Windows 10: Got BSOD on Win7, wouldnt boot. Installed windows 10 same thing.

Discus and support Got BSOD on Win7, wouldnt boot. Installed windows 10 same thing. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Got a BSOD on Windows 7, then the computer wouldnt boot to Windows anymore. Installed Windows 10 after many failed attempts on the installation finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eduardomobe, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Got BSOD on Win7, wouldnt boot. Installed windows 10 same thing.

Got a BSOD on Windows 7, then the computer wouldnt boot to Windows anymore. Installed Windows 10 after many failed attempts on the installation finally managed to install it. Now I get BSOD and it wont boot. Could this be a HDD issue, CPU overheating? system_scan_at_raised_irql_caught_improper_driver_unload I got that error message on the Windows 10 BSOD. Thanks a lot for your help.

:)

eduardomobe, Jan 18, 2017
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Temporary Hide OS Partition

Some things to consider; type of bios- uefi or legacy or both, hard drive partition scheme-mbr or gpt.

Clone the win7 drive so if there is an issue with win10 and the win7 drive connected at the same time

you have some insurance; test the cloned drive.

The win10 install on fresh ssd; is this a full retail, oem, or upgrade from win7 ?

What win7 is installed, oem or retail ?

Hiding, deleting the win7 partition ( current boot ) may make the entire drive unusable because it

contains the drives boot layout information.

If the pc has uefi it supports drives above the 2tb os bootable from win8.1.

Remove win7 drive from pc, install ssd, install win10, get the os to current build.

Reconnect win7 drive, go into bios, make sure win 10 boot loader is first option,

then the physical drive windows is installed on, than other boot options;

if this is not done, win7 could still boot and the next win10 boot will find

corrupted data on the win7 drive.

Easybcd is a good program for modifying the boot loader.

kjl1956, Jan 18, 2017
  3. JonasÄng Win User
    BSOD WIndows 10 DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER (minidump added)

Now i have reinstalled win7 and upgraded to win10, in the begining it worked fine but today i got the same bsod. All drivers are downloaded from windowsupdate and again it looks like chrome and video streaming could be the problem. (that was what i was doing
    when i got bsod last time)

Tho this morning i got two bsod

* driver_overran_stackbuffer

* irql_is_not_less_or_equal

Both have the same kernelfile cousing it.

JonasÄng, Jan 18, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Got BSOD on Win7, wouldnt boot. Installed windows 10 same thing.

Hello *Smile

It would be helpful if you followed the BSOD Posting instructions given at the top of the page and also filled out your system specs.

philc43, Jan 18, 2017
Thema:

Got BSOD on Win7, wouldnt boot. Installed windows 10 same thing.

1. Got BSOD on Win7, wouldnt boot. Installed windows 10 same thing. - Similar Threads - Got BSOD Win7

2. boot device blocked. cant install win7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot device blocked. cant install win7: hello. im trying to install windows 7 ultimate on a legion. the bios and boot manager doesnt workboot manager: blocks itbios: does nothingplease help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-device-blocked-cant-install-win7/3ea80a70-8a70-45ce-b44d-4c6f4a34065a
  3. boot device blocked. cant install win7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot device blocked. cant install win7: hello. im trying to install windows 7 ultimate on a legion. the bios and boot manager doesnt workboot manager: blocks itbios: does nothingplease help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-device-blocked-cant-install-win7/3ea80a70-8a70-45ce-b44d-4c6f4a34065a
  4. windows update keep installing the same thing over and over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update keep installing the same thing over and over: I let it run for more than 10 hours and it never seem to be finish.it keep installing the top one and when it reach 100% it start to install the bottom one and when it reach 100% it start to install the top one again and the process keep repeating what do I do?...
  5. windows update keep installing the same thing over and over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update keep installing the same thing over and over: I let it run for more than 10 hours and it never seem to be finish.it keep installing the top one and when it reach 100% it start to install the bottom one and when it reach 100% it start to install the top one again and the process keep repeating what do I do?...
  6. windows wouldnt install on a laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows wouldnt install on a laptop.: So this is after i asked about a similar thing the other day.during the process right before the pc would restart, it said windows couldnt install some files.I know it's not the ram, because I've had this ram ever since the beginning of this year, in fact that same ram is in...
  7. Dual boot Win7 & Win10 on same HDD - How to eliminate Win7?

Dual boot Win7 & Win10 on same HDD - How to eliminate Win7?: I had a single hard drive with Windows 7 on it and then created another partition and loaded Windows 10 on that resulting in a dual boot setup.I want to eliminate the dual boot setup and delete the partition with windows 7 on it leaving a single partition with only Windows...
  8. win10 unstable bsod win7 same machine never

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 unstable bsod win7 same machine never: i7 4930k 16 mem samsung pro xfx video (3 identical machines) machines year and half old win 7 never a problem, never a crash, never an event in event viewer win 10 over 7, perfect. until look under the sheets with all sorts of recurring errors that this forum has...
  9. dual boot win7/win10 wont boot to win7 anymore +BSOD "memory managemen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dual boot win7/win10 wont boot to win7 anymore +BSOD "memory managemen: My pc specs * asus z97-p motherboard * intel i7 4790 cpu * bequiet 630w psu * 8gig corsair vengeance ram * samsung 850evo 250gig ssd (win 7pro 64bit drive) * sandisk ultra II ssd 128gig ssd (win 10 drive) * 2x crucial 500gig bx100 ssd (data drives) i recently rebuilt this...
  10. Dual Boot win7/10 questions...with clean install

Dual Boot win7/10 questions...with clean install: Hello, I recently upgraded my one laptop to windows 10 and thought I was doing a clean install but did not and wound up doing a restore that deleted everything. I downloaded windows 10 via the media creation tool in hopes of doing a clean install to my other laptop. I have...