Windows 10: Got any Idea what is going on?

Discus and support Got any Idea what is going on? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not wanting to copy and paste my help thread from other forums that I never got a reply from I will try to get help here. The problem I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wat, Jul 4, 2016.

1. WAT
    Wat Win User

Got any Idea what is going on?

Not wanting to copy and paste my help thread from other forums that I never got a reply from I will try to get help here.

The problem I am experiencing is Default Application

I get the How do you want to open this file?

Problem:

It opens without me doing anything even after I start my computer.

It causes taskbar freezing and desktop freezing.

Once I choose a default program it opens it tons of times for no reason

Then It does that until I shutdown

Here are some videos of what I am experiencing:

RIP Lenovo Y510P - YouTube
    oooh noooo noo - YouTube

It also causes on the browser to go back pages until you can't anymore.

Here is what the pop up looks like:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Things I have tried:

Hard Drive Factory Reset-

Windows 10 Upgrade-

Useful information:

This is not a virus/malware

:)

2. Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jul 4, 2016
  3. Linley Meslier, Jul 4, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Wat and welcome to Tenforums.

We just had a similar situation here, which did indeed turn out to be a rootkit infection, so if you'd like help, I would suggest running some scans first just to be sure nothing is lurking on your system:

RKILL (Note: everything RKILL does is undone by a reboot, so if you reboot after running any of the other scans, be sure to run RKILL again before proceeding.)
    TDSSKiller
    ADWCleaner
    MBAM with Rootkit box checked, and running a full scan on the OS drive.

Got any Idea what is going on? [​IMG]

Please post all logs, complete and unaltered, using the CODE box ("#" symbol) for us to see.
    Thanks.

simrick, Jul 4, 2016
  5. WAT
    Wat Win User
    Malwarebytes will come in late

Here is what I have in pastebin:

Adwcleaner Log: Adwcleaner Log - Pastebin.com

TDSSKiller Log: TDSSKiller Log - Pastebin.com

Rkill Log: RKill Log - Pastebin.com

Also how would I figure out what file makes triggers the How do you want to open this?

Its been bugging me a ton..

6. simrick Win User
    In the ADWCleaner log:

• Value Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run32 [MalwareProtectionLive]
    This is an infection

This is a browser hijack

In the TSDDKiller log:
    No rootkits detected.

In the RKILL Log:

• C:\Users\Sasha\AppData\Local\Temp\{2D37DB65-D57E-4E39-9C9F-43B9825F9D37}\{28107E2E-6C26-40C0-BD44-25E41A8F1167}.exe (PID: 6524) [T-HEUR]
    This is a suspicious process running.

In your hosts file:
    127.0.0.1 keystone.mwbsys.com
    127.0.0.1 sirius.mwbsys.com
    127.0.0.1 bactem.mwbsys.com

Do you have Ccleaner free installed on the system? If not, please install it. Then navigate to the installed programs list, and save to text file, and upload it here using the # sign to put it between CODE tags.

Please also run JRT and post the log for that as well. Thanks.

simrick, Jul 4, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Not sure if we will be able to see it or not.

Please also post a screenshot of your Scheduled Tasks in Ccleaner as shown:

simrick, Jul 4, 2016
  8. Got any Idea what is going on?

Try this after cleaning up Trovi - follow simricks' excellent guidance
    Default File Type Associations - Restore in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

OPTION ONE: To Reset All File Associations to Microsoft Recommended Defaults

I also saw in one of your videos, that Daemon Tools Lite is installed. Win10 can native mount images and along with 7-zip can manage nearly any compressed folder type.

There are known issues with Daemon Tools on some machines.
    How to avoid problems after Windows upgrade installation

Recommendation: Uninstall DT lite.
    Also uninstall the SPTD service
    DuplexSecure - Downloads
    Download the installer
    Select uninstall

It's possible that there's nothing to uninstall for SPTD

Just use Win10 native mount - no need to reinstall Daemon tools

Slartybart, Jul 4, 2016
  9. WAT
    Wat Win User
  10. simrick, just a note: Temp File Cleaner (TFC) is a nice small utility that well ... cleans out temp files

Jaycee always used TFC and Adwcleaner together as the first line of malware remediation.

cCleaner does the temp file cleaning job too. TFC is just a lighter, single purpose tool.

Slartybart, Jul 4, 2016
  11. Porthos Win User
    In your hosts file:
    127.0.0.1 keystone.mwbsys.com
    127.0.0.1 sirius.mwbsys.com
    127.0.0.1 bactem.mwbsys.com

This is an illegal malwarebytes hack to get Pro for FREE. Not allowed on these or most forums to crack paid software.

Porthos, Jul 4, 2016
  12. WAT
    Wat Win User
    How would I remove C:\Users\Sasha\AppData\Local\Temp\{2D37DB65-D57E-4E39-9C9F-43B9825F9D37}\{28107E2E-6C26-40C0-BD44-25E41A8F1167}.exe (PID: 6524) [T-HEUR]Value Found : [x64]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run32 [MalwareProtectionLive]

And the Trovi Infection?I remember scanning with malwarebytes and deleted most of it.

13. simrick Win User

Thank you Porthos. I am well aware of this.
    @Wat : There will be no additional assistance until all illegal software and cracks are removed from the system, including the hosts file entries.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Got any Idea what is going on? - Similar Threads - Got Idea going

2. anyone got any idea what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone got any idea what to do: I have a joke:win32 threat on my pc if i run a scan it says no threats found but it still says threats need action i can't get rid of them no matter what i try any ideas anyone...
  3. anyone got any idea what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anyone got any idea what to do: I have a joke:win32 threat on my pc if i run a scan it says no threats found but it still says threats need action i can't get rid of them no matter what i try any ideas anyone...
  4. Any idea what this means?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any idea what this means?: Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 144Parameter 1: 1001Parameter 2: ffffe18424687730Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.256.48Locale ID: 1033...
  5. Any idea what's that.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Any idea what's that.: At shutdown or restarting my pc i get this error at the end Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C013010000250200C000000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which...
  6. Any ideas what's going on here?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ideas what's going on here?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hg0rkc/any_ideas_whats_going_on_here/
  7. Any idea what's causing this?

Any idea what's causing this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Spectre696 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/heqf6o/any_idea_whats_causing_this/
  8. Any idea what this is

Any idea what this is: Not sure if this is the right place to post, but any help or suggestions welcome. anyone have any idea what this icon / application is? It flashes up for less than a second when i first boot up, sometime its so quick i don't even see it. It always appears just above the...
  9. Any idea what this icon is?

Any idea what this icon is?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Speedy_Panda [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds1ypg/any_idea_what_this_icon_is/
  10. My mouse is glitched out any idea what’s going on ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My mouse is glitched out any idea what’s going on ?: I was watching netflix when i noticed it anyone know what my issue might be ?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-is-glitched-out-any-idea-whats-going-on/5c8a899f-49be-485c-9bcd-575282838d4a