Windows 10: Got Blue Screen Error After Installing Python 3.7 With "Add Python 3.7 to PATH" Option Checked

Discus and support Got Blue Screen Error After Installing Python 3.7 With "Add Python 3.7 to PATH" Option Checked in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today I installed Python 3.7 with these two options checked in installation wizard. (1) Add Python 3.7 to PATH (2) Install for all users. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BINOYGHOSH, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Got Blue Screen Error After Installing Python 3.7 With "Add Python 3.7 to PATH" Option Checked

Today I installed Python 3.7 with these two options checked in installation wizard.

(1) Add Python 3.7 to PATH (2) Install for all users.

After installing when I restart my PC, got the blue screen error "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". After that, I reinstall Python 3.7 With "Add Python 3.7 to PATH" unchecked. Then my PC restart fine, no such blue screen error. If I unchecked the first option I can't use Python from my CMD. What should I do? Please help me.

:)

BINOYGHOSH, Sep 17, 2019

2. Made a Mistake with Python

I had to install Python some time ago. I think it so I could use VeraCrypt. I do not remember which version of Python I installed or if it showed up in the app list in Settings.

Yesterday, I decided to install DeDRM removal tools. One of them required Phyton and I installed Python 3.5.4.3504. It shows up in the app list in Settings.\

I then figured out I didn't need Python because I was not going to use the standalone DeDRM removal app but just the DeDRM removcal plugin. So I proceeded to uninstall Python 3.5.4.3504.

I then remembered about the earlier Python install and was wondering if the new Python installation had maybe overwritten the earlier one. Since I need Python for Veracrypt to work, I decided to cancel uninstalling. For the last half hour, I have been looking at at the Python popup saying "canceling" and the cursor showing an hourglass.

1. Is it likely that Python 3.5.4.3504 replaced the previously installed Python ?

2. Was it a mistake to cancel uninstalling? If yes, what should I have done?

EDIT: I restarted and Python 3.5.4.3504 is still installed. VeraCrypt works. I still would like to know why after I canceled uninstalling, the canceling process would not stop.

battlezone, Sep 17, 2019
  3. python install error

there was an error creating a temporary file that is needed to complete this installation

i get this error when trying to install python program

ibtehalali, Sep 17, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Got Blue Screen Error After Installing Python 3.7 With "Add Python 3.7 to PATH" Option Checked

opening my document with python language

Check the path you enteered Each different directory is separated with a semicolon. Do not put spaces between elements in the PATH Your addition to the PATH should read ;c:\Python27 NOT ; C\Python27 If for example, you installed Python 3.5, these are the
    paths required: C:\Python35-32;C:\Python35-32\Lib\site-packages\;C:\Python35-32\Scripts\ Alternatively, use the built in tool that comes with Python (you might need to change 27 depending on Python version): C:\python27\tools\scripts\win_add2path.py Then open
    a Command Prompt and type python to check if it has registered . . .

DaveM121, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Got Blue Screen Error After Installing Python 3.7 With "Add Python 3.7 to PATH" Option Checked

1. Got Blue Screen Error After Installing Python 3.7 With "Add Python 3.7 to PATH" Option Checked - Similar Threads - Got Blue Screen

2. Python installation not full and python not working 3.11.0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Python installation not full and python not working 3.11.0: Hello all, I would like to ask you for help. I have been using Python 3.8 for almost 2 years and I decided to update to 3.11 installed with admin rights. Initially everything was correct. But at some point Windows shows me that Python is being reinstalled I don't have a...
  3. Python installation not full and python not working 3.11.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Python installation not full and python not working 3.11.0: Hello all, I would like to ask you for help. I have been using Python 3.8 for almost 2 years and I decided to update to 3.11 installed with admin rights. Initially everything was correct. But at some point Windows shows me that Python is being reinstalled I don't have a...
  4. Python installation not full and python not working 3.11.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Python default path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Python default path: Hello, is there any way I can specify the global python path? For whatever reason it is set to the one which comes with Inkscape...Is there any way I can change the 3.10.2 path to the system one?Thank you...
  6. Python default path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Python default path: Hello, is there any way I can specify the global python path? For whatever reason it is set to the one which comes with Inkscape...Is there any way I can change the 3.10.2 path to the system one?Thank you...
  7. Python 2.7.9 path

in Windows 10 Customization
    Python 2.7.9 path: Installed Python 2.7.9 on PC for use with FSEconomy interface. After sever attempts to establish "path" in environment variables and system variables I still get "Python is not recognized as an internal or external comparable program or batch file in the Command Prompt....
  8. Got problem while installing a python after uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Got problem while installing a python after uninstall: [22C4:1F88][2020-08-20T14:48:32]i323: Registering package dependency provider: {6FF3D3E8-6953-4723-B5E1-3A19416F6350}, version: 3.8.5150.0, package: test_JustForMe [22C4:1F88][2020-08-20T14:48:32]i325: Registering dependency: {de694e50-e0d0-48a5-9a7a-56fd037154e2} on package...
  9. Installing Python 3* on Win 10 from Microsoft store on PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing Python 3* on Win 10 from Microsoft store on PC: I have Microsoft account and my PC is registered with Microsoft store. I downloaded Python 3.7 and 3.8 from the store but can't install either version. My machine matches the system requirements. The message is that it does not see any devices where Python could be installed....
  10. how to add option to create file.for Python

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to add option to create file.for Python: is there way to create another option to create python file with extension .py https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-option-to-create-filefor-python/16410543-5d31-48b6-a380-e1a97c5e67f3"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. python 3.7 dpc watchdog violation