Windows 10: Got affected by the opqz ransomware and my fathers document got trampled with.

Discus and support Got affected by the opqz ransomware and my fathers document got trampled with. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! to whatever technician or professional that may end up reading this, I would like to open up a really really important issue that can really cost... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NikkoBeGettingIssuesLike, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Got affected by the opqz ransomware and my fathers document got trampled with.

Hi! to whatever technician or professional that may end up reading this, I would like to open up a really really important issue that can really cost me alot of stuff if I cant resolve this asap. So this happened when I was just surfing the web on my fathers laptop and I downloaded this software but due to the installation instructions requiring me to choose the "Keep" instead of the Discard option I then kept the file tried to run it but from their I immediately knew something was wrong cause my fathers browser keeps on popping and opening up and it keeps on coming to this "thebestoffers" website and it just keeps on doing it consistently and this almost makes hard for me to use my fathers laptop. After in attempt to fix the situation by restarting the laptop simply when it finally got booted, I noticed that my fathers Important documents word, excel, powerpoint etc. turned white and turn into this opqz type of file. which makes it looks like it has been deleted or something but I tried again to fix it by trying to open it with word which prompted all of the opqz type of file to be opened by word and once opened the contents or the texts in my fathers document turned into some sort of corrupt format or corrupted type of text. ex. ê̴̡̡̥͖͉̥̠͚̹̩͚̻͓̇̎̈́̓̄̽̔̔̄͒͋͂̑ͅẋ̸̭͈͙̲͉̯̜̣͙̗̣̰͚̫͙͊̀̓̂͌̓̈́̚â̵̧̧̦̟͈̱̫̹̦̘̞̯̲͕̫̩̙̗͔̫̮̐͜ͅm̷̢͕̞͓̱͇͇̙̭̞̼͙̠̀̒͛̎̂͘̕͝p̸͙͒̀̔̃̇̀̍̊̓͆̍̽̊̃̍́͊̃̔̌̊͝ļ̷̹̟̹̠͇̰͓̬͕͕̞̌͒̾̿̂̓̄͗̕̚̕͝͝ę̴̹͖͍̲̅̒̋̐̈́̉̌̂̋̎̀͋̀̉̚ something like that. and by that I immediately searched online trying to check some article that may reveal this issue but couldnt find one or the only article so far related was the opqz ransomware which I know is very much related. And from that point I downloaded this software called "spywarehunter-5" claiming it could be the solution to my situation. So I ran a scan with it and it revealed to me alot of malware and viruses on my father's laptop since my father's laptop Windows defender wasn't active and he doesn't have any active anti-viruses aswell he might have been vunlerable to many malwares and viruses throughout his usage as the last scan record was around 2019. I then immediately thought of moving the affected documents to my fathers usb in my attempts to try and recover it in my sisters laptop instead. But unfortunately nothing happened and it still didn't do much as the software I was using Stellar data recovery required a activation key which I don't have and I also don't have some cash with me. I was hoping someone here knows how to recover my father's important document. Because he works as a cop and the documents that were affected is really vital to him.

ps. i'll be leaving images for accurate reference. Got affected by the opqz ransomware and my fathers document got trampled with. 2be9eb8c-22c4-497e-9c32-b1ccef03f4a5?upload=true.png

:)

NikkoBeGettingIssuesLike, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. Smeed Win User
    Fixing GandCrab V5.0.4 Ransomware Virus And Decrypting all the affected files.

That's correct....

"Marcelo Rivero (Malware Intelligence Analyst) has reported that the new
    GandCrab V5.0.5 breaks the BitDefender decryption tool
    so it will not work. Some victims have reported this new version is still being called V5.0.4.
    "

>
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/669484/gandcrab-ransomware-help-support-topic-gdcb-crab-crab-decrypttxt/page-22#entry4608061

Suggest reading also all the most recent posts in:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/669484/gandcrab-ransomware-help-support-topic-gdcb-crab-crab-decrypttxt/

and reading/doing

Smeed, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Got affected by the opqz ransomware and my fathers document got trampled with.

I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Got affected by the opqz ransomware and my fathers document got trampled with.

1. Got affected by the opqz ransomware and my fathers document got trampled with. - Similar Threads - Got affected opqz

2. I Accidentally Got ".igal" Ransomware Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Accidentally Got ".igal" Ransomware Virus: I accidentally downloaded a ransomware virus and now I cannot reach any of my files in my hard drive because all my files converted to ".igal" format and no app can open them.I attached a few examples and please, somebody help me to fix this. I really don't know what to...
  3. Got infected by ransomware after chkdsk

Got infected by ransomware after chkdsk: Hello, Today when i start my pc there was a windows 7 chkdsk on windows 10 like this :- so i let it complete it took almost 4 hous after that t the computer restarted and i was greeted with a ransomware instead of windows [ATTACH] [ATTACH]how to remove this ****...
  4. My Windows 7 got attacked by a ransomware

My Windows 7 got attacked by a ransomware: Hello guys, I need help. Apparently I can't use my applications and files because of this. Is there any possibility on how to recover them? Can I do a reformat as an option? Thank you so much. [IMG]...
  5. Got hit by COPA Ransomware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Got hit by COPA Ransomware: So I monkey brained yesterday and downloaded a software from a dodgy website. Then when I tried to installed it, I disabled the antivirus to prevent false positives. Anyway, it encrypted a lot of my photos and videos which was annoying at most. The defender and malwarebyte...
  6. Documents and Desktop got scrambled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Documents and Desktop got scrambled: So if i rightclick the desktop folder in the file explorer it shows the properties for the desktop folder. Then if i put a file in my desktop it also shows in my documents folder pls help idk how to fix this...
  7. My laptop got infected by malware and all important files become *.opqz format

My laptop got infected by malware and all important files become *.opqz format: My laptop got infected by malware and all important files become *.opqz format and I tried will youtube guids but could not , as its encripted with an online ID After I decided to repair windows and I did it but still that encripted files are there.. please help me what...
  8. Affected by Ransomware Krusop

Affected by Ransomware Krusop: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This...
  9. I've got hacked by a ransomware

I've got hacked by a ransomware: Today I got hacked by ransomware. I can log in and and i have most of the data not encrypted. I don't need the encrypted data. I just want to remove this virus from my pc Q1 Is there anyway to do it without formatting my hard desk ? When I try to open Kaspersky to run a...
  10. All files got encrypted by Gandcrab ransomware

All files got encrypted by Gandcrab ransomware: i got affected with Gandcrab ransomware .All my files are encrypted by the ransomware .So could you help me out from this. all the files are encrypted and have the extension: .VSBCZPFRJG Cant open any file Below is the message given by the Ransomware :...