In terms of UI and backend flexibility, I loved Windows 7. Everything worked only as needed without excess flair and ads, there were less permanent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZeahRenee, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Got a new laptop and have to use Windows 10 on it. How can I make it feel and function more...

In terms of UI and backend flexibility, I loved Windows 7. Everything worked only as needed without excess flair and ads, there were less permanent bloatware programs taking up resources, there was no Cortana or Edge, updates didn't kidnap your computer for hours at a time without giving you a choice in the matter, restarts weren't a big deal, etc.

After support for 7 ended, I got used to Windows 8.1 (after installing Classic Shell on my desktop because touchscreen can go touch itself). I later fought tooth and nail in order to avoid Windows 10 hijacking my ancient (part-wise) desktop because shoving a new OS on an outdated machine is just asking for performance issues.

Now, this laptop comes with Windows 10 installed and I'm not thrilled after experiencing the laggy mess it is through work computers and coworkers' laptops. Is there anything I can do, before and after starting it up for the first time, to make it feel less restrictive and more user-friendly?

submitted by /u/ZeahRenee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZeahRenee, Dec 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 3, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 3, 2020
  4. geoffers Win User

Got a new laptop and have to use Windows 10 on it. How can I make it feel and function more...

SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

OK - sorted it finally :
    • in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed - RESULT!!!
    • Got a new laptop and have to use Windows 10 on it. How can I make it feel and function more... [​IMG]

geoffers, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Got a new laptop and have to use Windows 10 on it. How can I make it feel and function more...

1. Got a new laptop and have to use Windows 10 on it. How can I make it feel and function more... - Similar Threads - Got laptop feel

2. So i got a got a new laptop with no operating system but i have an old laptop with one can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So i got a got a new laptop with no operating system but i have an old laptop with one can...: Help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-got-a-got-a-new-laptop-with-no-operating/833c5270-0c58-43e6-8f99-22e813c00185
  3. So i got a got a new laptop with no operating system but i have an old laptop with one can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So i got a got a new laptop with no operating system but i have an old laptop with one can...: Help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-got-a-got-a-new-laptop-with-no-operating/833c5270-0c58-43e6-8f99-22e813c00185
  4. why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...: I am concerned that windows 11 is just windows 10 revamped to make it look and feel more like using a MAC device --- this is basically windows throwing in the towel and admitting that they no longer wish to compete with apple to be its own separate entity--- I only start by...
  5. why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...: I am concerned that windows 11 is just windows 10 revamped to make it look and feel more like using a MAC device --- this is basically windows throwing in the towel and admitting that they no longer wish to compete with apple to be its own separate entity--- I only start by...
  6. why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How can I make my system use more standby memory?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I make my system use more standby memory?: I tried looking this up and all I could find was people wanting to disable their standby memory, but I want the opposite. I want my system to cache more data to standby memory. As of now my system doesn't seem to ever cache more than 2.5gb of data in standby memory. I would...
  8. Windows 10 update will make Android apps feel more natural on PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update will make Android apps feel more natural on PCs: Windows 10’s Your Phone app has been a powerful tool for users with an Android phone and it comes with a wide range of features. The app was first launched as a simple companion software for mobile devices, but it has only gotten more useful after recent updates. In some of...
  9. How can i make windows 10 use less resources and more lightweight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i make windows 10 use less resources and more lightweight: How I can I make windows 10 more lightweight thare is no reason it should use almost all my ram (it's useing about 4 GB of ram) how can I make it faster? submitted by /u/nool_ [link] [comments]...
  10. Microsoft is making Windows 10 PWAs feel more like native apps

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is making Windows 10 PWAs feel more like native apps: Windows Store always had an app shortage problem and Microsoft has been working on new capabilities to lay the foundation for Progressive Web Apps, one of the keys to the future of Micorosft’s app market. The PWAs are webpages on steroids and Twitter app for Windows 10 is...