Windows 10: Got Hit by "Avanish" malware, missed by W10 security

Discus and support Got Hit by "Avanish" malware, missed by W10 security in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the past some folks came hard on me for pointing out the deadly security ineffectiveness of W10. Here is a proof. A malware by the name "Avinash"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rickerz, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Rickerz Win User

Got Hit by "Avanish" malware, missed by W10 security

In the past some folks came hard on me for pointing out the deadly security
    ineffectiveness of W10. Here is a proof.

A malware by the name "Avinash" brought the speed of my PC to a crawl
    WINDOWS SECURITY ran twice and declared the system sound safe.

I was not satisfied so I initiated my own Malware Software protection namely
    HITMAN PRO, in minutes it detected and quarantined the Malware AVANISH
    and its roots to include an EXE file : "Anachronism.ksee".

At this point I was happy , but noticed the Malware still showing up in my startup list ,
    though I have disabled them ( Nine of the same name Avinash), still showing up in my task list , Hitman Pro announced they are disabled.

My questions for the guru that I wish can help are:

1. Is there a way to remove the malware name from the "startup list".
    2. How to stop/eliminate the ,Malware (Avinash) in/from the process list.
    3. How to search and delete any hidden traces even inactive
    4. Did Anyone (MS included ) raise a flag about this Malware threat?

The following are the remnant names of the malware "Avinash":

Avinash

buaqIjva ( it could be a capital "I" or a lower case "L")

Anachronism .. and others that got rid by Hitman Pro .

I did Google "Avinash".. but there was no mention to any Malware, but revealed a
    SW security researcher by the name "Avinash" .

:)

Rickerz, Sep 5, 2019
  2. R-T-B Win User

Manufacturers embed malware in their smartphones

There is an important distinction there. Adware != malware.

R-T-B, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Got Hit by "Avanish" malware, missed by W10 security

Manufacturers embed malware in their smartphones

That list is complete bunk. I have or have had several of the Android devices listed and not one of them EVER had any level of malware. A few of them had a few pieces of bloatware, but that's not the same and all were completely harmless. And as each device was rooted, debloated and then properly secured, yeah, just not buying this rubbish.

lexluthermiester, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Got Hit by "Avanish" malware, missed by W10 security

1. Got Hit by "Avanish" malware, missed by W10 security - Similar Threads - Got Hit Avanish

2. Got a Security Warning - "Threat_Detected-!!Dridex!! Malware"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a Security Warning - "Threat_Detected-!!Dridex!! Malware": Got a Security Warning on my laptop, telling me to call Microsoft Helpline immediately to report this threat @+1-855-912-2447. "Threat_Detected-!!Dridex!! Malware"I took a photo of the screen.This looks like it could be a hacking attempt. I called the # above and talked to a...
  3. Got a Security Warning - "Threat_Detected-!!Dridex!! Malware"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Got a Security Warning - "Threat_Detected-!!Dridex!! Malware": Got a Security Warning on my laptop, telling me to call Microsoft Helpline immediately to report this threat @+1-855-912-2447. "Threat_Detected-!!Dridex!! Malware"I took a photo of the screen.This looks like it could be a hacking attempt. I called the # above and talked to a...
  4. Got a Security Warning - "Threat_Detected-!!Dridex!! Malware"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Got hit by COPA Ransomware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Got hit by COPA Ransomware: So I monkey brained yesterday and downloaded a software from a dodgy website. Then when I tried to installed it, I disabled the antivirus to prevent false positives. Anyway, it encrypted a lot of my photos and videos which was annoying at most. The defender and malwarebyte...
  6. Got Hit By A Torjan With UAC Bypass

Got Hit By A Torjan With UAC Bypass: Hello , my name is zak and i've been hit by torjan planted in a program that was supposed to create keyloggers , upon launch of the program i received a message stating an error which i thought was suspicious because its one of the features of this keylogger to display an...
  7. May have been hit with Malware

May have been hit with Malware: I am running Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. I had the thing setup to always display my desktop as opposed to the Windows 10 start menu. Almost all of my applications had icons on the desktop. Now when I start, my desktop is totally empty even the color was changed. I used...
  8. Got Hit by "Avanish" malware, missed by W10 security

Got Hit by "Avanish" malware, missed by W10 security: In the past some folks came hard on me for pointing out the deadly security ineffectiveness of W10. Here is a proof. A malware by the name "Avinash" brought the speed of my PC to a crawl WINDOWS SECURITY ran twice and declared the system sound safe. I was not satisfied so...
  9. Saving to Desktop is hit or miss

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving to Desktop is hit or miss: I have a problem that manifests on both my work laptop (Lenovo T450, an oldie) and my new high-end Dell desktop (Dell XPS 8920). I'll save to Desktop a file (from Excel, or an email attachment). Or I'll save a download to Desktop from a web browser (usually Firefox,...
  10. Boot up hit and miss!

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot up hit and miss!: Over the last couple of weeks my boot up has been very hit and miss, when it misses I get the message, 'Reboot and select proper boot device', I switch off and after a couple of tries all works fine. When I look in the Boot Option, 1st Boot Device is 'Windows Boot...