Windows 10: gpedit.msc not working

Discus and support gpedit.msc not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; gpedit.msc not working, so i want folder or script of gruop policy .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chetanghusar, Jan 24, 2020.

1. gpedit.msc not working

gpedit.msc not working, so i want folder or script of gruop policy .

:)

chetanghusar, Jan 24, 2020
  2. BrianTJUK Win User

I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Jan 24, 2020
  3. tcebob Win User
    Gpedit problem

I just repair installed win 10 32 1607. Some things were messed up but I've been able to correct most. However I saw a recent post on how to remove Cortana. https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...e-cortana.html. One suggestion was to use gpedit. But when I started gpedit,msc I got the attached message
    The program ran after I dismissed the message twice but did not display the needed choices. I took a shot at editing the referenced file but couldn't save it because it's in Windows directory and is protected. (I am the Administrator). How can I fix gpedit?

gpedit.msc not working [​IMG]

tcebob, Jan 24, 2020
  4. XTL
    xTL Win User

gpedit.msc not working

Can't Access gpedit

Hi pandapanda, you need to add .msc after like so
    gpedit.msc

gpedit.msc not working [​IMG]

i get same error if i don't add .msc after gpedit.msc not working :)

Thema:

gpedit.msc not working

1. gpedit.msc not working - Similar Threads - gpedit msc working

2. gpedit disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gpedit disappeared: I have been trying to install Forza Horizon 5 into my D: drive and I am having trouble installing it. Everything in my settings is set to that, but it will not install there. Eventually, I figured out that I could use gpedit. I typed gpedit in the search bar, and I see it....
  3. gpedit not found

in Windows 10 Customization
    gpedit not found: Hello - I can't change my lock screen and don't have access to gp edit. What can I do? Thanks, Gretchen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-not-found/e1ec3d6d-1285-47e7-b3e8-a7a0a39ac947
  4. Gpedit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit: Would it work if I was to use group policy to disable updates until I see fit then re enable updates when I want to update submitted by /u/Aggravating_Serve665 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwanql/gpedit/
  5. gpedit corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    gpedit corrupted: I reinstalled windows again recently due to corruptions. When I reinstalled gpedit was working just fine. After one restart, the "Administrative Templates" part broke and went without a name. Instead of expanding into other subcategories, it expanded into few folders that...
  6. Reset gpedit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset gpedit?: I was in gpedit and i enable only run certain apps and i closed gpedit and niw I cant reopen it becuase it wasnt in the list. Is there a way to reset this. I also cant use regedit and running as admin dosnt work submitted by /u/roryc102 [link] [comments]...
  7. gpedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gpedit: Tengo el editor de directivas de grupo local. al revisar su contenido observo que le faltan carpetas se pueden actualizar este editor. Se pueden descargar los archivos, se puede hacer algo.o automáticamente se va actualizando. agradezco algún comentario.GRACIAS...
  8. Gpedit problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Gpedit problem: I just repair installed win 10 32 1607. Some things were messed up but I've been able to correct most. However I saw a recent post on how to remove Cortana. https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...e-cortana.html. One suggestion was to use gpedit. But when I started gpedit,msc...
  9. Running msc files in Admin ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running msc files in Admin ?: If I want to run Group Policy editor in administration mode, what command must be used before gpedit.msc so the group policy editor runs in Administrator mode ? 49226
  10. GPEdit Error

in Windows 10 Support
    GPEdit Error: After the latest Windows update, Group Policy Editor displays an error when starting. After clicking OK twice, the error clears. This is the second error that has occurred with GPEdit with Windows 10. A similar error occurred after the November update. Is there an easy way to...