Windows 10: gpedit not found

Discus and support gpedit not found in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello - I can't change my lock screen and don't have access to gp edit. What can I do? Thanks, Gretchen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GE_2021, Apr 22, 2021.

1. GE_2021 Win User

gpedit not found

Hello - I can't change my lock screen and don't have access to gp edit. What can I do?

Thanks,

Gretchen

:)

GE_2021, Apr 22, 2021

2. GPEDIT is completely ineffective in Win10 PRO

Hi joeyberger,

Sorry for the delay in response

What specific setting did you change in gpedit?

Do you face the issue only with gpedit?

We suggest you to run this command and check.

• Press Win + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command Prompt(Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • After the SFC scan, Type or copy, paste the command in the command prompt
      DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Apr 22, 2021
  3. gpedit crashes with error "found an error in a snap-in"

Hi,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issue with gpedit, this issue might happens due to missing or corrupted system files.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Press Windows + R keys, to open
      Run command.
    • Type cmd and hit Enter to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the command "sfc /scannow" without the quotes
      and hit Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to perform clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict and check.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 22, 2021
  4. tcebob Win User

gpedit not found

Gpedit problem

I just repair installed win 10 32 1607. Some things were messed up but I've been able to correct most. However I saw a recent post on how to remove Cortana. https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...e-cortana.html. One suggestion was to use gpedit. But when I started gpedit,msc I got the attached message
    The program ran after I dismissed the message twice but did not display the needed choices. I took a shot at editing the referenced file but couldn't save it because it's in Windows directory and is protected. (I am the Administrator). How can I fix gpedit?

gpedit not found [​IMG]

tcebob, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

gpedit not found

1. gpedit not found - Similar Threads - gpedit found

2. GPEDIT For Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPEDIT For Win 10 Home: Hi,.......I've installed GPEDIT.MSC for Win 10 (20H2) . When I open software settings it is empty. I wonder if this is the way it is supposed to be? I used the bat file attached and ran as an administrator. [img] Thanks 177115
  3. How can I increase the download speed on the Xbox app for pc without access to gpedit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I increase the download speed on the Xbox app for pc without access to gpedit.: As the title says I'm trying to increase download speed on the Xbox app for pc. My internet connection should allow for a much faster installation of games and others have reported this problem. I tried to follow a popular guide but it requires access to gpedit, which as a...
  4. Accidentaly restricted all applications with gpedit. What can I do to solve this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentaly restricted all applications with gpedit. What can I do to solve this?: So while trying to unlock an application with gpedit I accidentally restricted all applications including gpedit. I don’t know any way to solve this so I am asking for help if any one on this subreddit knows how to solve this. submitted by /u/speedpurge [link] [comments]...
  5. Can anyone give me a good reason why gpedit ISN'T included in Windows 10 Home????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone give me a good reason why gpedit ISN'T included in Windows 10 Home????: Not being able to do simple tasks that NEED to be done as there basically is NO fix for certain things WITHOUT gpedit, is REDICULOUS!!! Aren't you people rich enough without making us "Home" owners pay a whole extra couple hundred bucks on top of what we've already spent on...
  6. Is gpedit safe to run on all versions of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is gpedit safe to run on all versions of Windows 10?: I upgraded all my home PCs to Windows 10 last year and since then have tried everything I could find on the internet to allow a W10 Home 2020 PC to access files on a W10 Home 2019 PC C: drive. It can see the device but refuses access saying "Login failure: the user has not...
  7. How to enable Windows 10 Full screen Start Menu using REGEDIT or GPEDIT

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Windows 10 Full screen Start Menu using REGEDIT or GPEDIT: [ATTACH]If you want to enable Windows 10 Full-screen Start Menu, then you can do […] This article How to enable Windows 10 Full screen Start Menu using REGEDIT or GPEDIT first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?

Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?: ok i'm stuck on this problem: i want to run a sample file.bat when my pc shuts down. I have added gpedit.msc on my machine via some batch file and added my .bat script in there. For some reason it won't execute the script when i shutdown my pc. I think is because i have win10...
  9. Lock screen shows even though its deactivated in gpedit

Lock screen shows even though its deactivated in gpedit: when my screen goes dark due to inactivity i get to the lockscreen even though its deactivated in gpedit. it used to work tho. any idea how to fix this? Windows 10 pro 20H2 submitted by /u/Evil_Sh4d0w [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows Update including drivers even with gpedit configured not to. Tries to install old...

Windows Update including drivers even with gpedit configured not to. Tries to install old...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DZMBA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jroj3w/windows_update_including_drivers_even_with_gpedit/