Windows 10: Got this error today Event 4401

Discus and support Got this error today Event 4401 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 7.488: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code: 0x80070005. What is this? Should I be worried? 77641 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Redbatman Win User

Got this error today Event 4401

7.488: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code: 0x80070005.

What is this? Should I be worried?

:)

Redbatman, Feb 18, 2017

2. Windows 10 crashes when trying to run Android emulators

They were solution for the found error (Event ID 4401) but not caused by or related to Android emulators so I skipped them. You may try to use this thread for your case, don't you?

Shinigamae, Feb 18, 2017
  3. 陳sc Win User
    The size of Winow 10 touch keyboard is too small for me to use

Got this error today Event 4401 [​IMG]

make: ASUS model: S551LB

It came with Window 8 originally, but I got a free Window 10 from internet later.

陳sc, Feb 18, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

It doesn't matter - only an authority issue.

You can fix it like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-7347bc6e862c but I wouldn't bother personally. The event viewer is full of all sorts of odd messages and is only worth look at if something isn't working.

5. Lambert58 Win User
    I have the same issue and it has been going on for over a monthh. I found a fix, but only for the surface pro, here it is, I hope someone can clear this up for those w/o Surface pro Type Cover: (I know, hard to beleive)

I also had this event log, which lead me to the fix for the surface pro, but not my desk top, after chasing various VSS and Volsnap type fixes:

Volume Shadow Copy Service Warning: The Volume Shadow Copy Service is shutting down and is erxperiencing delay while waiting for in-progress calls to complete.

Application VSS Event ID: 24 Warning.

Here is the link I found: https:// social.technet.microsoft.com/ Forums/en-US/b34765b9-11cb-4b4d-84cc-41663073627c/ bitlocker-management-slow-or-unresponsive?forum=win10itprosecurity

(I added two blank spaces after each / above because it changed to the hyperlink below, which may take you to the fix, but that was not my intent. I did R click that and open in new tab and it brought me to the same link.)

BitLocker management slow or unresponsive

Lambert58, Apr 20, 2017
  6. Lambert58 Win User
    Sorry, what happens to me is when it hangs, it slams my computer usage up to %70 at times, but maintains a steady %30, with task manager showing its a VSS issue, it's crazy.
    I'll wait and see if anyone else has this and try the fix suggested in the initial responsee, THANX for that as well Ix07, going to give it a whirl now. But that power drain is a bit more than a bother on my end. I found this while I was prepping to do a clean reinstall as well, so i have waited to do that, if I can avoid it, i would rather.

Lambert58, Apr 20, 2017
  7. Lambert58 Win User
    I found it interesting in the link provided by Ix07, one referenced back to tenfourms. More interesting is that my issues are nothing like the issues in that thread it seems, redbatman, did you experience any issues, or just find the error in your logs? the power drain is not a minor issue, so, i guess the generic access denied is only a part of my issue as mine seems certain to be tied to VSS, Volstamp, or possibly Bitlocker, which I dont intentionally use and dont see any files encrypted as such.

Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're tryin' to be so quiet?

Lambert58, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Got this error today Event 4401 - Similar Threads - Got error today

2. Got "dpc_watchdog_violation" error while opening my PC today...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got "dpc_watchdog_violation" error while opening my PC today...: I've been getting blue screen, I think 2-3 times a month, but I am always unsuccessful with taking a picture of the error or even getting the error code to see what's the reason behind the blue screen. Take note I haven't done anything to fix this. I am a total noob....
  3. Got "dpc_watchdog_violation" error while opening my PC today...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got "dpc_watchdog_violation" error while opening my PC today...: I've been getting blue screen, I think 2-3 times a month, but I am always unsuccessful with taking a picture of the error or even getting the error code to see what's the reason behind the blue screen. Take note I haven't done anything to fix this. I am a total noob....
  4. Got this error in windows 11 on event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got this error in windows 11 on event viewer: This error : Faulting application name: faceitclient.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0x00000000Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000Faulting process id: 0x0x3FD8Faulting application...
  5. Got this error in windows 11 on event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got this error in windows 11 on event viewer: This error : Faulting application name: faceitclient.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0x00000000Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000Faulting process id: 0x0x3FD8Faulting application...
  6. i got a lot of BSOD today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got a lot of BSOD today: please help me, i got some BSODhere my minidump https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvfXOe5mmDs3ghYl4OqOAU48lYF8https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvfXOe5mmDs3ghd-NPepmr6OXP9Ki've ran memtest86 and the result my ram pass all the test...
  7. Got the 20H2 update today. This was fast!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Got the 20H2 update today. This was fast!: As usual I searched for Windows updates to my computer today which I do every morning. The download AND initial install took under 10 seconds! After reboot the final installation took about 30 seconds. This is the fastest update to a new version ever! As present everything...
  8. got an error in event viewer, source: ESENT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    got an error in event viewer, source: ESENT: svchost 4276,R,98 TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 0xfffffc01 occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log....
  9. just logged in today and got greeted by this..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    just logged in today and got greeted by this..: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EspHack [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/cvol33/just_logged_in_today_and_got_greeted_by_this/
  10. Event 4401 EFS Service failed to provision a user for EDP. 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Support
    Event 4401 EFS Service failed to provision a user for EDP. 0x80070005: Hi; i have been having this issue in my event viewer, i think it started when i downloaded and installed Halo Forge. i have searched the forum for a solution but didn't find a working fix. does anyone know to resolve this issue. i don't have any other errors in my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PCI Express Endpoint error