Windows 10: Got Hacked

Discus and support Got Hacked in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got roped into tech support after pop up. Cost me $119 for 9 month contract. Had problem after 6 months. They had me do recovery Everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LarryBittenbender, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Got Hacked

I got roped into tech support after pop up. Cost me $119 for 9 month contract. Had problem after 6 months. They had me do recovery Everything worked fine. They connected to my PC to "Finish" job. They installed file C:/windows system 32> Taskill /F / IM Exployer.exe. This causes pop up to enter windows activation code or call Microsoft @855-570-6821. Doesn't accept my current code. Then PC shuts down. Even recovery won't fix it. How do I get rid of this malicious code. They wanted $1200.00 in "Walmart Gift Cards" to fix their hack. Any ideas?

:)

LarryBittenbender, Mar 22, 2019
  2. R.Mike Win User

Email Hacked

Hello Greg

thank you for your response and the great information you provided.

I use two step authentication for my email account and all important web sites. I also use the full version of Malwarebytes to protect my computer.

But I will do the scans you suggested AdwCleaner and Limewire.com and let you know the results.

I am worried though that the webcam installed on my laptop could have been hacked. I never use it and forgot about it, so never disabled it.

Any suggestions as to find if it was actually hacked?

thank you

mike

R.Mike, Mar 22, 2019
  3. PP Mguire Win User
    77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Rohit_R Win User

Got Hacked

My laptop is remotely hacked

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In line with your concern, please help me with following question:

• Are you using the Local account or Microsoft account on the computer?

Try to perform the below steps:

• Scan the system with the
      Microsoft Safety Scanner
    • Turn ON the Windows Updates and get all the required Updates to install.
    Update Windows 10

Refer this link if facing any issues with the Windows Updates:

Windows 10 Updates: FAQ

You may follow the steps in the below link to protect your PC from Viruses and Hacking:

Protect my PC from viruses and Hackers

Hope it helps.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Got Hacked

1. Got Hacked - Similar Threads - Got Hacked

2. My microsoft account got hacked and i have the email of the account that hacked me. How do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account got hacked and i have the email of the account that hacked me. How do...: i have submitted a form for it but i dont remember everything about it like my xbox name and stuff. ive had this account for 4+ years. I got the email of the email that hacked me but i dont know what to do now...
  3. My microsoft account got hacked and i have the email of the account that hacked me. How do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microsoft account got hacked and i have the email of the account that hacked me. How do...: i have submitted a form for it but i dont remember everything about it like my xbox name and stuff. ive had this account for 4+ years. I got the email of the email that hacked me but i dont know what to do now...
  4. My account got hacked they changed the password and microsoft doesn't trust that I'm the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account got hacked they changed the password and microsoft doesn't trust that I'm the...: pls help* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-got-hacked-they-changed-the-password/3cad8a02-51c2-4a62-aa37-092359d9c8cc
  5. My account got hacked they changed the password and microsoft doesn't trust that I'm the...

My account got hacked they changed the password and microsoft doesn't trust that I'm the...: pls help* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-got-hacked-they-changed-the-password/3cad8a02-51c2-4a62-aa37-092359d9c8cc
  6. Urgent help please. Got hacked I think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent help please. Got hacked I think: I called google searched Microsoft authenticator app and stupidly clicked the first number. They eventually had me search some thing that allowed them to remote control the device. As soon as i realized what happened, I removed their permissions and deleted what they had me...
  7. Urgent help please. Got hacked I think

Urgent help please. Got hacked I think: I called google searched Microsoft authenticator app and stupidly clicked the first number. They eventually had me search some thing that allowed them to remote control the device. As soon as i realized what happened, I removed their permissions and deleted what they had me...
  8. Urgent help please. Got hacked I think

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Reclaim old account got hacked and changed email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reclaim old account got hacked and changed email: My account got hacked awhile ago and they change the email. I was wondering if I can get it back. The old email address was *** Email address is removed for privacy *** don't know what they change it to now but I saw that my character on Minecraft got changed to different...
  10. Reclaim old account got hacked and changed email

Reclaim old account got hacked and changed email: My account got hacked awhile ago and they change the email. I was wondering if I can get it back. The old email address was *** Email address is removed for privacy *** don't know what they change it to now but I saw that my character on Minecraft got changed to different...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i got hacked by