Windows 10: GPD’s latest Windows 10 ultrabook comes with 8.9-inch display

Discus and support GPD’s latest Windows 10 ultrabook comes with 8.9-inch display in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Shenzhen-based GPD has announced a new ultrabook that runs Windows 10 and comes with upgraded hardware. GPD P2 Max is being touted as “the world’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 17, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

GPD’s latest Windows 10 ultrabook comes with 8.9-inch display

Shenzhen-based GPD has announced a new ultrabook that runs Windows 10 and comes with upgraded hardware. GPD P2 Max is being touted as “the world’s smallest Ultrabook with an 8.9-inch screen” and the company is comparing it with some of the popular devices, including MacBook.

The manufacturer is planning to begin its crowdfunding campaign at the end of June and GPD has already shared all the technical specifications of GPD P2 Max.

The P2 Max size is the same as the iPad Mini 4 and the ultrabook weighs just 650g. On paper, the new device from GPD sounds fast and the upcoming performance report may interest potential buyers.

The display of the device is also better than the previous generation. As per GPD, the ultrabook comes with a 2.5k fully fitted retina-level screen and IPS technology with 178 degrees of wide viewing angle. Like every GPD product, the ultrabook comes with the standard QWERTY keyboard layout in chocolate island style.

GPD’s latest Windows 10 ultrabook comes with 8.9-inch display GPD-P2-Max-front.jpg

It has a movable cursor, a scroll area, mouse’s left-hand and right-hand button functions are also supported.

GPD is also planning to offer the device in multiple versions, including a variant with 16GB of RAM and 1TB of SSD storage

GPD P2 max specification

• Display: 8.9-inches with support for 10-point touch control.
    • WQXGA display has a resolution of 2560×1600 and PPI of 340.
    • GPD calls it retina-level screen.
    • CPU: Intel’s 8th-generation m3-8100Y.
    • Input: Touch, keyboard and stylus are also supported.
    • RAM: Comes in 8GB and 16GB RAM variants.
    • Storage: 256GB or 1TB M.2 SSD.
    • Internet: 10 seconds to download a 1GB media content.
    • Supports HD video calls in the 1600×1200 window.
    • Battery: 1080P video can be played for 8 hours.
    GPD P2 price

• Intel 8100Y + 16GB RAM + 1TB SSD varant price hasn’t been revealed yet.
    • Intel 8100Y + 16GB RAM + 512GB SSD campaign price is $705.
    • Intel 3965Y + 8GB RAM + 256GB SSD campaign price is $529.

The Indiegogo page states that the campaign is not live yet, but the device should be available for backing by end of June.

The post GPD’s latest Windows 10 ultrabook comes with 8.9-inch display appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 17, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Samsung Readies a Fleet of Windows 8 Ultrabooks and All-in-One PCs

Samsung is working on a fleet of devices that take advantage of Microsoft's new Windows 8 operating system. These include touch-capable Ultrabooks, tablet hybrids, and all-in-one desktops. Samsung's Windows 8 Ultrabook lineup begins with Series 5 Ultra Touch. Starting at $809.99, these 13-inch Ultrabooks are powered by Core i3 "Ivy Bridge" dual-core processors (upgradable to Core i5 for $50 extra), 4 GB of RAM, 1366 x 768 pixels touchscreen display, and 500 GB HDD accelerated with 24 GB cache-SSD. It tips the scales at 1.73 kg. Samsung's second Ultrabook in the new lineup is the premium Series 9 Ultra Touch, starting at $1,300 for 13-inch and $1,400 for 15-inch.

Moving on, Samsung has two lines of Windows 8-loaded notebooks, starting with Series 3, which is available in a variety of hardware and screen size options, priced in the range of $450 to $900; and Series 7 15-inch notebook, which starts at $1,100. Samsung's new all-in-one lineup begins with Ativ SmartPC 500T and 700T, powered by Intel Atom Z2760 and Core i5, respectively, with memory ranging between 2 GB to 4 GB, featuring 64 GB to 128 GB SSD storage. The 500T starts at $649.99, while the 700T starts at 1,199.99. Samsung's mid-range all-in-one offering is the Series 5, which starts at $800, featuring a 21.5-inch HD screen. Its premium all-in-one PC offering is the Series 7, which starts at $1,100 for 23.6-inch and $1,700 for 27-inch variants. These devices will be launched closer to that of Windows 8, slated for October 26.

