Windows 10: Got rid of searchapp.exe trying to improve performance but it broke a lot of things.

Discus and support Got rid of searchapp.exe trying to improve performance but it broke a lot of things. in Cortana to solve the problem; I followed these instructions: How do you disable SearchApp.exe from running so that you can enable - Microsoft Community. I did not do the optional... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BenHoxer, Oct 9, 2022.

1. BenHoxer Win User

Got rid of searchapp.exe trying to improve performance but it broke a lot of things.

I followed these instructions: How do you disable SearchApp.exe from running so that you can enable - Microsoft Community. I did not do the optional part but I need it fixed. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

:)

BenHoxer, Oct 9, 2022

2. Improve performance

Hi Linda

I´m an Independent Advisor

I listed some action you may do to improve performance.

The following suggestions can help your PC make the most out of Windows 10. The tips are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that helps, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Show all

1. Make sure you have the latest updates for Windows and device drivers

2. Restart your PC and open only the apps you need

3. Check memory and memory usage

4. Check for low disk space and make some room

5. Restore your PC from a system restore point

6. Disable unnecessary startup programs

7. Check for and remove viruses and malware

8. Check for corrupted Windows system files

9. Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows

10. Pause OneDrive syncing

11. Reset your PC

link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/400201...

Let me know if this solve your issue

Saludos

Rolando Rosales, Oct 9, 2022
  3. Disable app to help improve performance

Hi Kenneth,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Which is the app you wish to disable to improve performance?

I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue.
    Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the System maintenance
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      System maintenance troubleshooter.
    I suggest you to refer the below article and check if you are able to improve performance.

Note: The below link applies well to Windows 10 also.

Performance & maintenance

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/...-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 9, 2022
  4. Sajer Win User

Got rid of searchapp.exe trying to improve performance but it broke a lot of things.

Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. Got rid of searchapp.exe trying to improve performance but it broke a lot of things. :)

Sajer, Oct 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Got rid of searchapp.exe trying to improve performance but it broke a lot of things. - Similar Threads - Got rid searchapp

2. A lot of bluescreens, tried a lot of things, need further help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A lot of bluescreens, tried a lot of things, need further help: I have a ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IV laptop, which blue screens a lot. The messages vary a lot, but the most common one is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have tried a lot of things, but it still blue screens and freeze every once in a while. I have tried updating all drivers,...
  3. A lot of bluescreens, tried a lot of things, need further help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of bluescreens, tried a lot of things, need further help: I have a ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IV laptop, which blue screens a lot. The messages vary a lot, but the most common one is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have tried a lot of things, but it still blue screens and freeze every once in a while. I have tried updating all drivers,...
  4. Got rid of searchapp.exe trying to improve performance but it broke a lot of things.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got rid of searchapp.exe trying to improve performance but it broke a lot of things.: I followed these instructions: How do you disable SearchApp.exe from running so that you can enable - Microsoft Community. I did not do the optional part but I need it fixed. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!...
  5. Got rid of searchapp.exe trying to improve performance but it broke a lot of things.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got rid of searchapp.exe trying to improve performance but it broke a lot of things.: I followed these instructions: How do you disable SearchApp.exe from running so that you can enable - Microsoft Community. I did not do the optional part but I need it fixed. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!...
  6. The searchApp

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The searchApp: After system crash the last objects to run on the program in windows 10 wereThe system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application BackgroundTaskHost.exe -system errorThis overrun could potentiall allow a malicious user to gain control of this...
  7. i broke a lot of things

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i broke a lot of things: i moved my %appdata% folder, and now a lot of the windows 10 features won't work. reason for moving it: I was constantly running out of space on my windows partition and I don't have money to spend on a new hard drive with more space right now, but I did move it properly. I...
  8. SearchApp crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SearchApp crash: Hi. I got today first crash when i clicked on search bar in Windows 10 . I clicked on search nothing happened. And crash registered on event logs. Screen: [ATTACH] ExceptionCode:0xc00000602 app: SearchApp.exe Kernelbase.dll Ignore that? My pc: 108500K stock...
  9. trying to improve performance-

trying to improve performance-: my computer is running too slowly. when i searched help, i was told to chesk fo the latest updates when i clicked on that I got an error message sayin the server terminated because it enclountereed a "client request loop". Now I cant get past that step in the tips to...
  10. Improve performance

Improve performance: Very slow pc. How do I improve performance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/improve-performance/870b638c-8473-4024-b0c2-297850f670c4