Windows 10: Government shutdown: TLS certificates not renewed, many websites down

Discus and support Government shutdown: TLS certificates not renewed, many websites down in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Government shutdown: TLS certificates not renewed, many websites are down. More than 80 TLS certificates used by US government websites have expired... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Government shutdown: TLS certificates not renewed, many websites down

Government shutdown: TLS certificates not renewed, many websites are down.

Government shutdown: TLS certificates not renewed, many websites are down | ZDNet

:)

Borg 386, Jan 11, 2019
  2. elnaor Win User

How to install EAP-TLS certificate?

Hi all... again!

I managed to import the certificate to the phone.

But it puts the certificate in the "Trusted Site Certificates"... I need to put it in the "Personal Certificates" so I can use it for the WLAN EAP-TLS configuration...

Any suggestions?

elnaor, Jan 11, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Government shutdown: TLS certificates not renewed, many websites down

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this error persist while browsing other websites too?
    • Does this error persist while using other browser?

Kindly follow the below given steps and check if the issue persist:

• In Windows Internet Explorer, click Continue to this website (not recommended).

A red Address Bar and a certificate warning appear.
    • Click the Certificate Error button to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificate.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Government shutdown: TLS certificates not renewed, many websites down

1. Government shutdown: TLS certificates not renewed, many websites down - Similar Threads - Government shutdown TLS

2. NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID after automatic SSL Certificate renewal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID after automatic SSL Certificate renewal: I have website built with ASP.NET MVC and hosted on Azure. I purchased SSL apperently a year ago. Things were working fine until today.I guess this morning the SSL Certificate has been automatically renewed. Since then all browser don't let users enter to my website saying...
  3. NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID after automatic SSL Certificate renewal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID after automatic SSL Certificate renewal: I have website built with ASP.NET MVC and hosted on Azure. I purchased SSL apperently a year ago. Things were working fine until this morning. I guess this morning the SSL Certificate has been automatically renewed. Since then all browser don't let users enter to my website...
  4. NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID after automatic SSL Certificate renewal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID after automatic SSL Certificate renewal: I have website built with ASP.NET MVC and hosted on Azure. I purchased SSL apperently a year ago. Things were working fine until this morning. I guess this morning the SSL Certificate has been automatically renewed. Since then all browser don't let users enter to my website...
  5. Renew SSL certificates on Win10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renew SSL certificates on Win10?: Hay, every now and then I get the hint while surfing that the https certificate is invalid. I have also checked and found that certain certificates have expired. How can I have them renewed? Have read where since Win10 2004 something has changed. Auf Win10 SSL-...
  6. Website is down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Website is down: My website is down. How can I update my DNS numbers with Microsoft? My host says they recently merged with another host and the numbers changed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-is-down/a6f941b4-b2ca-41bf-a4e7-76d5ef894a42
  7. Microsoft and DigiCert to begin deprecating Symantec TLS certificates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft and DigiCert to begin deprecating Symantec TLS certificates: Starting in September 2018, Microsoft began deprecating the SSL/TLS capability of Symantec root certificates due to compliance issues. Google, Mozilla, and Apple have also announced deprecation plans related to Symantec SSL/TLS certificates. Symantec cryptographic...
  8. There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

in Browsers and Email
    There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.: Hey Guys, Long time since I have been here, hope you are all well. :-) When I try to log onto my Plesk control panel I am presented with the "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate." which I have always had but there used to be a link that said "I...
  9. "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate"

in Browsers and Email
    "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate": Hi, I get this: [img] when I try to go to any https address in IE or Firefox. However, Pale Moon (which I normally use) works. That means I don't know when the problem started. I've tried deleting cert8.db in my Firefox profile, and resetting IE and clearing...
  10. Certificate Reputation for website owners

in Windows 10 News
    Certificate Reputation for website owners: Last year, we introduced a new mechanism that Microsoft is building to better protect you against fraudulent certificates on the Web. In this blog post, we are going to explain how we will enable the broader community of site owners to participate in detecting fraudulent...