Windows 10: Got blue screen and something about stop code

Discus and support Got blue screen and something about stop code in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got an offer from Avast to install "Avast Cleanup Premium" and "Avast Premier". Prior to that I had only "Avast Pro Antivirus". Then after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ptolemy, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Ptolemy Win User

Got blue screen and something about stop code

I got an offer from Avast to install "Avast Cleanup Premium" and "Avast Premier". Prior to that I had only "Avast Pro Antivirus". Then after the install I was promted to restart my computer, and this time I got a blue screeen:

"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collection some error info, and then we'll restart for you. For more information about this issue and possible fixes, visit http://windows.com/stopcode"

Then I can't remember what more info there was on the screen.

Finally it got from 0-100% and then it restarted.

Then after that, I got another blue screen saying something about: "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". This time it got stuck at 0% and it all got frozen.

Then I did have to turn off and on the power on the switch (on the back of my computer). From there I could start the computer and then the issue was gone, but I don't know if it will come back.

Could this has something to do with installing "Avast Cleanup Premium" and "Avast Premier", since it did happen after doing those installations and restarting the computer?

My computer is pretty new and I never had an issue before.

:)

Ptolemy, Mar 29, 2017
  2. MattHYP3R Win User

BSOD

I got about 18 blue screens in the last week. I think something is wrong with a piece of hardware. my error code is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE. the thing that failed is CMUSBDAC.sys

Please help

MattHYP3R, Mar 29, 2017
  3. CoryHamma Win User
    I got a blue screen with Stop code: System-thread exception not handled after connecting my Kindle device to my computer.

Amazon has been making Kindle readers for many years, and there has never been any driver CD for them. The issue seems to be related to the Bonjour service from Apple. Try removing Bonjour and see if that helps.

I didn't fix the problem for me.

Removing iTunes and Motorola Device Manager and rebooting did fix the issue. It was probably the Motorola software.

CoryHamma, Mar 29, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello *Smile

There are no crash mini-dump files in your logs so there is not a lot I can do to analyse the reason for the BSOD. I suggest you add new files if you get a reoccurrence of the problem. Make sure that your system is set to collect the mini-dump files. Have a browse through the following tutorial to check your settings:

BSOD Minidump - Configure to Create in Windows 10

philc43, Mar 30, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    As you said, the problem started after you installed "Avast Cleanup Premium" and "Avast Premier". That makes uninstalling them the logical thing to do. Try it and see if the problem is gone or not.

Ztruker, Mar 31, 2017
  6. Ptolemy Win User
    OK, thanks for the help. I haven't had the issue for a while but did go with the option "Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD". Then if the problem comes back, I will hopefully have some mini-dump files.

Ptolemy, Apr 17, 2017
  7. Ptolemy Win User
    Thanks for the help and suggestion. I haven't had the issue for a while, and haven't yet uninstalled them, but I will most likely do that if the problems comes back.

Ptolemy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Got blue screen and something about stop code - Similar Threads - Got blue screen

2. Stop code blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code blue screen: Hello, My laptop is in a continuous restart loop with the stop code. I entered my bitlocker recovery key but it does nothing. I have tried every option under the advanced options and trouble shooting but it continues to send me back to the stop code blue screen. Please help,...
  3. Blue screen stop code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen stop code: After updating windows 11, I lost on control of my keyboard. Tried to update the driver without success. Restored windows 11 without erasing my personal files without success. After I chose the full reset option...and now I have blue screen coming up with computer restarting...
  4. Blue Screen Stop Codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Stop Codes: My computer is 3wks old. I keep getting "Blue Screen" Stop Codes: System Service Exception, System Thread Exception not Handled, Driver Over Ran Stack Code, Kmode Exception not Handled, Security Check Failure, Driver Over Run Stack Buffer, Kernel Security Check...
  5. Blue screen stop code

Blue screen stop code: Okay, so I finally got to a place to select Advanced Options and where I could select Enable Safe Mode, but it just went back to the blue screen with the frowning face and keeps the restarting loop again and again and again. Any thoughts I have an hp pc...
  6. Blue Screen and Stop Code

Blue Screen and Stop Code: Good day. I was using my pc to edit some of my layouts when it started to log. And suddenly turns off. So I immediately turned it on again but I just came across with the Blue Screen and stop code. I have already tried troubleshooting as well as using the command prompt and...
  7. I was doing something and Got the Blue Screen

I was doing something and Got the Blue Screen: Code: <font face="Segoe UI, Arial" size="4"><b><hr>Welcome to WhoCrashed (HOME EDITION) v 6.65</b><hr></b></font><br> <font face="Segoe UI, Arial" size="2" color="000000">This program checks for drivers which have been crashing your computer. If your computer has displayed a...
  8. Blue Screen - Stop Code

Blue Screen - Stop Code: Stop code: KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-stop-code/302d345d-1e14-4817-8164-13c97c1a244a
  9. blue screen stop code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen stop code: is this legitimate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-stop-code/92e52ff1-391d-4af4-af4c-91bf7aeb8f38
  10. Blue Screen Stop Code

Blue Screen Stop Code: Every couple days my windows 10 goes to a blue screen and buzzed for a few minutes before it restarts. It says STOP CODE. I went to the event viewer after it restarted and took these two screenshots (days apart). What's going on? How do I fix it? 86241