Windows 10: Got this after login. Happened after black screen during boot and had to forcefully cut...

Discus and support Got this after login. Happened after black screen during boot and had to forcefully cut... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vendetta_47 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vendetta_47, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Got this after login. Happened after black screen during boot and had to forcefully cut...

/u/Vendetta_47, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Black screen at login

Hello! recently i turned on my computer, and for some reason it asked me to change my pin, so after doing so i tried to login, but now at the login screen whenever i click any button, doesnt matter which one, the screen will go black for two minutes before
    bringing me back to the login screen, as if nothing ever happened. how do i get rid of the black screen so i can login?

i am running the latest version of windows ten on an hp laptop, dual core 64 bit 2.7ghz inel processor, 4gb of ram, and i think it has an intel graphics card. any advice would help! thanks!

before you suggest it, i have tried booting in safe mode, it doesnt work since all of the buttons trigger the black screen, and thus the buttons required to enable safe mode do not work

TheMartian_273, Oct 29, 2019
  4. 56Kruiser Win User

Got this after login. Happened after black screen during boot and had to forcefully cut...

Black screen after login AND does not show up on network; Can still re

I've been having problems where when I boot my desktop PC I have the following happening:

• The PC was up, I was logged in, and all seemed fine.
    • It would not show up on the network to other computers
    • I could still get to the internet
    • I shut down
    • Boot up OK
    • Picture fine, and can bring up login screen
    • Login
    • Goes to black screen with cursor
    • I can Ctrl-alt-del and get the list of options
    • I can select task manger
    • It returns to black screen
    • Still cannot be seen on network
    • I CAN remote to it from another PC< but it presents a black screen also

I have fixed this by performing a restore point, but after a few days I 'm back to the same problem. I'm thinking it has to do with a recent patch being applied.

I've done a search on black screen, but there are so many...I haven't run across one that is similar. Most I'm finding are old...and it seems to me this is a recent update problem.

Any ideas?

[Update]
    The Task Manager does come up if wait long enough. Shows no apps running. Long list of processes running. I tried this:

• Press Windows CMD key
    • Typed in Device Manager (Hoping to go in and see if anything has !, or check video drivers
    Nothing happens

56Kruiser, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Got this after login. Happened after black screen during boot and had to forcefully cut...

1. Got this after login. Happened after black screen during boot and had to forcefully cut... - Similar Threads - Got login Happened

2. Black Screen After Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen After Login: Ok So When I Turn On My Computer I See A Completely Black Screen Except For Microsoft Edge Open On A New Tab I've Also Tried The Following:Opening The Advanced Startup Screen ~10 Times [It Just Appears As A Black Screen]Opening Control Panel [Doesn't Open]Alt-F4 [Doesn't...
  3. Black screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after login: Since the last Windows update, installed this afternoon, I cannot use my laptop because when I connect, the screen is completely black and I cannot access anything, not even the control panel. How should I proceed in this case, I don't want to lose my files, any help is...
  4. Black screen after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after login: Since the last Windows update, installed this afternoon, I cannot use my laptop because when I connect, the screen is completely black and I cannot access anything, not even the control panel. How should I proceed in this case, I don't want to lose my files, any help is...
  5. Black Screen After Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen After Login: Every time I log on to my laptop I get stuck on a black screen with the cursor. I can get task manager up by using ctrl + alt + delete. I don't seem to have the problem when in safe mode. I have tried restarting windows explorer and running it from task manager but neither...
  6. Black Screen After Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen After Login: i’m sure everyone’s heard this story about 10 times over, but every time i’ve logged in today it logs in to a black screen with a moveable cursor i’ve tried - fn+f8 (didn’t work) - windows key+ctrl+shift (didn’t work) - ctrl+alt+delete (worked but won’t open task manager) -...
  7. Black screen after forced shutdown during windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after forced shutdown during windows 10 update: Hello, Hope all is well. I have a Black Screen on my ASUS laptop after forced shutdown during windows 10 update. Please advise. Thank you. J....
  8. Forced update then black screen after

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced update then black screen after: Hi everyone. I need help on my tablet. I was using it normally the other day when a a sudden pop up told me that i need to restart my computer, i declined and continued my work. After several minutes without any notification at all, my computer just restarted on its own and...
  9. Forcing Login Screen after boot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forcing Login Screen after boot: I just installed Windows 10 yesterday from Windows 8.1, and I honestly hate it this far. Whenever I (re-)boot the pc, Windows automatically logs me in to my desktop. A friend of mine has Win10 too, doesn't use a password for his account but does get the normal login...
  10. Computer booting to black screen after login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer booting to black screen after login.: Hi, My computer recently seems to be having some issue where after I logged in, sometimes it will boot to a black screen with only a cursor. I can't seem to open task manager through ctrl+alt+delete as it doesn't respond. The only way that I can boot back into the desktop...