Windows 10: gpedit - "Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts" - Users can't add or log on with Microsoft...

Discus and support gpedit - "Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts" - Users can't add or log on with Microsoft... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have and issue with Office 365 for business users loging into theire own personal ms account.I want to stop users adding thier own personal or any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jazz IT support, Feb 9, 2022.

1. gpedit - "Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts" - Users can't add or log on with Microsoft...

I have and issue with Office 365 for business users loging into theire own personal ms account.I want to stop users adding thier own personal or any other windows account to their machines. They log in with a local Standard user.The Group Policy does not workComputer Configuration> Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Polices > Security Options > "Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts"Makes no difference at all. Widows still has the option to "sign in with a Microsoft account instead" in the user Info page, and at the top of the setting page the user can still sign int

:)

Jazz IT support, Feb 9, 2022
  2. silkstone Win User

Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

I was thinking of doing that, but it will be a PITA setting everything up on the 2nd account again. I might go that way and just spend the time getting the account in order.

The problem is, I would need to switch at the start of every day. Extra reset and waiting for the settings to be applied etc. Also, I'm not sure whether one drive would be maintained after switching back to a local account. I wouldn't want to have to re-sync every time I logged in. I may have to do some testing to see if onedrive is maintained after switching back to a local account.

silkstone, Feb 9, 2022
  3. zsolt_93 Win User
    Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

You could create a secondary account that is Microsoft account and leave the current one as it is. And it should only sync the Microsoft acc. eneabled user and you can still have your old things as they always were, in case you question MS security and what they might collect about you.

zsolt_93, Feb 9, 2022
  4. Zakin Win User

gpedit - "Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts" - Users can't add or log on with Microsoft...

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown gpedit - "Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts" - Users can't add or log on with Microsoft... :(

Zakin, Feb 9, 2022
Thema:

gpedit - "Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts" - Users can't add or log on with Microsoft...

1. gpedit - "Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts" - Users can't add or log on with Microsoft... - Similar Threads - gpedit Accounts Block

2. Can't log into Microsoft Account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into Microsoft Account.: I am unable to log into my Microsoft account on my Samsung Lapop Running Windows 11 & bought new at Christmas. I am able to log into the account via the Chrome app and other Internet apps. When I try login the screen goes white and freezes. It does this every time I try...
  3. Can't log into Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Microsoft Account.: I am unable to log into my Microsoft account on my Samsung Lapop Running Windows 11 & bought new at Christmas. I am able to log into the account via the Chrome app and other Internet apps. When I try login the screen goes white and freezes. It does this every time I try...
  4. Can't log into Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Log Into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Log Into Microsoft Account: Everytime I try to log into my microsoft account, it would come up with "Can't Sign into your account, This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator. Error code: 0x800704ec...
  6. gpedit - "Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts" - Users can't add or log on with Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gpedit - "Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts" - Users can't add or log on with Microsoft...: I have and issue with Office 365 for business users loging into theire own personal ms account.I want to stop users adding thier own personal or any other windows account to their machines. They log in with a local Standard user.The Group Policy does not workComputer...
  7. gpedit - "Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts" - Users can't add or log on with Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Customization
    gpedit - "Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts" - Users can't add or log on with Microsoft...: I have and issue with Office 365 for business users loging into theire own personal ms account.I want to stop users adding thier own personal or any other windows account to their machines. They log in with a local Standard user.The Group Policy does not workComputer...
  8. Can't log into Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't log into Microsoft account: I can't log into a Microsoft account of mine, and I have literally no information on it so I'm unable to try and start account recovery. It's linked to an old iCloud account which I also cannot access anymore... as you can see I'm bad at keeping tabs on accounts. I really...
  9. Can't log in into microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in into microsoft account: So recently i bought a pc,it already has a local account but i needed to activate windows. Then i clicked sign in with Microsoft account,the email and password went well and then they asked for the password one last time i entered it and it was incorrect although it is...
  10. Can't log in to Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log in to Microsoft account: Upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. Everything works great accept that I cannot log in to my Microsoft account. I've tried creating a new user account and it won't do that either. Tried a clean install and still having the same issue. A grey box will appear then disappear and...