Windows 10: GoToMeeting couldn't access my Microphone

Discus and support GoToMeeting couldn't access my Microphone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just had a video conference and demo using GoToMeeting for the first time. I went to Allow Apps to use Microphone and Allow Desktop Apps to access... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MDeBellis, Jan 30, 2020.

1. MDeBellis Win User

GoToMeeting couldn't access my Microphone

I just had a video conference and demo using GoToMeeting for the first time. I went to Allow Apps to use Microphone and Allow Desktop Apps to access Microphone were both set to On. I enabled the mic in GoToMeeting but still no one could hear me. I could see and hear the demo but no one could hear me. I'm using Windows 10 Home version 1903. I've loaded all updates.

:)

MDeBellis, Jan 30, 2020

2. "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

GoToMeeting couldn't access my Microphone [​IMG]

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

GoToMeeting couldn't access my Microphone [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

1. GoToMeeting couldn't access my Microphone - Similar Threads - GoToMeeting couldn't access

2. Couldn't access windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't access windows: Dear all master, when I switch on PC, shown error "inaccessible boot device" how to solve it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-access-windows/e1b2a126-3e2c-49d8-9491-d77081a039f8
  3. Couldn't access windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn't access windows: Dear all master, when I switch on PC, shown error "inaccessible boot device" how to solve it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-access-windows/e1b2a126-3e2c-49d8-9491-d77081a039f8
  4. Couldn't access windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What is accessing my microphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is accessing my microphone?: In short, I suspect my microphone may be sending information where I don't want it to. Is this corrupted entry where just the wrong name is coming up or is it more sinister? I notice recently when using Facebook messenger something I only rarely use, that the system tray said...
  6. What is accessing my microphone?

What is accessing my microphone?: In short, I suspect my microphone may be sending information where I don't want it to. Is this corrupted entry where just the wrong name is coming up or is it more sinister? I notice recently when using Facebook messenger something I only rarely use, that the system tray said...
  7. "We couldn't access this account"

"We couldn't access this account": I've gotten repeated messages that I can't log into my AOL account in the mail app. It says that it's 'out of date'. The password is correct I tried logging in with the same one in a browser and it worked, I don't have two-step authorization enabled, and I've tried deleting...
  8. Microphone works but headphones don't in Skype/Zoom/Gotomeeting or any conference

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone works but headphones don't in Skype/Zoom/Gotomeeting or any conference: Please help with this problem because I don't know what to do anymore. My settings are bellow in the pictures. Headphones work perfectly when I listen to music or when I test them in the Control Panel. The problem is that in video calls I cannot listen with them, so...
  9. Microphone access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone access: So, i do NOT want microsoft to legally get access to my microphone however i still want to use it in apps. If i disable the microphone in privacy settings it just doesnt work in any app whatsoever so im basically forced to "allow access to the microphone on this device" if i...
  10. Accessing the microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accessing the microphone: I know there is a list of apps that can access the microphone. However there are two programs that I WANT to be able to access the mic, but they are not on the list and I cannot find a way to add them. They both access the camera fine, but do not access the mic. I can only...