gpedit.msc not working

Discus and support gpedit.msc not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section, anyways when i open gpedit it says "MMC could not create the snap-in" I've googled etc but only fixes i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kane, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Kane Win User

gpedit.msc not working

hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section, anyways when i open gpedit it says "MMC could not create the snap-in"

I've googled etc but only fixes i can see are for older windows versions, tried one or two things just in case and nothing worked. Can anybody help me? thanks in advance

:)

2. Jiyoung Kim Win User

gpedit.msc is not working properly

I'm using Windows 10 Home, and I found the solution to make gpedit.msc enabled in the version.

But, it doesn't work properly. So, I'm wondering if there is something I can make it working.

Jiyoung Kim, Jul 31, 2015
  3. SpiritX MS MVP Win User
    gpedit.msc is not working properly

Hi,

What are you trying to control with GPEdit?

We may be able to help do whatever you need without using it.

There are 3rd party utilities, some free, that add its functionality to Windows Home versions though I have not tried any of them. So be careful if you search for and use one.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

gpedit.msc not working

Your System Specs don't mention which version of Win10 you have but gpedit usually is not available on Home versions of Windows.

Berton, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Kane Win User
    windows 10 home. ah ok then i didn't know that, thanks

6. MikeofFreo Win User
    I also have the Home version of Windows 10 ( I thought I had Windows 8.1 pro and was updating to 10 pro). Does that mean that I am unable to disable One Drive? It is a real nuisance when it keeps asking me to set up and log in.

MikeofFreo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

gpedit.msc not working

1. gpedit.msc not working - Similar Threads - gpedit msc working

2. Mobile hotspot for windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot for windows 10 not working: When I tried to use the mobile hotspot function on my windows 10 laptop, the devices connected to the hotspot said "wifi doesn't have a vaid IP configuration". The computer gets its own wifi through an ethernet cable. I have tried reinstalling drivers on both devices(the...
  3. Sony MDR 1000x not working after (~August 14th Windows 10 Update)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony MDR 1000x not working after (~August 14th Windows 10 Update): I've already re-paired my cans several times, they will pair but not connect. When I turn on the headphones I get the "Power On" message but I never receive the "Bluetooth Connected" prompt. No audio from headphones and the device doesn't show up under the new crummy...
  4. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge: Hello, I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open MSN.com. I have gone to the Edge Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Open New Tabs With , then I have selected "a blank page". Yet time...
  5. Microsoft works and Windows 10

Microsoft works and Windows 10: I have the very latest version of windows 10, What version of Microsoft works should I use if any. I have the CD for works 8.5 and it definitely will not....
  6. Adb drivers just won't work..

Adb drivers just won't work..: so i installed adb drivers normally but adb drivers just won't work.. i wanted to unlock my boot loader of redmi note 5 pro but it doesn't detect my phone.. mi apps like "mi flash" "mi unlock" " mi pc suite" just won't recognize my phone.. i tried some commands from cmd but...
  7. COMPUTER NOT WORKING SMOOTHLY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COMPUTER NOT WORKING SMOOTHLY: Hello friends, I have an pc with windows 10 x64 bit 4gb ram. The problem i am facing is that :- 1‌) taking a very long time to open . Getting stuck in welcome screen 2) cannot install anything. If i do so then system hangs i.e. not responding 3) cannot use start menu....
  8. Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working: How do I enable Activities History so I can use the TimeLine Feature?. I researched this and the advice is: Go to Settings / Privacy and Enable Activities History I am not seeing Activities History anywhere on my Windows 10 Settings Panel You can see a screen...
  9. password not working in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password not working in safe mode: i wanted to use safeboot to uninstall avast just for general knowlege. i tried to do safe mode with networking and it didnt work i didnt have internet, i tired it wired and wireless (cuase im using a laptop) the password changing software cost 50 bucks sorry microsoft but...
  10. some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working...

some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working...: Hi, Some of ctrl shortcuts with left control are suddenly not working anymore, like ctrl v,c,t but they are working with the right control key. They were working a few days ago. Also, ctrl z and x are working (with both left and right) so left control key IS working...