Windows 10: Got windows 7 pro and SP 1. Still no update popup?

Discus and support Got windows 7 pro and SP 1. Still no update popup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey there, A long time ago I got a windows key through my workplace which I used on my home computer.. I know it's a valid key as I ran the genuine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andriante, Aug 6, 2015.

1. andriante Win User

Got windows 7 pro and SP 1. Still no update popup?

Hey there,

A long time ago I got a windows key through my workplace which I used on my home computer.. I know it's a valid key as I ran the genuine software test.

I also have Service pack one and it says that I have windows 7 professional -- so I know it's not enterprise.

But still I don't have any update popups.. and when I tried to run the manual installer I just got a "something happened 0x80070002 - 0x20016" and the program shuts down.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong?

:)

andriante, Aug 6, 2015

2. Cannot upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to windows 10 Pro

model is g2t1300

prod is A1K03AV

Factory build OS was Windows 7 Home upgraded to Windows 7 Pro SP 1

Ray and KathyHarrison, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - failed

I'm running Windows 7 SP 1, Upgrade to Windows Pro update failed. How do I try running it again? I've tried checking for updates, but it's not coming up again.

Thanks!

KerstinLindstrom, Aug 6, 2015
  4. andriante Win User

I just read this below:

If you don’t see the Get Windows 10 app (the small Windows icon in your system tray), it might be because:

• Your device isn’t up-to-date with at least Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update
    • Windows Update is turned off or is not set to received updates automatically
    • You’ve blocked or uninstalled the necessary Windows Update functionality.
    • Your device is not running genuine Windows
    • Your device is running Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, or Windows RT/RT 8.1, which are excluded from this reservation offer.
    • Your device is managed as part of a school or business network. (Check with your IT administrator.)

Number 6 is definitely possible since the company I worked for was a part of a university. So it might have been a school key of some sort. Does that mean there is no way for me to update with this key?

andriante, Aug 6, 2015
  5. iBawbag Win User
    It should still install.
    Try uninstalling any AV or security software. Do a sfc /scannow (admin) and try setting locale.

iBawbag, Aug 6, 2015
  6. andriante Win User
    Thanks, don't have any AV or security running. SFC scan is 100% verified

andriante, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Got windows 7 pro and SP 1. Still no update popup? - Similar Threads - Got pro Still

2. windows 11 requirement not met still got an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 requirement not met still got an update: I enabled windows insider on my windows laptop that currently don't meet requirements of windows11 after i checked for updates i started downloading windows 11 update so should I let it download ?...
  3. windows 11 requirement not met still got an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 11 requirement not met still got an update: I enabled windows insider on my windows laptop that currently don't meet requirements of windows11 after i checked for updates i started downloading windows 11 update so should I let it download ?...
  4. my surface pro 7 got stuck

my surface pro 7 got stuck: i stuck at the page of windows 10 on volume 3, the reason i encounter this question is because i got hacked, and i was told to reset my pc. during the resetting session, the pc stops at 81 percent, it doesn't move. so i decided to turn it off, after that i turn it on and it...
  5. Windows still auto updating when NoAutoUpdate = 1

Windows still auto updating when NoAutoUpdate = 1: We have a number of Windows 10 embedded devices running various editions of Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise LTSB. These PCs run Point of Sale applications therefor cannot be running Windows Updates during business open hours. In previous editions of Windows we updated it...
  6. still got windows update problem

still got windows update problem: hi every time i try to update to kb446702 it keeps saying "we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes" every time i restart the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/still-got-windows-update-problem/d3ca4867-bab8-4867-a931-50bd0616f372
  7. KB3125574 or the SP 2 for Windows 7 where is the KB article?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB3125574 or the SP 2 for Windows 7 where is the KB article?: Hello, Windows 7 SP1 clean install I want to install KB3125574, the 'Convenience rollup update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1' Where is the KB article to follow the prerequisites? Can I have more instructions about installing the KB3125574 on Windows 7...
  8. how to stop windows XP pro SP 3 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to stop windows XP pro SP 3 updates: I keep getting SP3 updates for nmy win 10 probably because I use the office XP for my word and excel.. how to turn off these updates? . .there was a page a while back I found that gave you a tool to install which enabled you to go in a turn off these updates but can't find...
  9. Win 10 pro still got networking problems ??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 pro still got networking problems ??: First of all an apology if I have missed anything after looking at a huge number of websites/forums over the past 4 days but I have come to the end of my tether on this much written about problem. This relates to win 10 pro 1511 10586 420 and happened after updates...
  10. I still need Windows 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    I still need Windows 7 Pro: I have done the free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I find I still need Windows 7 to use some of my older programs. Is it possible to partition my hard drive and reinstall Windows 7 on it, thus making it a dual boot system? I do have a second hard drive installed that...