Windows 10: Got a problem in external hd revelation

Discus and support Got a problem in external hd revelation in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I got an external hd. Yesterday evening it was plugged into an hub of 4 port. In this hub there was also connect another hd and a usb key. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cosimoonreddit, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Got a problem in external hd revelation

Hi, I got an external hd. Yesterday evening it was plugged into an hub of 4 port. In this hub there was also connect another hd and a usb key. I was formatting the key while I was copying files between the 2 hd. But i don t think that this was the problem because the other hd works good. One of these two hd looks blocked. It is not recognized from my pc and other 2 pc, but in my pc is show in print and dispositive(window 10) as an mass storage archive. I have a dual boot with linux and I also try it, and it is shown in lsusb but not in fdisk -l. On the windows, if I go to the dispositive it say error code 10, kernel pnp problem, and show a file route where it seems to be a file ( a photo called 20120802.... after P id). It looks like if the hard disk stops while transferring this file and autoblock totally. Can I resolve it. It is not broke and not get fall. I also tried to connect it after extracting from case, with a sata adaptor, and in that way it is not seen anywhere. In both case it is not seen in disk management and other disk utilities as crystaldisk. Any solution?

submitted by /u/Cosimoonreddit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cosimoonreddit, Apr 4, 2020

2. External HD Connection Problem

I have attached an external HD to my computer running Windows 10 and it will not show up in my drive list. The properties shows it as Seagate.ink - what is an ink file and any suggestions as to how I can get it to work?

ColleenTreacy, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    EXTERNAL HD

Hello,

To better assist you with connecting your external Hard Drive to your device, we appreciate it if you can answer the following questions:

• Have you checked the status of the drive in Device Manager?
    • Have you tried updating the driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest running Microsoft easy fix by going to this link:

Find and fix problems with devices and hardware

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Got a problem in external hd revelation

Bad External HD???

Hi Tom,

The error that you received when trying to connect or access data to an external hard drive can be caused due to the following:

• Corrupted USB driver is unstable or corrupted.
    • Important Windows Update is missing.
    • USB controllers are corrupted or unstable.
    • Your external drive may be entering selective suspend.
    • Motherboard needs to update its drivers.

In order for us to troubleshoot your concern, we recommend that you follow the steps provided on this article:
    Error: “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive.
    The article will be able to provide you with the steps that you'll need to perform in order to resolve this issue.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Clark Ari, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Got a problem in external hd revelation

1. Got a problem in external hd revelation - Similar Threads - Got problem external

2. My external disk got problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external disk got problem: I tried to format my 1TB external disk with diskpart. After 3-4 hours, I felt I can't wait anymore so I plugged it out. And then I pluged it in again, the computer doesn't respond anything related to the disk. I can't open disk management, the diskpart doesn't respond, i...
  3. My external disk got problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My external disk got problem: I tried to format my 1TB external disk with diskpart. After 3-4 hours, I felt I can't wait anymore so I plugged it out. And then I pluged it in again, the computer doesn't respond anything related to the disk. I can't open disk management, the diskpart doesn't respond, i...
  4. Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat: I copied the contents of my external HD to a new external HD, not knowing I was going from NTFS to exFat. Upon completion, I noticed that the first and last folder transferred correctly, while all the folders in between are empty. However, the new external HD shows 508 GB...
  5. Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat: I copied the contents of my external HD to a new external HD, not knowing I was going from NTFS to exFat. Upon completion, I noticed that the first and last folder transferred correctly, while all the folders in between are empty. However, the new external HD shows 508 GB...
  6. Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. External HD

External HD: External HD is recognized but does not appear in My Computer on Windows 10 PRO system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hd/d98debb3-1b03-42de-9643-d5d53ad30a5e
  8. Problems accessing my external WD/HD.

Problems accessing my external WD/HD.: I have a Western Digital 1TB external HD. Windows 10 recognizes it, but only allows limited access to my files. Especially media! Then, on occasion, I receive a message denying access at all, or something is wrong with the drive or it plays some of my media and denies...
  9. External HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External HD: 1. I have a external HD that is compatible with windows 7 or 8. When I upgrade to windows 10 will I still be able to use it? 2. Can I download windows 10 ISO to a external HD and then install windows 10 right off of that same external HD? 16269
  10. Problem accessing files on external HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem accessing files on external HD: Hi, I recently bought a new PC with Windows 10 and I am having some issues with an external USB hard drive that I was wondering if I could get some feedback on. Here's the problem: when trying to access certain files on the drive (no rhyme or reason apparent - it just...