Windows 10: Got A Printer Problem

Discus and support Got A Printer Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The other day my HP Office Jet Pro 6830 Ink Jet quit printing in color. While troubleshooting it I got an HP Driver Update through WU. It didn't solve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wiley Coyote, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Got A Printer Problem

The other day my HP Office Jet Pro 6830 Ink Jet quit printing in color. While troubleshooting it I got an HP Driver Update through WU. It didn't solve the printing problem, but it has really slowed down the printing. Takes three or four times longer for a page to start printing and has a delay between multiple pages. Using the PH Print and Scan Doctor utility finds nothing wrong. Still no color print, and yes I've checked the ink cartridges. I've also cleared and reset the Print Spooler and Que. Anyway today I start poking around and find this:

Got A Printer Problem [​IMG]

Question is How Do I Finish Installing a Driver? Any help is appreciated

:)

Wiley Coyote, Oct 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Printer offline problem persists

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Is it a wired or wireless printer?
    • Is the printer connected via network to your computer?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager
    • Select devices and printers
    • Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    I suggest you to update the drivers for the printers and check if it helps.

Method 2: I also recommend you to run the print troubleshooter to check the issue.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • In the left pane click on View all.
    • Select the printer option and
      follow the on screen instructions.
    Method 3: Also I suggest you to run the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Got A Printer Problem

printer problems

Hi Rosemary,

For us to isolate your concern with printing, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Have you tried the printer troubleshooter?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

For additional troubleshooting steps for your printer issue, we suggest that you check and follow the instructions in this
    link.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Got A Printer Problem

1. Got A Printer Problem - Similar Threads - Got Printer Problem

2. Printer problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer problems: Yet again Microsoft you ****$#$ up my computer with your updates. Maybe you should double or triple or quadruple check your updates for bugs before rolling it out to the world. First I had the blue death screen and now printer problems. Maybe it's time I go to Apple and...
  3. Printer problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer problem: Hi, When I go to print an excel document it tries to save as a print document rather than printing and changes to a pdf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problem/33879d50-8e81-4052-b15c-41389d2fc9c6
  4. Printer problem

Printer problem: My HP Officejet 4635 will not print in black just color. Cartrage if full. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problem/0272568e-5545-4364-a756-33913e2fd5f7
  5. Printer problems

Printer problems: 1. When printer was working it would not print from Microsoft Word. Comment was : Insufficient memory. 2. Printer has now stopped connecting to the Laptop. Printer is wireless Epson SX435 and when I go into Epson updates it says it I have the latest update. Laptop is...
  6. Printer problem

Printer problem: I have a Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M225dw - a monochrome laser printer. It is printing negative - that is, white on a black background. If I pint a test page directly from the printer the page is correctly printed black on white. If I print a test page from the computer it comes...
  7. printer problems

printer problems: I cannot get my Epson XP-300 to print the black ink. Someone please help...…….. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problems/ec40a51c-cc6a-493c-b655-267b9c99a6c1
  8. Printer problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer problems: I am running latest Window 10, 1903 18362.418 and using an Epson Expression Home 345. Just recently it has started taking a very long time to print. Even 1 page takes about 10 minutes. It will suddenly start to print when I'm not expecting it to do this, so definitely got...
  9. Printer problems!

Printer problems!: Installed Win 10 a few months ago, everything was fine, have now istalled the latest update Win 10 version1511 [OS Build 10586.14] and the printer will not print. Any suggestions how to overcome this please? 32319
  10. Printer Problem

Printer Problem: I up loaded Windows 10 to replace Windows 7. I has been working just fine until yesterday when I tried to print a word document. The " Print" button is dead. The HP 7510-All-in-One Photosmart printer will scan documents to my PC, scan documents etc. just fine but will not...