Windows 10: Got BSOD with no dump file, Windows says i need to run chkdsk but i doesnt run on reboot

Discus and support Got BSOD with no dump file, Windows says i need to run chkdsk but i doesnt run on reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i was just working on my thesis when i got a bsod and a reboot, it was so fast that i couldnt read the error message and no dump file was created.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FRANCISCOGUTIERREZ, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Got BSOD with no dump file, Windows says i need to run chkdsk but i doesnt run on reboot

So i was just working on my thesis when i got a bsod and a reboot, it was so fast that i couldnt read the error message and no dump file was created. Event manager says i need to run chkdsk on my boot drive C: kingsont a400 SSD but everytime i try to run it, the pc just boots normally. Ive tried using a USB and running a command propmt from there, an elevated command prompt from windows, reducing the time chkdsk waits for confirmation to 0. But nothing, i just want to run a check on my disk so i can fix the problem and continue to work.

Ive used chkdsk C: /F /R /X on troubleshooting mode and it says chkdsk cannot lock current drive. I really need help with this, im afraid i get another BSOD out of nowhere and lose more work, with no dump files i just dont know what to do.

:)

FRANCISCOGUTIERREZ, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Got BSOD with no dump file, Windows says i need to run chkdsk but i doesnt run on reboot

1. Got BSOD with no dump file, Windows says i need to run chkdsk but i doesnt run on reboot - Similar Threads - Got BSOD dump

2. CHKDSK run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK run: I had my windows 10. Suddenly it shut down and couldnt do automatic repair. ı tried many methods but regback in command prompt helped. after months, same happened again but regback didnt help. So I ran a chkdsk f d even though my OS in C just watched youtube. I typed y for...
  3. CHKDSK run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK run: I had my windows 10. Suddenly it shut down and couldnt do automatic repair. ı tried many methods but regback in command prompt helped. after months, same happened again but regback didnt help. So I ran a chkdsk f d even though my OS in C just watched youtube. I typed y for...
  4. CHKDSK run

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. chkdsk is not running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk is not running.: When trying to run a chkdsk on the Operating System Volume C: it does not run but instead shows this following log under system.This is on a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard Virtual Machine. Running from a Hyper-V. Is the chkdsk failing because of this?I've tried the...
  6. chkdsk is not running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk is not running.: When trying to run a chkdsk on the Operating System Volume C: it does not run but instead shows this following log under system.This is on a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard Virtual Machine. Running from a Hyper-V. Is the chkdsk failing because of this?I've tried the...
  7. I got a BSOD dump file link is there

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I got a BSOD dump file link is there: I got a BSOD so please check what caused itDump file hyperlink https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-bsod-dump-file-link-is-there/fe68f037-991c-483d-a207-36372f5f616e
  8. WINDOWS 10 - chkdsk not running after reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS 10 - chkdsk not running after reboot: I am on Windows 10.When I use chkdsk it says there are problems but it cant repair them in read-only mode because I use my pc and the C driver I guess, so I do a command to plan the chkdsk during the reboot.When I run chkdsk on my C driver, it tells me I can't use it right...
  9. Running CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running CHKDSK: Hi, i run chkddsk and this is the result but im not sure what to do about it, maybe i should just reinstall win10?C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkddsk 'chkddsk' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk The type of...
  10. CHKDSK not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK not running: I have errors on C: and scheduled checkdisk to run on restart. The issue is it goes through the countdown for pressing a key to cancel, then it says checking for errors on c but then after a few seconds the screen goes black and goes straight to the windows log in screen....