Windows 10: Got a new router and modem and my computer does not like it.

Discus and support Got a new router and modem and my computer does not like it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; We recently got a new cable modem and router after our old one were fried in a storm. It works well for every device in the house, except my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CoinECG, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Got a new router and modem and my computer does not like it.

We recently got a new cable modem and router after our old one were fried in a storm. It works well for every device in the house, except my desktop computer. It connects to the router but it does not connect to the internet ("secured, no internet"). I have tried multiple solutions but non of them do anything. Another problem is when the PC is on, the modem will randomly reboot causing the wifi to stop working for a bit. Troubleshooting does not help. I am using Netgear A7000 USB wifi adapter. Help please?

submitted by /u/CoinECG
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CoinECG, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Darren Win User

Wireless cable modem/router/firewall

can someone recommend me a wireless router with built in cable modem. Most of the devices ive seen are equiped with ADSL modems!

required features

• Wireless
    • firewall
    • router
    • Built in cable modem
    • fully telewest/blueyonder compatible

Darren, Aug 1, 2020
  3. LKFisher Win User
    Recognizing new modem/router combination

I recently changed out my separate modem and router to a Netgear C6300 modem/router combination. I have 2 desktop units that are hard wired to this new unit. Every device is fine and updated except one of my desktop units. It connects to the internet,
    but does not connect thru my SSID group connection. How do I get the computer to find my SSID group. FYI, before the switch to the new modem/router, it did find my SSID group.

LKFisher, Aug 1, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Got a new router and modem and my computer does not like it.

Cable Modem/router + Personal router

Yes, I suggest you disable the cable modem Wifi.

NavyLCDR, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Got a new router and modem and my computer does not like it.

1. Got a new router and modem and my computer does not like it. - Similar Threads - Got router modem

2. Laptop does not detect wifi network after new modem/router installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop does not detect wifi network after new modem/router installed: Spectrum sent me a new modem/router. I installed it and several devices connecedt without trouble. My laptop does not detect the new network but it sees dozens of others. I have rebooted the laptop, modem, router. I ran Windows update. I have Windows 10 pro. The laptop worked...
  3. Laptop does not detect wifi network after new modem/router installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop does not detect wifi network after new modem/router installed: Spectrum sent me a new modem/router. I installed it and several devices connecedt without trouble. My laptop does not detect the new network but it sees dozens of others. I have rebooted the laptop, modem, router. I ran Windows update. I have Windows 10 pro. The laptop worked...
  4. Laptop does not detect wifi network after new modem/router installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Use modem/router combo as router only

Use modem/router combo as router only: I purchased an Arris SURFboard SBG6700-AC (modem/wifi combo) several years ago. I moved to another city with a different ISP. The cable guy could not get this to communicate with his cable system. There is an 80-year-old woman (neighbor) who has internet but no wifi. I bought...
  6. Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router

Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router: I am thinking of converting to NBN service in Australia. However, my setup at the moment is single box ADSL modem with a switching router, which I connect my equipment to its LAN ports. With the new NBN standalone modem, how do I connect to the existing switch router...
  7. Cable Modem/router + Personal router

Cable Modem/router + Personal router: My cable company provides a box that is a modem & router. I also use my own router attached to the cable modem. I have done nothing to the cable box except attach a cable from my router to it. Do I need to "Bridge" the cable router or can I use the WiFi from it along with the...
  8. My router/modem is missing at ''View Network Computers And Devices''

My router/modem is missing at ''View Network Computers And Devices'': [img] Basically this was happening when i used to set a static IP trough IPV4 settings then, when i set everything default (enabling DHCP automatic) it would become visible again. The reason i wanna check it is that Im using program called Voobly for age of empires 2 and...
  9. My router/modem is missing at ''View Network Computers And Devices''

in Windows 10 Support
    My router/modem is missing at ''View Network Computers And Devices'': [img] Basically this was happening when i used to set a static IP trough IPV4 settings then, when i set everything default (enabling DHCP automatic) it would become visible again. The reason i wanna check it is that Im using program called Voobly for age of empires 2 and...
  10. Recognizing new modem/router combination

Recognizing new modem/router combination: I recently changed out my separate modem and router to a Netgear C6300 modem/router combination. I have 2 desktop units that are hard wired to this new unit. Every device is fine and updated except one of my desktop units. It connects to the internet, but does not connect...