Windows 10: Got a replacement motherboard (which I did not activate with) decided to go back to the old...

Discus and support Got a replacement motherboard (which I did not activate with) decided to go back to the old... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; To whom may concern I'm getting activation issues the long story is super long, I'm gonna cut the chase and say this... I went ordered for replacement... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by A_honeybadger, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Got a replacement motherboard (which I did not activate with) decided to go back to the old...

To whom may concern I'm getting activation issues the long story is super long, I'm gonna cut the chase and say this...

I went ordered for replacement of my old motherboard through amazon, got the motherboard replaced it in my computer with the new motherboard same model and everything else. I did not activate with the new motherboard yet but I decided to go back to the old motherboard because I was originally registered with the old motherboard and have activated with it. I ran troubleshoot activation and ran "help" through the activation tab it did its common check up and troubleshooting on its own but I'm back on the old motherboard and I don't want the new motherboard. Can you help me fix this? I just bought this license not long ago for windows 10 pro 64bit. and I get this error code 0xC0EA000A I still have the product key and it wont let me re-activate with this old motherboard for some reasons beyond my control.

Thanks for taking your time reading this.

HoneyBadger

:)

A_honeybadger, Dec 17, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Activation of windows key after motherboard replacement.

Hi Nitin

Yes, that page does seem to suggest, you can do that, so you should follow the instructions on that page, which should ensure against activation problems after replacing the motherboard, Microsoft do generally provide a one time exemption to change a motherboard
    on an OEM licence . . .

DaveM121, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Can't Activate Windows 10 Home Edition After A Motherboard Replacement

I recently built a PC about two weeks ago, bought a digital license in the Windows Store, and then decided to switch to a different motherboard last week. I cannot get Windows 10 to re-activate. I'm signed in with the same Microsoft account I purchased the
    license with, and I have followed the "Activation Troubleshooting" steps. Once I select my computer, I get the following message:

Unable to activate Windows

We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

It also tells me I can go buy it. I have proof of purchases for my old motherboard, the one I replaced it with, and my digital license I bought in the Windows store. Don't understand why I can't reactivate.

hayesraven, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Got a replacement motherboard (which I did not activate with) decided to go back to the old...

Password incorrect after replacing motherboard.

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

There is some confusion about hardware changes on a Computer that will impact their free upgrade activation status. To clarify, the ONLY hardware changes that can negatively impact a customer’s activation status once they have upgrade are changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    If you replaces the Motherboard they may have to re activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

You can try to perform a clean install.

I would suggest you to create a ISO file from the below Microsoft Help Article and try to reinstall Windows 10.

Download Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Got a replacement motherboard (which I did not activate with) decided to go back to the old...

1. Got a replacement motherboard (which I did not activate with) decided to go back to the old... - Similar Threads - Got replacement motherboard

2. Replaced the motherboard, unable to activate Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replaced the motherboard, unable to activate Windows: I had to replace the motherboard and the processor on my PC. It was Windows 10 Home 64 bit with a legitimate box license. This license is transferable but I cannot activate my machine....
  3. Replaced motherboard now windows will not activate

Replaced motherboard now windows will not activate: Hello, Recently my motherboard stopped working and I had to replace it and the CPU, after buying and replacing the motherboard and CPU my computer is working again but now microsoft is telling me my windows10 pro is not genuine which of course it is and it seems the only way...
  4. activating windows after motherboard replacement

activating windows after motherboard replacement: Hello, I bought somewhere in the beginning of this year a new windows 10 license, digitally through the windows store, to install it on my new computer, 2 weeks ago my motherboard broke down and needed to be replaced. Now I am unable to activate it with the new motherboard....
  5. Old Motherboard and Windows Activation

Old Motherboard and Windows Activation: Code 0xC004F211 - Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. I have had some trouble with motherboard over the last couple of months, switching between a gigabyte and msi. Both these mobos decided to die and I got gifted another msi mobo from a friend...
  6. Replaced Motherboard and cannot activate windows

Replaced Motherboard and cannot activate windows: How do you thieving extortionist justify wanting a poor person to pay $120 for windows 10 when all I did was have the unmitigated audacity to replace a dead out of warranty $180 HP motherboard with a better and cheaper $80 MSI motherboard? My windows is still the OEM genuine...
  7. I replaced my Motherboard

I replaced my Motherboard: My motherboard failed and replaced it, the question is can I activate my Windows License again on this new motherboard? I don't have money to buy a new one at the moment, if there is any way to install again the same Windows let me know please...
  8. How do I go back to an old driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I go back to an old driver?: I recently went to the Acer website and updated my drivers to the most current. However, the sound sounds funky. Also, it takes longer for my Ethernet to connect since I updated my LAN driver. The Realtek driver for the sound doesn't give me an option to roll back to the...
  9. Has anyone decided to go back to 7 or 8.1?

in Windows 10 Support
    Has anyone decided to go back to 7 or 8.1?: Since fall creators update has come and I have noticed people having issues. Therefore I ask are people deciding to go back to 7 and 8.1 out of frustration? 96183
  10. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    replacing motherboard: Guys, I'm planning to change my motherboard soon (defective ports and still USB 2.0) to a more recent motherboard. Coming from windows 7, I understand that replacing the parts would require a reinstall of the OS but maybe it will be a different case for win10. Just wishful...