Windows 10: gpedit.msc not working

Discus and support gpedit.msc not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section, anyways when i open gpedit it says "MMC could not create the snap-in" I've googled etc but only fixes i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kane, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Kane Win User

gpedit.msc not working

hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section, anyways when i open gpedit it says "MMC could not create the snap-in"

I've googled etc but only fixes i can see are for older windows versions, tried one or two things just in case and nothing worked. Can anybody help me? thanks in advance

:)

2. gpedit.msc is not working properly

I'm using Windows 10 Home, and I found the solution to make gpedit.msc enabled in the version.

But, it doesn't work properly. So, I'm wondering if there is something I can make it working.

Jiyoung Kim, Jul 31, 2015
  3. gpedit.msc is not working properly

Hi,

What are you trying to control with GPEdit?

We may be able to help do whatever you need without using it.

There are 3rd party utilities, some free, that add its functionality to Windows Home versions though I have not tried any of them. So be careful if you search for and use one.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

gpedit.msc not working

Your System Specs don't mention which version of Win10 you have but gpedit usually is not available on Home versions of Windows.

Berton, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Kane Win User
    windows 10 home. ah ok then i didn't know that, thanks

6. I also have the Home version of Windows 10 ( I thought I had Windows 8.1 pro and was updating to 10 pro). Does that mean that I am unable to disable One Drive? It is a real nuisance when it keeps asking me to set up and log in.

MikeofFreo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

gpedit.msc not working

1. gpedit.msc not working - Similar Threads - gpedit msc working

2. gpedit disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gpedit disappeared: I have been trying to install Forza Horizon 5 into my D: drive and I am having trouble installing it. Everything in my settings is set to that, but it will not install there. Eventually, I figured out that I could use gpedit. I typed gpedit in the search bar, and I see it....
  3. gpedit not found

in Windows 10 Customization
    gpedit not found: Hello - I can't change my lock screen and don't have access to gp edit. What can I do? Thanks, Gretchen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-not-found/e1ec3d6d-1285-47e7-b3e8-a7a0a39ac947
  4. Gpedit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit: Would it work if I was to use group policy to disable updates until I see fit then re enable updates when I want to update submitted by /u/Aggravating_Serve665 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwanql/gpedit/
  5. gpedit corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    gpedit corrupted: I reinstalled windows again recently due to corruptions. When I reinstalled gpedit was working just fine. After one restart, the "Administrative Templates" part broke and went without a name. Instead of expanding into other subcategories, it expanded into few folders that...
  6. Reset gpedit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset gpedit?: I was in gpedit and i enable only run certain apps and i closed gpedit and niw I cant reopen it becuase it wasnt in the list. Is there a way to reset this. I also cant use regedit and running as admin dosnt work submitted by /u/roryc102 [link] [comments]...
  7. gpedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gpedit: Tengo el editor de directivas de grupo local. al revisar su contenido observo que le faltan carpetas se pueden actualizar este editor. Se pueden descargar los archivos, se puede hacer algo.o automáticamente se va actualizando. agradezco algún comentario.GRACIAS...
  8. Gpedit problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Gpedit problem: I just repair installed win 10 32 1607. Some things were messed up but I've been able to correct most. However I saw a recent post on how to remove Cortana. https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...e-cortana.html. One suggestion was to use gpedit. But when I started gpedit,msc...
  9. Running msc files in Admin ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running msc files in Admin ?: If I want to run Group Policy editor in administration mode, what command must be used before gpedit.msc so the group policy editor runs in Administrator mode ? 49226
  10. GPEdit Error

in Windows 10 Support
    GPEdit Error: After the latest Windows update, Group Policy Editor displays an error when starting. After clicking OK twice, the error clears. This is the second error that has occurred with GPEdit with Windows 10. A similar error occurred after the November update. Is there an easy way to...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstall gpedit.msc now network not working properly