Windows 10: gpedit as administrator

Discus and support gpedit as administrator in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I want to run gpedit as administrator. When I type gpedit into search and right click on gpedit I am not offered an option to run as admin. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by greshoff, May 13, 2018.

1. greshoff Win User

gpedit as administrator

Hi,
    I want to run gpedit as administrator. When I type gpedit into search and right click on gpedit I am not offered an option to run as admin. I am the only user and administrator on this PC. Any ideas?
    Thanks

:)

greshoff, May 13, 2018

2. GPEDIT is completely ineffective in Win10 PRO

Hi joeyberger,

Sorry for the delay in response

What specific setting did you change in gpedit?

Do you face the issue only with gpedit?

We suggest you to run this command and check.

• Press Win + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command Prompt(Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • After the SFC scan, Type or copy, paste the command in the command prompt
      DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, May 22, 2018
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, May 22, 2018
Thema:

gpedit as administrator

1. gpedit as administrator - Similar Threads - gpedit administrator

2. I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd: Hi everyone.BackgroundSo i happened to have an issues where suddenly a couple of blue PowerShell windows would pop-up on my screen and disappear before I could even read anything. So I suspected that it might be some sneaky virus. So I tried everything. Scanned my system with...
  3. I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd: Hi everyone.BackgroundSo i happened to have an issues where suddenly a couple of blue PowerShell windows would pop-up on my screen and disappear before I could even read anything. So I suspected that it might be some sneaky virus. So I tried everything. Scanned my system with...
  4. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  5. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  6. Gpedit Google Group Policy Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gpedit Google Group Policy Question: I am just a regular home user and I am a tech novice. I know nothing about the computer. And I am using an regular windows 10 pro. I don't know what domain-joined or MDM-managed computers are. And I do not want to know either. So plz don't tell me anything about them. All I...
  7. GPEDIT does not show Administrative Templates in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    GPEDIT does not show Administrative Templates in Windows 11/10: [IMG]If GPEDIT or Local Group Policy Editor does not show Administrative Templates on Windows 11/10 PC, here is how you can fix the issue. There could be several reasons, including corrupt or missing system files, a bug or glitch, etc. Here, we have gathered some of the...
  8. GPEDIT 'Administrative Templates' Missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    GPEDIT 'Administrative Templates' Missing: I am missing some items in the Local Group Policy editor gpedit.msc &secpol.msc also missing [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-administrative-templates-missing/fe6cb113-d8bb-44be-b7e3-3921bc683d99
  9. Administrative Templates disappeared from gpedit

Administrative Templates disappeared from gpedit: So I added gpedit to my windows 10 home OS Version 1909 with no problems it worked perfectly and I did what I needed to do but recently ever since I updated to version 2004 the Administrative Templates have completely disappeared and if I click on any folder it says "MMC...
  10. gpedit "This app has been blocked ro your protection" An administrator has blocked you...

gpedit "This app has been blocked ro your protection" An administrator has blocked you...: We have a few machines that are currently running a Preview Edition of Windows (various builds that end, it appears, in .1000) Some of them have gpedit blocked as in the Subject line here. We need to remove that block even before we change these machines back to a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run gpedit as admin

2. gpedit run as admin disable

3. open gpedit as admin

4. win10 gpedit no option to run as administrator,
  5. run gpedit as admin in cmd,
  6. gpedit win 10 run as admin,
  7. gpedit run as administrator,
  8. can you run gpedit as administrator