Windows 10: Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home

Discus and support Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have installed this program: How to Enable (gpedit.msc) in Home and Starter Editions of Windows 7 and Later - AskVG on my Windows 8.1 home machine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win8, Nov 19, 2015.

1. win8 Win User

Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home

I have installed this program: How to Enable (gpedit.msc) in Home and Starter Editions of Windows 7 and Later - AskVG on my Windows 8.1 home machine. Now i would like to back up the gpedit settings before installing windows 10, because windows 10 seems to be a kind of fresh installation.

I tried this one: Export / Import local group policy objects "Hi,
    1.) Open %systemroot%\system32\grouppolicy\
    Within this folder, there are two folders - “machine” and “user”. Copy these to folders to the “%systemroot%\system32\grouppolicy - folder on the target machine.
    Restart the machine or run GPUPDATE /force

Note :- %systemroot%\system32\grouppolicy is a hidden folder. You need to set an option to view hidden folder in explorer." but it doesn't show up on my computer. Can i backup the gpedit settings to a file, then import it again in Windows 10. By the way, i'm having the 32 bit version, but the machine is capable of 64 bit. I have to buy a new license to get 64 bit? The computer is an Asus t200ta.

Thanks in advance.

:)

2. Can't change lock screen image in windows 10

i had the same issue, but i installed gpedit on my pc

Install it

and open RUN (WinKey+R)

type gpedit.msc

there you go Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home :)

LINK: https://www.itechtics.com/enable-gpedit-windows-10-home/

AnrijsAvins, Nov 19, 2015
  3. wag321 Win User
    wag321, Nov 19, 2015
  4. Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home

Can't help you with backing up your gpedit settings but your product code is good for 32 bit or 64 bit, it's your choice. No need to buy a new license.

alphanumeric, Nov 19, 2015
  5. win8 Win User
    But the 32 bit was preinstalled.

6. Doesn't matter, the product code is good for 32 bit or 64 bit. If your doing a clean install and the hardware supports it, you can install 64 bit. You need to reinstall to switch from one to other though.

7. win8 Win User
    Thanks for your help and answer. Is it possible to get 64 bit without installation discs? Because i got none.

8. Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home

9. Anteaus Win User
    Might help to know that almost all group policy controls have equivalent registry settings anyway. Search Technet for what you need. The registry settings do work on Home versions.

http://sf.net/projects/softwarepolicy is one such example of the use of policy registry settings, and is quite a useful security add-on.

Anteaus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home

1. Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home - Similar Threads - Gpedit home

2. I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd: Hi everyone.BackgroundSo i happened to have an issues where suddenly a couple of blue PowerShell windows would pop-up on my screen and disappear before I could even read anything. So I suspected that it might be some sneaky virus. So I tried everything. Scanned my system with...
  3. I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd: Hi everyone.BackgroundSo i happened to have an issues where suddenly a couple of blue PowerShell windows would pop-up on my screen and disappear before I could even read anything. So I suspected that it might be some sneaky virus. So I tried everything. Scanned my system with...
  4. GPEDIT For Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPEDIT For Win 10 Home: Hi,.......I've installed GPEDIT.MSC for Win 10 (20H2) . When I open software settings it is empty. I wonder if this is the way it is supposed to be? I used the bat file attached and ran as an administrator. [img] Thanks 177115
  5. Can anyone give me a good reason why gpedit ISN'T included in Windows 10 Home????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone give me a good reason why gpedit ISN'T included in Windows 10 Home????: Not being able to do simple tasks that NEED to be done as there basically is NO fix for certain things WITHOUT gpedit, is REDICULOUS!!! Aren't you people rich enough without making us "Home" owners pay a whole extra couple hundred bucks on top of what we've already spent on...
  6. Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?: ok i'm stuck on this problem: i want to run a sample file.bat when my pc shuts down. I have added gpedit.msc on my machine via some batch file and added my .bat script in there. For some reason it won't execute the script when i shutdown my pc. I think is because i have win10...
  7. Problem with security tab missing - windows 10 home - no gpedit, problem with regedit path

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with security tab missing - windows 10 home - no gpedit, problem with regedit path: so... i've read countless tutorials and almost got scammed trying to solve this, help would be much apreciated please <3 hardware : acer laptop with windows 10 home and seagate external SSD context : (im the sole user of the laptop) i'm trying to run a game that i...
  8. Windows 10 Home need help with Skip Login screen (netplwiz and gpedit do not work)

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Home need help with Skip Login screen (netplwiz and gpedit do not work): New computer, can't bypass the login screen. Used netplwiz to uncheck box and gpedit to Enable "Do Not Display Welcome screen". Any ideas as to why this may not be working, or more importantly what I can do to rectify. Thanks!...
  9. Using gpedit enabler on Win 10 Home causes issue with Sys File Scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Using gpedit enabler on Win 10 Home causes issue with Sys File Scan: I ran sfc /scannow the other day and it found corrupted files which it couldn't fix. I checked the CBS log and noticed that it seemed to be related to gpedit which I added to my Win 10 Home Pc some time back with a batch file I found on the net. I then ran the DISM tool....
  10. Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home: Hello I followed the guide below to enable group policy editor on Windows 10 Home https://www.itechtics.com/easily-ena...-home-edition/ Basically, it says to use a .bat file to get Group Policy Editor running. Now, I'd like to disable or undo what that .bat does. I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restaurar gpedit windows 8.1

2. windows 8.1 home gpedit

3. gpedit for windows 8 home

4. gpedit.msc nt found Win 8.1,
  5. gpedit enabler win 8,
  6. gpedit 8.1 home,
  7. gpedit enabler in windows 8.1,
  8. enable group policy editor in windows 8.1 home,
  9. enable gpedit windows 8.1 home,
  10. gpedit windows 8