GPD’s latest Windows 10 ultrabook comes with 8.9-inch display 116a_thm.jpg

Source: Slashgear

btarunr, Jun 17, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Samsung Announces 15-inch Series 9 Ultrabook in the UK

Samsung UK has jumped the gun with Ivy Bridge-powered Ultrabooks, and posted the product page of its 15-inch Series 9 Ultrabook. Intel's Core "Ivy Bridge" processors for Ultrabooks won't be official till June. Pictured below is the Series 9 NP900X4C, with a 15-inch screen, that has 1600x900 pixels resolution, and a sleek wedge-shaped design. Under the hood is an Intel Core i5-3317U dual-core processor clocked at 1.70 GHz, with 2.60 GHz Turbo Boost speed, and Intel HD 4000 graphics; Intel HM75 Express chipset, 8 GB of dual-channel DDR3-1600 MHz memory, and a 128 GB SSD.

Connectivity/features include 802.11 b/g/n with WiDi support, Bluetooth 4.0, one USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0 ports, micro-HDMI display output, SD/MMC card-reader, and 1.3 megapixel webcam. The keyboad has backlit illumination, and the tracking device is a large multi-touch clickpad. The Series 9 body is made of an all-aluminum chassis, which could make it light, improve heat dissipation, but also step up its costs. Expect the Series 9 NP900X4C to start selling in June.

GPD’s latest Windows 10 ultrabook comes with 8.9-inch display 30a_thm.jpg

GPD’s latest Windows 10 ultrabook comes with 8.9-inch display 30b_thm.jpg

GPD’s latest Windows 10 ultrabook comes with 8.9-inch display 30c_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

1. GPD’s latest Windows 10 ultrabook comes with 8.9-inch display - Similar Threads - GPD’s latest ultrabook

2. Volume too low on my Samsung Series 9 Ultrabook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume too low on my Samsung Series 9 Ultrabook: Sometimes it's OK if a vid has extra volume, but most of the time it is almost too low to hear. I have done the GodMode settings and nada. if anyone knows an "insider" trick, I'm all ears! :) Ver. 20H2 Bruce Hinton 179279
  3. How to stimulate a 12-inch display on a 15-inch display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stimulate a 12-inch display on a 15-inch display: Greetings, so I'm planning to buy a new device that will probably have a lower screen size than my current laptop, and I want to see if that's going to fit my everyday use, how can I make my screen display work as a 13-inch display and turn off the rest? submitted by...
  4. Initial Display takes 8-9 mins, then everything works fine!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Initial Display takes 8-9 mins, then everything works fine!!: I am having 8-9 minutes to wait before the Desktop appears after the start. Once it is there, everything works perfectly fine. I have undone the last update but nothing changed. Then Windows did the fresh update and nothing changed. I tried disabling App.rediness as well as...
  5. Windows update 8/9/19

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 8/9/19: I had the Windows update yesterday.It said it would take a while and it did..over an hour. When my laptop restarted everything was gone. It was like I had a new laptop Googled how to revert back to the previous version..thankfully it worked Any idea how to do this update...
  6. The Topjoy Falcon is a 2-in-1 Windows 10 device with 8-inch display

in Windows 10 News
    The Topjoy Falcon is a 2-in-1 Windows 10 device with 8-inch display: There’s a new tiny computer in the market with 8-inch display. The Topjoy Falcon has just hit crowdfunding and it’s available for $399. Falcon runs Windows 10 and it has an 8-inch size that strikes a balance between performance and portability. The company claims that the...
  7. No updates since 9/8

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No updates since 9/8: Hi all... I'm perplexed. My Win 10 system shows the last update that was applied to it was on 9/8. It is now 9/21 and I find it had to believe that MS has not released any updates since 9/8. If I "check for updates" I am told that my system is up to date. Does anyone know...
  8. Microsoft ups allowable Windows 10 Mobile screen size nearly 9 inches

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft ups allowable Windows 10 Mobile screen size nearly 9 inches: Microsoft quietly changed the specifications for devices running its Windows 10 Mobile operating system by upping the allowable maximum screen size to under nine inches. It's not clear from Microsoft's MSDN page when the company made this change, which I saw in a May 22...
  9. Windows 9 Will Be Free for Windows 8 Users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Will Be Free for Windows 8 Users: Microsoft Indonesia confirms a free license for Windows 9 Windows 9 preview is almost here, as Microsoft will unveil the first public build of the upcoming operating system in just a few days, but we have already heard quite a lot of details about this product thanks to...
  10. Anticipation of 9 compared to 8

in Windows 10 Support
    Anticipation of 9 compared to 8: Wasn't sure if this should go here or in the chill out section, if wrong place please move For those that were around before 8 was released (getting ready for the beta of it) what was the feeling towards it compared to now getting ready for 9 to come out Unfortunately I...