Windows 10: Gpedit.msc error (screen shoot attached)

Discus and support Gpedit.msc error (screen shoot attached) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am having problems with gpedit. I made it working and all fine but one day it just opened like that - see attached. I'm wondering what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RaseRy, May 1, 2016.

1. RaseRy Win User

Gpedit.msc error (screen shoot attached)

Hi,

I am having problems with gpedit.
    I made it working and all fine but one day it just opened like that - see attached.

I'm wondering what else can I do than reinstalling windows. I was reinstalling gpedit few times.

Hope that someone had that problem before and found the solution.

All the best,

:)

RaseRy, May 1, 2016
  2. korngear Win User

Need to choose new phone. Wanted: suggestions for stable phones (firmware)

Yeah! I agree with BABDI

partially.

In taking pictures

SE has better

Macro mode,

Autofocus and

Flash [k800i has attachable Xenon flash].

but in shooting videos Nokia is now best as it shoots video in MPEG4 VSP format [except N93 or N93i] most of the nseries shoots vidz in 353*288 screen size.

korngear, May 1, 2016
  3. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later (0x80070422).

I get this error, and There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422).

I tried doing both ways with the register files command, and the gpedit.msc, but I don't have gpedit.msc, and I tried using the trouble shooting to help me but it said there was an error with the administrator, but I tried to fix it but it still won't work,
    WHAT SHOULD I DO next, I tried restarting my computer after I tried to repair it but it won't work still

OT:

Task Manager for Windows 10 on my SamSung Laptop is Disabled

DwayneDalager, May 1, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

See if there is file corruption. System file check will try to do repair if any corruption found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, May 1, 2016
  5. RaseRy Win User
    Im just doing it.
    87%
    Im gonna let you know about the results.

Thanks very much for the trick U r the boss.

RaseRy, May 1, 2016
  6. RaseRy Win User
    It found option 3, unable to fix it.

Im going for : dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth - code now

RaseRy, May 1, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    You might get an error report ........ Source files could not be found.

If so, there is a fix for that.

davidhk, May 1, 2016
  8. RaseRy Win User

Gpedit.msc error (screen shoot attached) [​IMG]
    Thats what we got after all

RaseRy, May 1, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Use the Tech Bench link and download YOUR version of Windows 10, edition, language and bit-version.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there.
    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

davidhk, May 1, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    You might wonder about the Tech Bench link.

The reason I asked you to use the Tech Bench link to download the iso is because ONLY Tech Bench gives you the Install.wim which you will need to run the dism command line posted above.( Post #7)

davidhk, May 1, 2016
  11. RaseRy Win User
    I did all,
    Downloaded ISO
    Mount it - it was on /:F
    Put the code on the command prompt as admin

It finished successful but gpedit.msc still not working.

Maybe there is any other option how can I get to gpedit.msc to the Network folder of QoP folder with bandwidth or something like that?

I feel like my laptop uses 20% internet speed once again.

RaseRy, May 1, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    Registry is not the area I have sufficient experience with.
    I must bow out and let someone with real knowledge of registry editing to help you.
    Sorry.
    Good luck.

davidhk, May 2, 2016
  13. RaseRy Win User

ok, but Thanks anyway.
    I thought its gonna work.
    I ll reinstall windows if Im not gonna find anything

RaseRy, May 2, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Gpedit.msc error (screen shoot attached) - Similar Threads - Gpedit msc error

2. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?: I am getting an error message trying to run mscwindows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized My pc shut down on overheat and trouble shooting needs to run mscHow do I correct?...
  3. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?: I am getting an error message trying to run mscwindows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized My pc shut down on overheat and trouble shooting needs to run mscHow do I correct?...
  4. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Gpedit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit: Would it work if I was to use group policy to disable updates until I see fit then re enable updates when I want to update submitted by /u/Aggravating_Serve665 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwanql/gpedit/
  6. screen shooting

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen shooting: every time i screen shot my windows 10 using shift+windows key+S , it show the snipping tool, after i snip it , it gets stuck on the same screen for about 30 seconds , and then it returns to normal ,but the screen shot is not saved , it just lost ....
  7. Reset gpedit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset gpedit?: I was in gpedit and i enable only run certain apps and i closed gpedit and niw I cant reopen it becuase it wasnt in the list. Is there a way to reset this. I also cant use regedit and running as admin dosnt work submitted by /u/roryc102 [link] [comments]...
  8. gpedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gpedit: Tengo el editor de directivas de grupo local. al revisar su contenido observo que le faltan carpetas se pueden actualizar este editor. Se pueden descargar los archivos, se puede hacer algo.o automáticamente se va actualizando. agradezco algún comentario.GRACIAS...
  9. Gpedit problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Gpedit problem: I just repair installed win 10 32 1607. Some things were messed up but I've been able to correct most. However I saw a recent post on how to remove Cortana. https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...e-cortana.html. One suggestion was to use gpedit. But when I started gpedit,msc...
  10. GPEdit Error

in Windows 10 Support
    GPEdit Error: After the latest Windows update, Group Policy Editor displays an error when starting. After clicking OK twice, the error clears. This is the second error that has occurred with GPEdit with Windows 10. A similar error occurred after the November update. Is there an easy way to...
Tags: