Windows 10: Got SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED from mssecflk.sys driver after trying to uninstall...

Discus and support Got SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED from mssecflk.sys driver after trying to uninstall... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. Recently, AMD released new Chipset drivers. I wanted to install them, but I got an error during the installation, so I decided to uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EZPC1, Apr 9, 2020.

1. /u/EZPC1 Win User

Got SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED from mssecflk.sys driver after trying to uninstall...

Hello.

Recently, AMD released new Chipset drivers. I wanted to install them, but I got an error during the installation, so I decided to uninstall old drivers via Control Panel first. Unfortunately, uninstaller stuck at 0%, I decided to run AMD Clean Uninstall Utility which is recommended to run if you can' t uninstall drivers via Control Panel. Utility asked me if I want to reboot into safe mode and I pressed yes. Unfortunately, after that, my OS did not boot anymore. It ends with BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED from driver mssecflk.sys. I would like to revive the system without reinstalling it if possible.

Setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    MOBO: MSI X470 Gaming Pro
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro OC 4GB
    RAM: HyperX Fury 2x8GB 2133MHz CL14
    SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 256GB

Troubleshooting steps I tried:

• sfc, chkdsk and dism from Windows PE
    • running into safe mode
    submitted by /u/EZPC1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EZPC1, Apr 9, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Got SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED from mssecflk.sys driver after trying to uninstall... :confused:

oli_ramsay, Apr 10, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

Hi Asellia,

Welcome to the 10forums.

What driver versions have you tried currently for your graphics?
    If it is the newest version, 361.43, try rolling back the drivers.
    Driver Rollback | NVIDIA
    Code:
    Code:
    Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VIDMM_CPU_HOST_APERTURE::UnmapRange+3a )  7: kd> lmvm nvlddmkmstart             end                 module name fffff800`cf870000 fffff800`d048b000   nvlddmkm   (deferred)                  Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys     Image name: nvlddmkm.sys     Timestamp:        Wed Dec 16 15:03:30 2015 (56716F32)     CheckSum:         00BE13AE     ImageSize:        00C1B000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Got SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED from mssecflk.sys driver after trying to uninstall... [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

4. Got SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED from mssecflk.sys driver after trying to uninstall...

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (SYMEFASI64.SYS)

Hi Dave,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per your description of the issue, I would suggest you to check in safe mode if issue persists or not. If not, the I suggest you install your graphic and chipset drivers and check. Please follow the steps below and check:

Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, click on
    Control Panel; select System and Maintenance.

• Click on Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, locate Display adapters and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
    • Go to Driver tab, then click on Update Driver. And follow the instructions.
    If there are other drivers showing with exclamation mark, update them using the same steps from above.

Let us know if this fixes your issue or not, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Got SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED from mssecflk.sys driver after trying to uninstall...

1. Got SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED from mssecflk.sys driver after trying to uninstall... - Similar Threads - Got SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED mssecflk

2. Can't Uninstall Driver wdcsam64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Uninstall Driver wdcsam64.sys: I uninstalled it once, but I restored a restore point because of another issue.Now I used the same syntax in Windows PowerShell. This time, however, it removed the driverbut there is another of the same name which now does not get listed using pnputil.The driver is preventing...
  3. Trying to Uninstall Incompatible Driver wdcsam64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Uninstall Incompatible Driver wdcsam64.sys: Windows won't turn on memory integrity because of this incompatible driver.This is fdor my external hdd.I did it once but forgot the procedure.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-uninstall-incompatible-driver/c5bf8ce3-c442-4093-bd14-18dab77ed76f
  4. Trying to Uninstall Incompatible Driver wdcsam64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to Uninstall Incompatible Driver wdcsam64.sys: Windows won't turn on memory integrity because of this incompatible driver.This is fdor my external hdd.I did it once but forgot the procedure.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-uninstall-incompatible-driver/c5bf8ce3-c442-4093-bd14-18dab77ed76f
  5. BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by driver lvrs64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by driver lvrs64.sys: As the title says, I have been encountering two same BSODs that is caused by one driver lvrs64.sys that happens to be Logitech driver from the external webcam that I bought for my laptop, Logitech C270, since my built-in webcam is broken. Please tell me if there are any...
  6. BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys

BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys: Dear all, Received BSOD a few times now with the above mentioned error. Followed the tip of 3d party accessories but just runnnig laptop with nothing connected gives the BSOD as well. I got word that with DMP files you would be able to find a culprit? Anyone know how that...
  7. System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys: This is a custom built computer, these errors happened starting around late november, after the november update if that helps. I am on the latest non-insider updates for windows 10, as well as video drivers. This seems to happen randomly, as note. Ranging from watching a...
  8. BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys

BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys: This was a BSOD that I had a a few months ago, before I installed the Creaters update. If anyone is familiar with the VLC media player program , I was using the clone feature to test CPU/GPU performance. I set the value to 100 then my computer ran into a BSOD. I tried to...
  9. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys: Hi, I've encountered this BSOD while gaming since I upgraded my home computer to Windows 10 back in October 2015. I've been in contact with Nvidia's support but they pretty much blamed Microsoft and since they can't recreate the problem they're unable to help. There's a...
  10. system_thread_exception_not_handled: what failed: igdkmd64.sys

system_thread_exception_not_handled: what failed: igdkmd64.sys: Dell Optiplex790 USFF desktop with onboard Intel graphics, Win 10. In the last week a BSOD has randomly popped up about several times when I've been using FireFox. No game playing. In last case I was simply composing a post on a forum The system reboots and "fixes" itself,...