Windows 10: Got an error when trying to upgrade my windows 10 home to Pro

Discus and support Got an error when trying to upgrade my windows 10 home to Pro in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a brand new computer that I am trying to upgrade to windows Pro. I am getting an error every time I try to buy the Pro upgrade. I am not sure... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by GinaDes, Jan 4, 2022.

1. GinaDes Win User

Got an error when trying to upgrade my windows 10 home to Pro

I have a brand new computer that I am trying to upgrade to windows Pro. I am getting an error every time I try to buy the Pro upgrade. I am not sure why its doing this but I need this done asap. I did all the windows updates and Microsoft store updates but it did not solve the issue.Here's the error:

:)

GinaDes, Jan 4, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 4, 2022
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro was aborted

Hi E.S. Bustillo,

Errors when trying to upgrade Windows are usually occurring due to some damaged system files or broken Windows Update components. To address this concern, we suggest that you follow steps provided in these links:

If additional help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Jan 4, 2022
  4. RESK208 Win User

Error code 0x8009000f on upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro.

Original Title: upfrade to Win 10

In trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Pro to 10, when it started the upgrade if halted with the error code 0x8009000f. I cann ot find this error code in any of the online listings. Any Suggestions? RES

RESK208, Jan 4, 2022
Thema:

1. Got an error when trying to upgrade my windows 10 home to Pro - Similar Threads - Got error trying

2. Error 0x800f0805 when trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800f0805 when trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to pro: Error 0x800f0805 when trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x800f0805-when-trying-to-upgrade-from/923cfb5b-17c5-4c11-8635-54b091f64f9c
  3. Error 0x800f0805 when trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x800f0805 when trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to pro: Error 0x800f0805 when trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x800f0805-when-trying-to-upgrade-from/923cfb5b-17c5-4c11-8635-54b091f64f9c
  4. Got an error when trying to upgrade my windows 10 home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got an error when trying to upgrade my windows 10 home to Pro: I have a brand new computer that I am trying to upgrade to windows Pro. I am getting an error every time I try to buy the Pro upgrade. I am not sure why its doing this but I need this done asap. I did all the windows updates and Microsoft store updates but it did not solve...
  5. Got an error when trying to upgrade my windows 10 home to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got an error when trying to upgrade my windows 10 home to Pro: I have a brand new computer that I am trying to upgrade to windows Pro. I am getting an error every time I try to buy the Pro upgrade. I am not sure why its doing this but I need this done asap. I did all the windows updates and Microsoft store updates but it did not solve...
  6. Upgrade Windows 10 Home To Windows 10 Pro, Got Error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home To Windows 10 Pro, Got Error 0x80070005: Hello. I just purchased an upgrade download from the Microsoft Store to upgrade my Windows 10 Home ver. 21H1 to Windows 10 Pro. The laptop I am using was originally Windows 7, and got the free upgrade to Windows 10 Home when it was offeredThe upgrade to Pro fails, throwing...
  7. 0x800704EC when trying to upgrade Home to Pro

0x800704EC when trying to upgrade Home to Pro: An yet again. Had this issues before with an Insider build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install-insiderplat_pc/0x800704ec-when-trying-to-upgrade-home-to-pro/5586a3cc-7f62-440e-bdfd-53187c0f098c Now I am on a new computer running...
  8. Error: 0xc004f050, when trying to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error: 0xc004f050, when trying to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I have a Lenovo computer with "Windows 10 Home Single Language" enabled, today I activated it with the key to 'Windows 10 Professional' but it shows this error 0xc004f050, everyone who helps me, everything Every effort to rips is appreciated, thank you all. [IMG] [IMG]...
  9. Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise: Yesterday, I went on the built-in Microsoft store, purchased the $99 Windows 10 Pro upgrade, after the transaction completed, it changed to an install button that I clicked on and went through the "Adding Features" updates. When I finished the update, I check my license, it...
  10. Getting payment error when trying to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Getting payment error when trying to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Hello Microsoft, I tried to upgrade Windows 10 home edition to Windows 10 Pro edition. During the payment, it's displaying a message "We couldn't get authorisaton for this purchase". Do I need to do anything from my end? Thanks, Kiran...