Windows 10: Got my girlfriend a PC recently, and OneDrive is basically a plague that has screwed many...

Discus and support Got my girlfriend a PC recently, and OneDrive is basically a plague that has screwed many... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Here's the message we're having when trying to open certain things in her explorer window: https://imgur.com/a/cH2CcNT Basically what was happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChipsAhoiMcCoy, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Got my girlfriend a PC recently, and OneDrive is basically a plague that has screwed many...

Here's the message we're having when trying to open certain things in her explorer window:

https://imgur.com/a/cH2CcNT

Basically what was happening was OneDrive was going haywire and syncing herstuff from another machine. Every time we would try to install one of her old games or something, it would go wild, and OneDrive would overwrite her files. So we wanted to remove it completely. So I found a script to run on Reddit to completely remove OneDrive, and it definitely did the job, but now we are left with that error. I've found out that these are "OneDrive" shortcuts, and that her actual desktop is located in C:\Users\Public\Desktop, and yet this shortcut isn't pointing to that desktop? Also, the right-click context menu where you can click "Send to>Desktop." isn't sending shortcuts to her desktop at all. I think they're trying to send to the OneDrive desktop. What on earth is happening here? Also, her explorer window is "cut off" compared to mine. Take a look at her entire window:

https://imgur.com/a/sduhrXB

And here's mine, for reference:

https://imgur.com/a/BcaouPm

We are desparately trying to find answers, and would love some input. I have used Windows for over a decade, and have never, EVER seen something like this before.

submitted by /u/ChipsAhoiMcCoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChipsAhoiMcCoy, Sep 22, 2020
  2. NWmoose Win User

Plague Inc. is not downloading in windows app store but other apps do download.

It is just stuck downloading with no progress made. This is the first time I'm down loading this app on my PC. The troubleshooting steps that are suggested will not work because I downloaded an other app after I started downloading plague inc. and they are
    troubleshoot suggestions for if nothing is downloading which is not the case.

Finally there are is no recent changes to my PC.

NWmoose, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Got my girlfriend a PC recently, and OneDrive is basically a plague that has screwed many...

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Got my girlfriend a PC recently, and OneDrive is basically a plague that has screwed many...

1. Got my girlfriend a PC recently, and OneDrive is basically a plague that has screwed many... - Similar Threads - Got girlfriend recently

2. My girlfriend its from china and has some problem to enter to her pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My girlfriend its from china and has some problem to enter to her pc: My Girlfriend its from china and she cant enter her pc because since she came from Japan because it ask her to enter her account but she cant because china its ban, so basically she cant enter her own pc because she need to enter her account to do it....
  3. Recently my pc got into temporary profile error..

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Recently my pc got into temporary profile error..: showing 2 new profiles 1 with my original profile name and the 2nd profile named administrator. And I tried so many fixes but issue isn't solved . I tried regedit fix by removing temp profile and renaming the .bak file, and tried safe mode,restarting several times also didn't...
  4. Recently my pc got into temporary profile error..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently my pc got into temporary profile error..: showing 2 new profiles 1 with my original profile name and the 2nd profile named administrator. And I tried so many fixes but issue isn't solved . I tried regedit fix by removing temp profile and renaming the .bak file, and tried safe mode,restarting several times also didn't...
  5. Recently my pc got into temporary profile error..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Onedrive screwed my Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive screwed my Quick Access: i deleted onedrive back then because i don't use onedrive and i accidentally moved all my docs to onedrive. i have disconnected and turned off onedrive but the quick access links still lead to the files on onedrive. since those files no longer exist in onedrive, the quick...
  7. Recent windows update has completely screwed my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent windows update has completely screwed my PC.: Hi all, This morning my computer was running perfectly fine, and then a windows update automatically installed itself and now my whole computer is screwed. I have no sound, two of my games won't work, I can't play spotify, local files or video files. I have tried literally...
  8. Recent windows update has completely screwed my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent windows update has completely screwed my PC.: Hi all, This morning my computer was running perfectly fine, and then a windows update automatically installed itself and now my whole computer is screwed. I have no sound, two of my games won't work, I can't play spotify, local files or video files. I have tried literally...
  9. Recent windows update has completely screwed my PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Onedrive screwed my pc up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Onedrive screwed my pc up: So today I decided to backup my PC desktop toOnedrive. Unfortunately, my laptop was already backed up. This resulted in both my desktop icons from my laptop and my pc being merged. When I tried to stop the merging, the icons just disappeared never to return. How do I revert...