Windows 10: Got a new PC. It has Windows 11 Pro but I want Windows 11 Home.

Discus and support Got a new PC. It has Windows 11 Pro but I want Windows 11 Home. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello there!I recently just got a new PC without windows activated. I put in Windows 10 Pro I believe into the PC and did that. Then I updated to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EN_ProNet, Oct 7, 2022.

1. EN_ProNet Win User

Got a new PC. It has Windows 11 Pro but I want Windows 11 Home.

Hello there!I recently just got a new PC without windows activated. I put in Windows 10 Pro I believe into the PC and did that. Then I updated to Windows 11, yet instead of having 11 Home, I got 11 Pro. I need to activate windows, so I got a Windows 11 Home Product key. The issue is when I go to settings, it shows Windows 11 Pro, and the activation won't work. Any solutions?

:)

EN_ProNet, Oct 7, 2022
  2. JonGrimes Win User

Windows 11 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Edition

No but after it installed the malfunctioning Windows 11 upgrade it was listed as Windows 11 Pro. Microsoft Windows support advised I reinstall Windows 10 Pro and said that Windows 11 is really only meant for new PC's that come with it preinstalled. MSI website doesn't list my 2020 GT76 Titan dt-039 notebook on their Windows 11 upgrade eligibility list so I guess that's why the Windows 11 Pro upgrade failed. I suggest being careful with trying the Windows 11 upgrade despite it stating my notebook was capable of running Windows 11 it was wrong. Luckily I have the original Windows 10 Pro USB Flash drive because the Windows 11 Pro upgrade was so incomplete I had no way of reverting notebook back to Windows 10 without reinstalling from a USB Flash.

JonGrimes, Oct 7, 2022
  3. JBryan41 Win User
    Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

Want to upgrade 11 Home to 11 Pro. Tried download, but apparently files transferred were for 11 Enterprise. This will not activate; error is "invalid digital license or product key". This is on a new Surface. How to proceed?

Can withdraw/delete this. The suggestion to downgrade - listed below - with a 'fake' windows 10 key works.

JBryan41, Oct 7, 2022
  4. Got a new PC. It has Windows 11 Pro but I want Windows 11 Home.

Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

Got a new PC. It has Windows 11 Pro but I want Windows 11 Home.

1. Got a new PC. It has Windows 11 Pro but I want Windows 11 Home. - Similar Threads - Got has Pro

2. Got new Windows 11 home Laptop want transfer my Windows 10 Pro from old laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got new Windows 11 home Laptop want transfer my Windows 10 Pro from old laptop.: I just purchased new laptop with Windows 11 home, my old laptop has Windows 10 Pro. Is there anyway to I can transfer Windows 10 Pro to my new laptop?...
  3. Got new Windows 11 home Laptop want transfer my Windows 10 Pro from old laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got new Windows 11 home Laptop want transfer my Windows 10 Pro from old laptop.: I just purchased new laptop with Windows 11 home, my old laptop has Windows 10 Pro. Is there anyway to I can transfer Windows 10 Pro to my new laptop?...
  4. Got new Windows 11 home Laptop want transfer my Windows 10 Pro from old laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new...: New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new SSD drive, add OEM win11 pro.Is this legal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-with-windows-11-home-i-want-to-sell/80e67542-6c19-4046-a688-b8896c83d1e3
  6. New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new...

New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new...: New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new SSD drive, add OEM win11 pro.Is this legal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-with-windows-11-home-i-want-to-sell/80e67542-6c19-4046-a688-b8896c83d1e3
  7. I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...: I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it change to PRO by just changing the product keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-with-windows-11-home-but-i/7e3114df-10b8-465d-91a4-29475d434cd2
  8. I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...

I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...: I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it change to PRO by just changing the product keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-with-windows-11-home-but-i/7e3114df-10b8-465d-91a4-29475d434cd2
  9. I want to downgrade my windows 11 pro to windows 11 home single language

I want to downgrade my windows 11 pro to windows 11 home single language: I have installed windows 11 pro i.e. not genuine which is not activating as I have digital licence for windows 11 home single language edition and troubleshooter says that i will have to go back to home single language edition to activate windows. so, how can I downgrade...
  10. Got a new PC. It has Windows 11 Pro but I want Windows 11 Home.

Got a new PC. It has Windows 11 Pro but I want Windows 11 Home.: Hello there!I recently just got a new PC without windows activated. I put in Windows 10 Pro I believe into the PC and did that. Then I updated to Windows 11, yet instead of having 11 Home, I got 11 Pro. I need to activate windows, so I got a Windows 11 Home Product key. The...