Windows 10: Got an update for my computer and this happen. Did a factory reset on my computer and YET...

Discus and support Got an update for my computer and this happen. Did a factory reset on my computer and YET... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigCarlitoBIG [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BigCarlitoBIG, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Got an update for my computer and this happen. Did a factory reset on my computer and YET...

/u/BigCarlitoBIG, Oct 15, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Cannot restore my computer to factory reset.

I don't know what a 'hard reset' is - that's not a defined term.

I do know what a 'factory reset' is - that's where you return your computer to exactly the way it was when it left the factory, hence the name. After a factory reset, your computer will be as it was when you first received it, and when you press the 'power'
    button, your computer will setup all over again, exactly like it did the very first time you pressed the 'power' button.

If you want to perform a factory reset, you'll have to go to the manufacturer's website for instructions. There you will find detailed, step by step directions for your particular model. Microsoft does not have these instructions, since Microsoft doesn't
    know what other software was installed at the factory, and how the manufacturer setup the computer at the factory.

0dcafe6b-10a8-4bc9-b8b2-213ccfc2f28c, Oct 15, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Got an update for my computer and this happen. Did a factory reset on my computer and YET...

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Got an update for my computer and this happen. Did a factory reset on my computer and YET...

1. Got an update for my computer and this happen. Did a factory reset on my computer and YET... - Similar Threads - Got update computer

2. Problems with factory resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with factory resetting my computer: I am using a PC with the OS being Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, and OS build 19044.2251This all started about 2 days ago where my ping was spiking up and down inconsistently in every single game that I have played, where one moment it'd be normal, then it goes up to 2000 for...
  3. Problems with factory resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with factory resetting my computer: I am using a PC with the OS being Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, and OS build 19044.2251This all started about 2 days ago where my ping was spiking up and down inconsistently in every single game that I have played, where one moment it'd be normal, then it goes up to 2000 for...
  4. my computer got unpluged after i factory reset it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer got unpluged after i factory reset it.: when i start my pc up it will take a second to load before somtimes showing the welcome screen you get when booting up a pc for the first time then go to a blue screen with text i cant read due to it going away in that same split second that it appears in. i think it might be...
  5. my computer got unpluged after i factory reset it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer got unpluged after i factory reset it.: when i start my pc up it will take a second to load before somtimes showing the welcome screen you get when booting up a pc for the first time then go to a blue screen with text i cant read due to it going away in that same split second that it appears in. i think it might be...
  6. my computer got unpluged after i factory reset it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My Computer did a power recovery and put my computer to factory??

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    My Computer did a power recovery and put my computer to factory??: I must have done something in error as my Yahoo emails started to delete "All emails" I immediately clicked cancel and forced a shutdown.. Usually this had no ill effects - Just "normal" start up afterwards. but this time something was not "normal" and it took a very long...
  8. Update factory reset my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update factory reset my computer.: So I had been putting off updating my computer for a week or so, and I ended up giving in and waiting two hours for it to update. I come back and I can't even log into my profile at first, saying the User Profile Service can't sign in and giving me a blank profile picture. I...
  9. My computer got reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer got reset: I was just playing a game and when i was done i closed the game like normal. But the game never fully closed and it was stuck on a black screen that wouldnt go away, that made it impossible for me to open task manager and force quit it. I decided to restart my computer to fix...
  10. I got stuck when Factory Resetting My Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I got stuck when Factory Resetting My Computer: I did a factory reset yesterday, but when windows was re-installing it got stuck at 64%. I didn't run out of battery or anything, I don't know how to fix this....