Windows 10: Got clock_watchdog_timeout error and apps constantly crash when opened

Discus and support Got clock_watchdog_timeout error and apps constantly crash when opened in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, so about 3 days ago I built a new pc, when all of a sudden the screen froze and I got a bsod error. Apparently I got a clock_watchdog_timeout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by littleRiley89, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Got clock_watchdog_timeout error and apps constantly crash when opened

Hey, so about 3 days ago I built a new pc, when all of a sudden the screen froze and I got a bsod error. Apparently I got a clock_watchdog_timeout error meaning I probably got a cpu problem? Im not sure. I reinstalled windows and now my apps keep on crashing when I open them for some reason. If you have the solution to this problem it would be greatly appreciated! :

PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 3 3200g

rog strix b450-f gaming

16gb memory2x8 gb

PS: I dont know too much of computer stuff so if i didnt mention something just tell me.

:)

littleRiley89, Sep 5, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Got clock_watchdog_timeout error and apps constantly crash when opened [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

axe0, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Got clock_watchdog_timeout error and apps constantly crash when opened :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Got clock_watchdog_timeout error and apps constantly crash when opened

App Constantly Crashes

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Is this issue specific to any app?
    • Are you facing same issue with all the apps?
    Method 1:

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to check for any available Windows updates. Also check for the Windows date and time if it is set correct and synced.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Method 2:

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: Clear and reset the Store Cache

• Open Start screen and press
      Windows + R keys on the keyboard.

• Run Window will open, and type
      wsreset.exe in the text box.
    Step 2: Re-register the Store App

Run the following in a Command Window (CMD) to re-register the Store App:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML

Method 3:

Try the below troubleshooter and check.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Got clock_watchdog_timeout error and apps constantly crash when opened

1. Got clock_watchdog_timeout error and apps constantly crash when opened - Similar Threads - Got clock_watchdog_timeout error

2. BSOD - Clock_Watchdog_Timeout constantly happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Clock_Watchdog_Timeout constantly happening: In the last couple days, despite no real updates to the PC, I have begun experiencing constant BSOD's with an error code of Clock_Watchdog_timeout. These crashes are becoming very frequent; sometimes immediately upon startup, sometimes a few minutes in, or sometimes shortly...
  3. BSOD - Clock_Watchdog_Timeout constantly happening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - Clock_Watchdog_Timeout constantly happening: In the last couple days, despite no real updates to the PC, I have begun experiencing constant BSOD's with an error code of Clock_Watchdog_timeout. These crashes are becoming very frequent; sometimes immediately upon startup, sometimes a few minutes in, or sometimes shortly...
  4. Clock_watchdog_timeout blue screen crash error when launching bluestacks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock_watchdog_timeout blue screen crash error when launching bluestacks: Hey,Today I decided to install bluestacks to play some android games on the pc. Unfortunately, it seems like launching bluestacks is the cause of the issue. Below is the minidump.Any ideas on what the issue is?https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtzNyq6P4fuj4CcvKf5IjyzAZnOn?e=TTJNAD...
  5. Clock_watchdog_timeout blue screen crash error when launching bluestacks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clock_watchdog_timeout blue screen crash error when launching bluestacks: Hey,Today I decided to install bluestacks to play some android games on the pc. Unfortunately, it seems like launching bluestacks is the cause of the issue. Below is the minidump.Any ideas on what the issue is?https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtzNyq6P4fuj4CcvKf5IjyzAZnOn?e=TTJNAD...
  6. BSoD Constant Clock_Watchdog_Timeouts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD Constant Clock_Watchdog_Timeouts: So ever since i upgraded my Motherboard and CPU, i kept getting Clock_Watchdog_Timeout BDoS with a rare occasion of Pool_Memory_Corruption?Ive tried Troubleshooting via Mdsched, resetting my UEFI BIOS to Default Settings though disabled Fast Boot, updating Drivers but i...
  7. Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error

Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error: Hi, I have had my PC for 3 years now. This is the following specs: Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4 AM4 CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 1600 6-Core 3.2 GHz (3.6 GHz Turbo) RAM: 32 GB Power Supply: SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM 550W ATX12V OS: Windows 10 Pro Build 19041.329 Ever since...
  8. Why does Edge constantly crash when open?

Why does Edge constantly crash when open?: Every time when I open Edge Source Microsoft Edge Content Process Summary Stopped working Date ‎7/‎8/‎2019 6:12 PM Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: MoCFGSUP...
  9. Crashing When opening apps

Crashing When opening apps: When I try to launch fortnite, or when I fullscreen powerpoint, my laptop crashes. I get the error message system thread exception not handled. It used to work fine before though. and a nivida gtx[ATTACH]...
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT crashes frequently

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT crashes frequently: I have been having lots of BSODs on my desktop lately, which seem to happen fairly randomly during normal use. The crashes can sometimes happen weeks apart but often happen very frequently (5 times in the past 24 hours, if i remember correctly). The errors given during these...