Windows 10: Got the 20H2 update today. This was fast!

Discus and support Got the 20H2 update today. This was fast! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; As usual I searched for Windows updates to my computer today which I do every morning. The download AND initial install took under 10 seconds! After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by snickie, Oct 21, 2020.

1. snickie Win User

Got the 20H2 update today. This was fast!

As usual I searched for Windows updates to my computer today which I do every morning. The download AND initial install took under 10 seconds! After reboot the final installation took about 30 seconds.

This is the fastest update to a new version ever!
    As present everything is working normally on my old (4 years) trusted MSI laptop. I hope it will stay that way...
    If the updates in the future will be as fast as this one, I'm impressed.

On my Mac Mini an update takes about 15-25 minutes and that is a DOS, i.e I cant use the computer when Mac Mini is updating. The DOS time on my Windows box was, as I stated earlier, about 30 seconds.

The specs on my MSI and my Mac Mini are about the same with an Intel i7 with 16 GB of RAM and both have SSD:s.

:)

snickie, Oct 21, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Got the 20H2 update today. This was fast! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Installing 20H2 update

Are there any disadvantages about installing Windows 10 20H2 update from Beta Channel

SyedNoor Ali, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Got the 20H2 update today. This was fast!

Windows 10 20H2 update

when will windows 20H2 update will released?

Blank Resistence 85, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Got the 20H2 update today. This was fast!

1. Got the 20H2 update today. This was fast! - Similar Threads - Got 20H2 update

2. i got a lot of BSOD today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got a lot of BSOD today: please help me, i got some BSODhere my minidump https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvfXOe5mmDs3ghYl4OqOAU48lYF8https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvfXOe5mmDs3ghd-NPepmr6OXP9Ki've ran memtest86 and the result my ram pass all the test...
  3. Where is the Fast Startup option in Windows 20H2 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is the Fast Startup option in Windows 20H2 update?: It is completely missing submitted by /u/tonyromero [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9wf9w/where_is_the_fast_startup_option_in_windows_20h2/
  4. Got the 20H2 update today. This was fast!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Got the 20H2 update today. This was fast!: As usual I searched for Windows updates to my computer today which I do every morning. The download AND initial install took under 10 seconds! After reboot the final installation took about 30 seconds. This is the fastest update to a new version ever! As present everything...
  5. Got some w10 updates today, What happened?

in Browsers and Email
    Got some w10 updates today, What happened?: Hi, W10 laptop was running fine, then I had to accept updates. Then: 1] Tor Browser worked for weeks, w/no problems. See uploaded image below. 2] Tor had to be removed manually, Revo nor W10 uninstall could not find it. 3] Downloaded Tor, would not install. Got same msg...
  6. Microsoft: Windows 10 20H2 update process will be “Remarkably Fast”

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: Windows 10 20H2 update process will be “Remarkably Fast”: After receiving no small amount of backlash in 2018, Microsoft has been more careful and more public about its feature updates for Windows 10, something that fortunately continues to be followed for the next update called ’20H2′. Since Windows 10 first launched in 2015,...
  7. Notepad got uninstalled after Windows 20H2 update

Notepad got uninstalled after Windows 20H2 update: I request your help: my Microsoft Notepad got uninstalled (don't know how) after the Windows 20H2 update today. I am in the Slow Ring of the Windows Insider Program (WIP), and installed the 20H2 update that came today. I tried to open a text file later, it asked me to select...
  8. just logged in today and got greeted by this..

just logged in today and got greeted by this..: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EspHack [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/cvol33/just_logged_in_today_and_got_greeted_by_this/
  9. i downloaded dell update today and got arunddl on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i downloaded dell update today and got arunddl on startup: updated today and got a runddl message today https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-dell-update-today-and-got-arunddl-on/66fb5c24-02d7-4a7f-866d-1b0dae04ece1
  10. Got this error today Event 4401

in Windows 10 Support
    Got this error today Event 4401: 7.488: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code: 0x80070005. What is this? Should I be worried? 77641

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 20h2 working on updates