Windows 10: gpedit.msc not working

Discus and support gpedit.msc not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section, anyways when i open gpedit it says "MMC could not create the snap-in" I've googled etc but only fixes i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kane, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Kane Win User

gpedit.msc not working

hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section, anyways when i open gpedit it says "MMC could not create the snap-in"

I've googled etc but only fixes i can see are for older windows versions, tried one or two things just in case and nothing worked. Can anybody help me? thanks in advance

:)

2. gpedit.msc is not working properly

I'm using Windows 10 Home, and I found the solution to make gpedit.msc enabled in the version.

But, it doesn't work properly. So, I'm wondering if there is something I can make it working.

Jiyoung Kim, Jul 31, 2015
  3. gpedit.msc is not working properly

Hi,

What are you trying to control with GPEdit?

We may be able to help do whatever you need without using it.

There are 3rd party utilities, some free, that add its functionality to Windows Home versions though I have not tried any of them. So be careful if you search for and use one.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

gpedit.msc not working

Your System Specs don't mention which version of Win10 you have but gpedit usually is not available on Home versions of Windows.

Berton, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Kane Win User
    windows 10 home. ah ok then i didn't know that, thanks

6. I also have the Home version of Windows 10 ( I thought I had Windows 8.1 pro and was updating to 10 pro). Does that mean that I am unable to disable One Drive? It is a real nuisance when it keeps asking me to set up and log in.

MikeofFreo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

gpedit.msc not working

1. gpedit.msc not working - Similar Threads - gpedit msc working

2. Can't Access gpedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Access gpedit: First i was getting the error that i can't access the gpedit because i'm not admin. My windows 10 acc is admin so i don't get it why won't windows let me edit gpedit. I browsed the internet for days and didn't find a solution, i then deleted Registry.pol from system32 and now...
  3. Gpedit lost effect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gpedit lost effect: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-enable-gpeditmsc-in-windows-10-home/9f2ab0da-3821-48e6-9205-fd7755b904f4?auth=1 After followed this , gpedit.msc denied to be copied then i set gpedit again with local account normal user...
  4. my gpedit is not run.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my gpedit is not run.: I very try to run my gpedit but is not found in my windo 10. way it can be possibal ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-gpedit-is-not-run/17913733-edb5-4eac-a192-166a07d9f631
  5. gpedit as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    gpedit as administrator: Hi, I want to run gpedit as administrator. When I type gpedit into search and right click on gpedit I am not offered an option to run as admin. I am the only user and administrator on this PC. Any ideas? Thanks 110097
  6. Still having problems with MSC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still having problems with MSC: I am still having problems with Microsoft solitaire collection I have asked every source I know It is so strange that I can click on the M.S.C. 5 or 6 times and it goes through the act of starting and then fades away then on the 6TH time it will stay open and I can play as...
  7. Gpedit problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Gpedit problem: I just repair installed win 10 32 1607. Some things were messed up but I've been able to correct most. However I saw a recent post on how to remove Cortana. https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...e-cortana.html. One suggestion was to use gpedit. But when I started gpedit,msc...
  8. Running msc files in Admin ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running msc files in Admin ?: If I want to run Group Policy editor in administration mode, what command must be used before gpedit.msc so the group policy editor runs in Administrator mode ? 49226
  9. GPEdit Error

in Windows 10 Support
    GPEdit Error: After the latest Windows update, Group Policy Editor displays an error when starting. After clicking OK twice, the error clears. This is the second error that has occurred with GPEdit with Windows 10. A similar error occurred after the November update. Is there an easy way to...
  10. No gpedit in 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    No gpedit in 10 Pro: I have Windows 10 Professional (build 10586)but no gpedit. How do I get it? 60090