Windows 10: gpedit.msc is missing in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support gpedit.msc is missing in Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I could not find gpedit.msc in my PC. Is there anyway that I can access it. I need to change the reserved bandwidth for my network. Regards, Deepu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeepuVasant, Jul 29, 2020.

1. gpedit.msc is missing in Windows 10 Home

I could not find gpedit.msc in my PC. Is there anyway that I can access it. I need to change the reserved bandwidth for my network.

Regards,

Deepu

:)

DeepuVasant, Jul 29, 2020

2. Where to download GPEdit.msc for Windows 10 Home?

I would like to know on where is official link to download GPEdit.msc for Windows 10 Home.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

PublicMicro, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Missing folders in gpedit.msc

In order to deny the automatic updating of a specific device's driver, I found out that I can get by this through the Local Group Policy Editor.

I am running Windows 10 Home OEM on my laptop and, since gpedit.msc is not build-in on this version, I installed it following this guide:

Source How to Enable "Group Policy Editor" (gpedit.msc) in Windows 7 Home Premium, Home Basic and Starter Editions?

After some attempts it worked well, there is just one more step to do after following the guide: If you are still getting "MMC could not create the snap-in" error message while running gpedit.msc, go to "C:\Windows\Temp\gpedit" and run Installer.exe as Administrator.

At this point, I can properly run gpedit.msc.

But here comes my problem:
    For my purposes, I have to go to Local Computer Policy → Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → System → Device Installation → Device Installation Restrictions

Following this path, I can not find the folder Device Installation. In the System folder I have 14 sub-folders, but not the one I need.

I've already tried re-adding system.adm in "Add/Remove Templates.." right-clicking on Administrative Templates, as well as all the other .adm files.

Any possible solution to add this folder to my gpedit.msc?

Thank you all.

Lorenzo Marroccoli, Jul 29, 2020
  4. BruceHill Win User

gpedit.msc is missing in Windows 10 Home

gpedit missing from Windows 10 Home

It seems that the Group Policy Editor (gpedit) is missing for Windows 10 Home. If you do WindowsKey+R and enter "gpedit.msc" you get the following message:

What are the steps required to install gpedit on Windows 10 Home? Is there a Microsoft sanctioned download of gpedit from the Microsoft domain?

BruceHill, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

gpedit.msc is missing in Windows 10 Home

1. gpedit.msc is missing in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - gpedit msc missing

2. GPEDIT For Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPEDIT For Win 10 Home: Hi,.......I've installed GPEDIT.MSC for Win 10 (20H2) . When I open software settings it is empty. I wonder if this is the way it is supposed to be? I used the bat file attached and ran as an administrator. [img] Thanks 177115
  3. Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?: ok i'm stuck on this problem: i want to run a sample file.bat when my pc shuts down. I have added gpedit.msc on my machine via some batch file and added my .bat script in there. For some reason it won't execute the script when i shutdown my pc. I think is because i have win10...
  4. gpedit windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    gpedit windows 10 pro: Administrator templates are missing from gpedit for Windows 10 PRO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-windows-10-pro/a633cbf4-ef12-40da-b828-36a4c6f3fe53
  5. GPEDIT 'Administrative Templates' Missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    GPEDIT 'Administrative Templates' Missing: I am missing some items in the Local Group Policy editor gpedit.msc &secpol.msc also missing [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-administrative-templates-missing/fe6cb113-d8bb-44be-b7e3-3921bc683d99
  6. Problem with security tab missing - windows 10 home - no gpedit, problem with regedit path

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with security tab missing - windows 10 home - no gpedit, problem with regedit path: so... i've read countless tutorials and almost got scammed trying to solve this, help would be much apreciated please <3 hardware : acer laptop with windows 10 home and seagate external SSD context : (im the sole user of the laptop) i'm trying to run a game that i...
  7. Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home: Hello I followed the guide below to enable group policy editor on Windows 10 Home https://www.itechtics.com/easily-ena...-home-edition/ Basically, it says to use a .bat file to get Group Policy Editor running. Now, I'd like to disable or undo what that .bat does. I've...
  8. "Notify for download & Notify for install" missing - GPEDIT

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Notify for download & Notify for install" missing - GPEDIT: Recently did a fresh install of Win10 Spring update.I'm accustomed to using option (2) in Group Policy Editor which lets Windows notify me to download updates and notify me to install them once downloaded. However, this no longer seems to be an option as the only thing i can...
  9. No gpedit in 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    No gpedit in 10 Pro: I have Windows 10 Professional (build 10586)but no gpedit. How do I get it? 60090
  10. Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home

in Windows 10 Support
    Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home: I have installed this program: How to Enable (gpedit.msc) in Home and Starter Editions of Windows 7 and Later - AskVG on my Windows 8.1 home machine. Now i would like to back up the gpedit settings before installing windows 10, because windows 10 seems to be a kind of fresh...