Windows 10: GPEdit.msc can't find and need to fix major problem

Discus and support GPEdit.msc can't find and need to fix major problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I was trying to fix this error "err_connection_timed_out:" and when doing that something went wrong as now some of my apps are blocked saying the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HectorP., May 20, 2020.

1. HectorP. Win User

GPEdit.msc can't find and need to fix major problem

Hi,

I was trying to fix this error "err_connection_timed_out:" and when doing that something went wrong as now some of my apps are blocked saying the administrator has blocked me from using is. so I did some research in trying to fix this and it says to go through GPEdit.msc but I can't find it on my system so I need help any solutions?

Thanks

:)

HectorP., May 20, 2020
  2. BrianTJUK Win User

I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, May 20, 2020
  3. tcebob Win User
    Gpedit problem

I just repair installed win 10 32 1607. Some things were messed up but I've been able to correct most. However I saw a recent post on how to remove Cortana. https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...e-cortana.html. One suggestion was to use gpedit. But when I started gpedit,msc I got the attached message
    The program ran after I dismissed the message twice but did not display the needed choices. I took a shot at editing the referenced file but couldn't save it because it's in Windows directory and is protected. (I am the Administrator). How can I fix gpedit?

GPEdit.msc can't find and need to fix major problem [​IMG]

tcebob, May 20, 2020
  4. GPEdit.msc can't find and need to fix major problem

how do i get gpedit for windows 10

Here are two options:

• Upgrade Windows to at least the professional version.
    • Use the backdoor method described
      here
      . Whether it will survive an Automatic Update I do not know.

Frederik Long, May 20, 2020
Thema:

GPEdit.msc can't find and need to fix major problem

1. GPEdit.msc can't find and need to fix major problem - Similar Threads - GPEdit msc can't

2. Keep getting BSOD's. Need help to find and fix the problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting BSOD's. Need help to find and fix the problem.: I almost daily get BSOD's. Often multiple after each other. After booting a couple times the system runs stable for some time. While reading up on my issue I started to believe it might be a driver issue.I have followed the instructions in thread below to try and find the...
  3. Chkdsk Finding Major Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Chkdsk Finding Major Problems: Hi, I'm doing a chkdsk /b on a secondary HDD drive. The drive is a not-too-old (around 5-7 years) 1TB drive. This one seemed to be having trouble a couple of years ago, as I was trying to reinstall Win7 - although I wasn't certain what was causing me problems at the time....
  4. windows cannot find msc

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows cannot find msc: There is a problem. 0x80002034 or maybe the last digit is a 2 ??? I cannot activate System Restore nor backup my System Windows 10 Pro 64 bit The system worked for almost a year and now it has a malfunction. Please advise...
  5. Need Help Finding/Fixing the problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Help Finding/Fixing the problem.: To start this off, my laptop Acer Aspire ES1-533 Series, Model N16C1, started having an issue a couple months back, where the screen would randomly black out for odd periods of time, with nothing but the cursor showing, and then come back on, all randomly. This makes using it...
  6. Major problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major problem.: Windows can't sign into my account although I have been using it for 3+years. I have tried almost every solution I could find on the internet and restarted my pc several times. It just keeps on logging me into a temporary user profile and repeats that it's unable to sign in...
  7. Can't Access gpedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Access gpedit: First i was getting the error that i can't access the gpedit because i'm not admin. My windows 10 acc is admin so i don't get it why won't windows let me edit gpedit. I browsed the internet for days and didn't find a solution, i then deleted Registry.pol from system32 and now...
  8. Major problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Major problem: amazon says I have been hacked by North Korea they say only micro soft can fix and they want 500 dollars what can I do please help me 112044
  9. Still having problems with MSC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still having problems with MSC: I am still having problems with Microsoft solitaire collection I have asked every source I know It is so strange that I can click on the M.S.C. 5 or 6 times and it goes through the act of starting and then fades away then on the 6TH time it will stay open and I can play as...
  10. Gpedit problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Gpedit problem: I just repair installed win 10 32 1607. Some things were messed up but I've been able to correct most. However I saw a recent post on how to remove Cortana. https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...e-cortana.html. One suggestion was to use gpedit. But when I started gpedit,msc...