Windows 10: got windows 10 have samsung printer but cannot scan

Discus and support got windows 10 have samsung printer but cannot scan in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; got windows 10 have samsung printer but cannot scan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ALANMC GOWAN, Feb 12, 2020.

1. got windows 10 have samsung printer but cannot scan

got windows 10 have samsung printer but cannot scan

:)

ALANMC GOWAN, Feb 12, 2020

2. Error: "Scan application supported by EPM is not installed" on Windows 10 after the update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the Samsung Easy Print Manager on your computer. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the model number of your printer?
    • Which was the latest update installed on your computer?
    • Is the printer software is compatible on Windows 10?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers/ incompatible printer software on Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below post replied by Charity (Samsung) try the troubleshooting steps
    provided and check if it helps.

Samsung MFP printers and Scan-to-PC

Hope it helps. Try the suggestions and reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Printer won't scan after downloading win 10

Hi Julia,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer and printer?

Follow the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Do let us know if you are able to scan. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 12, 2020
  4. slim142 Win User

Can't "Scan To" from printer. Please help!

The scenenario is the following:

We have multiple subnets in our network. One of them is the security one which is 10.224.2.xxx

Computer A is connected directly into it. Ethernet cable comes out of the wall and goes into her Intel NIC.

Computer B is also connected directly into it. However, ethernet cable comes out of the wall, goes into a dock and then through the USB cable, gets internet.

Computer C is connected to our wireless security network which is 10.224.4.xxx
    This computer is allowed on the firewall to talk to 10.224.2.xxx

All three computer have Webroot SecureAnywhere installed. The printer is an EPSON Workforce WF-4640. IP is 10.224.2.122 / 255.255.254.0 / 10.224.2.1 gateway / no iPV6 / 192.168.50.18 & .19 are DNS's. Printer has static IP.

I proceeded to install the drivers on all three computers. Here is where the problem comes.

Computer A installs just fine. Finds the printer on the subnet and completes installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer. I can also scan FROM the printer. When I go to "Document Capture Pro", I can see scan to: COMPUTER A on the list.

Computer B also installs just fine. Finds the printer and completes the installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer, but I cannot scan FROM the printer. It just wont list COMPUTER B at all!. I tried plugging the ethernet cable directly into the laptop, but still, the printer will not show computer B in the scan to list.

Computer C the same story, but worse. I cannot finish the installation properly because it will not find the printer. It is obviously on a different subnet, but it will not let me type in the address so I just cancel the printer finder part. I manually go to control panel and adjust the IP parameters. Same thing, I can print and scan from the computer but cannot scan FROM the printer. It will not list Computer C in the list.

I have tripled checked the EPSON Scan software on each PC. Each has the IP parameters set properly. I have spent days installing and reinstalling drivers, but no luck. Printer has updated firmware. I tried disabling Windows firewall, nothing.
    At first I wanted to think it was Webroot, since there is a review on Amazon from a guy that had the same problem, but using Norton. However, how come Computer A works just fine?
    When I though it was the dock, I quickly found out it was not as explained in Computer B when I plugged it directly.

At this point, Im running out of ideas. Im not even sure where else to go.

slim142, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. got windows 10 have samsung printer but cannot scan - Similar Threads - got samsung printer

2. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  4. Cannot download Canon Printer MF3010 scanning driver into Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot download Canon Printer MF3010 scanning driver into Windows 10.: Dell XPS2720 with Windows 10 cannot download Canon printer scanning driver, get error message "incompatible program". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-canon-printer-mf3010-scanning/d9311cc4-4ef0-438d-a0ea-7233ef5a1c73
  5. Windows 10 and Samsung printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and Samsung printer: Is windows 10 compatible with a Samsung Xpress M2020 printer? I can't seem to be able to print now that I have windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-samsung-printer/883431f9-2a86-433d-8d7a-c39b40e54e00
  6. Samsung Wireless Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Wireless Printer: I am trying to install a Samsung Wireless Printer onto my computer but it will lot allow the CD that comes with the printer to load, I get the same error message that it has been blocked by the administrator. I am the administrator and this is a personal PC. Any...
  7. Cannot Scan on Samsung C460 FW, multi-function printer, on Window 10 Home

Cannot Scan on Samsung C460 FW, multi-function printer, on Window 10 Home: Hi I have a Samsung Multi function printer CF460 FW connected via USB cable to a new laptop running on Window 10 Home. The printer can print, but it cannot scan. HP who is providing maintenance service for Samsung, has helped to download the software, but it still cannot...
  8. Scan issues-Samsung Multi Function printer M288x Series

Scan issues-Samsung Multi Function printer M288x Series: Please help! My scanner was working perfectly, but when I tried scanning again, it showed this error: "I/O error while communicating with the device. Please wait and try scanning again." I did this and turned off both my printer and computer and restarted, but I still get...
  9. Windows 10 can't install Samsung SCX-4100 Series Multifunction Printer softwar to scan.

Windows 10 can't install Samsung SCX-4100 Series Multifunction Printer softwar to scan.: I have a Samsung SCX-4100 Series Multifunction Printer, once I cable connected it to my Windows 10 computer, it can print. But windows 10 can't install Samsung SCX-4100 Series software. My questions are 1. How I can install this old Software to my Windows 10 Computer? 2....
  10. samsung m2020w printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    samsung m2020w printer: how to get my printer to stay online, goes offline & cannot get it to print wireless https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/samsung-m2020w-printer/a8807c99-7526-447a-abc0-a7862278bfd7