Windows 10: Got a new SSD, but I upgraded from Win 7 to 10 digitally. How would I go about moving...

Discus and support Got a new SSD, but I upgraded from Win 7 to 10 digitally. How would I go about moving... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my current drive has been slowing down due to it being fairly old so I picked up a new SSD, but i'm not 100% sure how to get Win 10 onto it since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zachi2_fox2, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Got a new SSD, but I upgraded from Win 7 to 10 digitally. How would I go about moving...

So my current drive has been slowing down due to it being fairly old so I picked up a new SSD, but i'm not 100% sure how to get Win 10 onto it since I originally had Win 7 then upgraded digitally during the "forced upgrade period" way back when. I think there might be a back up or win 7 on another drive my friend made a backup in case the drive completely failed so Im not sure if I want to wipe that back up and make a fresh up.

:)

Zachi2_fox2, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Jguo65 Win User

Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard

Hi Dave,

Yes this is a retail version of windows 7 that I upgraded to windows 10. Since I'm moving to both a new motherboard and new SSD, I'd mostly just like confirmation that dissociating my digital license from my original hardware will allow me to associate it
    with my new hardware afterwards. Also, what are the specific steps to remove a digital license from Windows 10 in the first place? Does this need to be done by contacting official microsoft reps independently?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jguo65, Sep 22, 2020
  3. lse123 Win User
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Pach Tay Win User

Got a new SSD, but I upgraded from Win 7 to 10 digitally. How would I go about moving...

Move Wins 10E to new SSD

Please help

How to move Wins 10E to new SSD without losing anything.

Pach Tay, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Got a new SSD, but I upgraded from Win 7 to 10 digitally. How would I go about moving...

1. Got a new SSD, but I upgraded from Win 7 to 10 digitally. How would I go about moving... - Similar Threads - Got SSD upgraded

2. i upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on my old computer but i would like to go back to windows 7...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on my old computer but i would like to go back to windows 7...: is there any way i could go back without buying windows 7 again? it's an all in one PC so i still have the product key on the sticker at the bottom...
  3. i upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on my old computer but i would like to go back to windows 7...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on my old computer but i would like to go back to windows 7...: is there any way i could go back without buying windows 7 again? it's an all in one PC so i still have the product key on the sticker at the bottom...
  4. i upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on my old computer but i would like to go back to windows 7...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How would I go about reporting a tech agent?

How would I go about reporting a tech agent?: I'm literally in tears right now after this call. Yes he was real I got him from the support app from windows and they called me etc etc. This man was so rude he was getting loud and yelling at me!!! I told him he doesnt need to tell and be rude and he said hes just trying to...
  6. If I clone a Hard Drive with Windows 7 to a SSD with Windows 10, would the SSD go back to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I clone a Hard Drive with Windows 7 to a SSD with Windows 10, would the SSD go back to...: I am going to upgrade my SSD to Windows 7 so I want to clone all my files and settings to my Hard drive. I plan on wiping my SSD clean and doing a new install of Windows 10, but after that I want to transfer my files back to my SSD with a cloning software. Would this cause...
  7. Digital upgrade to 10 from 7

Digital upgrade to 10 from 7: So yesterday I upgraded my Asus laptop Intel core i7 with ATI HD5870 and 8gb ram from 7 to 10 digitally, or I tried. I first tried keeping my file and everything and just downloading 10. It wouldn't boot. Over and over I would have to hard reboot it until once, it finally got...
  8. how do I go back to win 7 from 10?

how do I go back to win 7 from 10?: I no longer have the windows.old folder. the restore partition on my Toshiba tecra R940 also is gone. I don't have a copy of windows 7. I do have the product key sticker on the bottom on the machine. I cant get the camera or fingerprint sensor to work, I was thinking maybe...
  9. Move office 10 to new SSD **the win 10 install was an upgrade from a win 7 pro system****

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move office 10 to new SSD **the win 10 install was an upgrade from a win 7 pro system****: My hdd is not booting and I do not want to go through the pain of trying to FIX it if I don't have to, since I have 99% of my files and things backed up and I wanted to go to an SSD anyway. Question is, I had upgraded my windows 7 pro to windows 10 about 6 months ago and I...
  10. Move win 10 from 1 ssd to new ssd

Move win 10 from 1 ssd to new ssd: Used Minitool to copy old ssd entirely to new ssd. Missing boot manager and bcd files. Copied from old to new. No joy? 18432