gpedit.msc not working

Discus and support gpedit.msc not working in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section, anyways when i open gpedit it says "MMC could not create the snap-in" I've googled etc but only fixes i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kane, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Kane Win User

gpedit.msc not working

hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section, anyways when i open gpedit it says "MMC could not create the snap-in"

I've googled etc but only fixes i can see are for older windows versions, tried one or two things just in case and nothing worked. Can anybody help me? thanks in advance

:)

2. Jiyoung Kim Win User

gpedit.msc is not working properly

I'm using Windows 10 Home, and I found the solution to make gpedit.msc enabled in the version.

But, it doesn't work properly. So, I'm wondering if there is something I can make it working.

Jiyoung Kim, Jul 31, 2015
  3. SpiritX MS MVP Win User
    gpedit.msc is not working properly

Hi,

What are you trying to control with GPEdit?

We may be able to help do whatever you need without using it.

There are 3rd party utilities, some free, that add its functionality to Windows Home versions though I have not tried any of them. So be careful if you search for and use one.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

gpedit.msc not working

Your System Specs don't mention which version of Win10 you have but gpedit usually is not available on Home versions of Windows.

Berton, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Kane Win User
    windows 10 home. ah ok then i didn't know that, thanks

Kane, Aug 1, 2015
  6. MikeofFreo Win User
    I also have the Home version of Windows 10 ( I thought I had Windows 8.1 pro and was updating to 10 pro). Does that mean that I am unable to disable One Drive? It is a real nuisance when it keeps asking me to set up and log in.

MikeofFreo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

gpedit.msc not working

gpedit.msc not working - Similar Threads - gpedit msc working

1. how to disable clipboard, or copy and paste using registry or gpedit

in Windows 10 Support
    how to disable clipboard, or copy and paste using registry or gpedit: is there anyway to permanently disable clipboard or copy and paste in windows 10, best thing ifound was stopper and prevent and there easy to bypass is there anything i can do in gpedit or the registry to disable it permanently 111885
  2. How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit: [img] is there a way to stop links being opened in the red box in the above image as i want to disable this using either windows registry or gpedit 111881
  3. Adding an application to the Whitelist (Gpedit etc.) ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding an application to the Whitelist (Gpedit etc.) ?: Everytime I run a program a window pops up "Do you want this app to make changes to your device" ? Its annoying. I want to add this application to the whitelist in Gpedit or Secpol or somewhere like that so the app can run without issues. What I've read so far is that I can...
  4. "Notify for download & Notify for install" missing - GPEDIT

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Notify for download & Notify for install" missing - GPEDIT: Recently did a fresh install of Win10 Spring update.I'm accustomed to using option (2) in Group Policy Editor which lets Windows notify me to download updates and notify me to install them once downloaded. However, this no longer seems to be an option as the only thing i can...
  5. gpedit as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    gpedit as administrator: Hi, I want to run gpedit as administrator. When I type gpedit into search and right click on gpedit I am not offered an option to run as admin. I am the only user and administrator on this PC. Any ideas? Thanks 110097
  6. Disable Cortana using gpedit but process still running after reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Cortana using gpedit but process still running after reboot.: I expected gpedit setting to kill the process, but it hasn't. Is this usual? Any other ways to stop it? 84610
  7. I disabled Cortana with gpedit, but now I can't type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    I disabled Cortana with gpedit, but now I can't type in the search bar: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 PRO - I disabled Cortana in Group Policy Editor, which according to Microsoft, only disables Cortana, not the entire search feature. Unfortunately, on this laptop, if Cortana is disabled, then I can no longer type in the search bar....