Windows 10: Got new Win 10 Desktop

Discus and support Got new Win 10 Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well it is new to me. I guess I will spend the next week or so just learning to get around on it. I know it has an SSD hard drive on which only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Oct 27, 2018.

1. huffman Win User

Got new Win 10 Desktop

Well it is new to me. I guess I will spend the next week or so just learning to get around on it.

I know it has an SSD hard drive on which only Windows 10 is installed. It also has 1 TB hard drive that I want to partition into 3 drives That mean I will have to rename the DVD drive so that when the drive is partitioned, it will be named the way I want it named (keep fingers crossed, but no big deal.

I know there are certain things I prefer like IE instead of Edge and Windows explorer over File that comes in Windows 10..

My cousin who gave me the PC installed a few things for me and will need to learn to use those..

One thing I would like to know right now is: How to tell what version of Windows 10 I have??

Thanks a bunch.

:)

huffman, Oct 27, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 27, 2018
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Oct 27, 2018
  4. Got new Win 10 Desktop

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

Got new Win 10 Desktop

1. Got new Win 10 Desktop - Similar Threads - Got Desktop

2. My system got compromised recently and a weird file reovery.dat is being created in desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system got compromised recently and a weird file reovery.dat is being created in desktop: Hello, Recently i installed a cracked software fromcanva app by mistake instead of legit one and after that all my accounts got compromised including google and all associated account. I checked windows defender a file exclusion was automatically made and which probably gave...
  3. My system got compromised recently and a weird file reovery.dat is being created in desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My system got compromised recently and a weird file reovery.dat is being created in desktop: Hello, Recently i installed a cracked software fromcanva app by mistake instead of legit one and after that all my accounts got compromised including google and all associated account. I checked windows defender a file exclusion was automatically made and which probably gave...
  4. My son just got a desktop for gaming. I put in my microsoft info and now my desktop from my...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My son just got a desktop for gaming. I put in my microsoft info and now my desktop from my...: My son got a pc for Christmas and I was putting my info in because he is attached to my email for his Xbox and PlayStation. So when I went to put my microsoft stuff it not is having me be the main person to the computer and whatever I have on my laptop is now on his computer....
  5. My son just got a desktop for gaming. I put in my microsoft info and now my desktop from my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son just got a desktop for gaming. I put in my microsoft info and now my desktop from my...: My son got a pc for Christmas and I was putting my info in because he is attached to my email for his Xbox and PlayStation. So when I went to put my microsoft stuff it not is having me be the main person to the computer and whatever I have on my laptop is now on his computer....
  6. My son just got a desktop for gaming. I put in my microsoft info and now my desktop from my...

7. Does anyone know how Microsoft Remote Desktop connection got into my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how Microsoft Remote Desktop connection got into my device: So I was looking through my control panel and saw this program I don’t remember installing it’s made by Microsoft and is called Remote Desktop connection I searched it up and it is made by Microsoft I checked my download history and didn’t see anything on august 22nd which is...
  8. Does anyone know how Microsoft Remote Desktop connection got into my device

Does anyone know how Microsoft Remote Desktop connection got into my device: So I was looking through my control panel and saw this program I don’t remember installing it’s made by Microsoft and is called Remote Desktop connection I searched it up and it is made by Microsoft I checked my download history and didn’t see anything on august 22nd which is...
  9. I got into a problem with booting my Windows 10 Desktop. 0xc000000f and Access is Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got into a problem with booting my Windows 10 Desktop. 0xc000000f and Access is Denied: Hello there! I've been spending hours upon hours on trying to fix my computer that won't boot up ever since I fixed the SSD not showing up on my desktop computer. When I turn on my computer, it doesn't boot up Operating system wasn't found so I decided to press F2 or DEL to...
  10. I got into a problem with booting my Windows 10 Desktop. 0xc000000f and Access is Denied

I got into a problem with booting my Windows 10 Desktop. 0xc000000f and Access is Denied: Hello there! I've been spending hours upon hours on trying to fix my computer that won't boot up ever since I fixed the SSD not showing up on my desktop computer. When I turn on my computer, it doesn't boot up Operating system wasn't found so I decided to press F2 or DEL to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable