Windows 10: Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?

Discus and support Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; ok i'm stuck on this problem: i want to run a sample file.bat when my pc shuts down. I have added gpedit.msc on my machine via some batch file and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThanosIsGone123, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?

ok i'm stuck on this problem: i want to run a sample file.bat when my pc shuts down. I have added gpedit.msc on my machine via some batch file and added my .bat script in there. For some reason it won't execute the script when i shutdown my pc. I think is because i have win10 home not pro so it won't let me run the script.

is there a way to do it anyway in win10 home?

submitted by /u/ThanosIsGone123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThanosIsGone123, Dec 26, 2020
  2. das10 Win User
    das10, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Dirk123 Win User
    Shutdown script (gpedit) runs with 'Restart' but not with 'Shut down'

Thanks, I managed to solve the problem with your suggestion!
    When I disable the fast startup (Power options -> Choose what the power buttons do -> Change settings that are currently unavailable), the shutdown script runs during both Restart and Shutdown. It seems that a full boot is needed to make the shutdown script being activated.

Dirk123, Dec 26, 2020
  4. sachind1 Win User

Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?

script running on Startup and Shutdown of System is not working

Steps

• Open a run box
    • type in "gpedit.msc"
    • Expand Computer Configuration
    • Expand Windows Settings
    • Select Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
    • Double click Startup
    • Click Show Files and copy/paste your file in to this folder
    • Click the Add button on the startup properties
    • Click Browse and double click on your script to choose it.
    • "OK" out of all windows to apply the new settings.
    I am generally Giving Path of My python to the startup and shutdown as steps given above

sachind1, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?

1. Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home? - Similar Threads - Gpedit shutdown scripts

2. GPEDIT For Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPEDIT For Win 10 Home: Hi,.......I've installed GPEDIT.MSC for Win 10 (20H2) . When I open software settings it is empty. I wonder if this is the way it is supposed to be? I used the bat file attached and ran as an administrator. [img] Thanks 177115
  3. Shutdown / logoff script just wont run Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown / logoff script just wont run Windows 10 Home: I am trying to run a simple powershell script to turn off my office hue lights when I logoff/ shutdown my windows 10 home PC. I know Home isnt fully supported as shipped to complete this but searching around tinterweb there seems to be "ways" to get this to work. I am having...
  4. Powershell Script on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Powershell Script on Shutdown: Hi all, I try to run a Powershell Script (*.ps1) when i shut down my PC. I created the script and it is working fine when i run it. However if i want to run it on a regular Shutdown it seems like it does not start or is not finished, before Windows is killing every running...
  5. Shutdown Script Not Working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown Script Not Working: Hi, Following this article How to empty the Windows Recycle Bin automatically - gHacks Tech News I created the batch script, which works, and added to Shutdown scripts via GPE. But, it does not run at shutdown. I have 2 accounts and 2 drives on the laptop, Local Admin and...
  6. Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home: Hello I followed the guide below to enable group policy editor on Windows 10 Home https://www.itechtics.com/easily-ena...-home-edition/ Basically, it says to use a .bat file to get Group Policy Editor running. Now, I'd like to disable or undo what that .bat does. I've...
  7. Windows 10 Home Shutdown Script

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home Shutdown Script: Is it possible to run a script on shutdown on Windows 10 Home edition? Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is not available. Already tried to modify registry Execute a script a startup and shutdown Tested successfully on Windows 10 Professional but won't work on Home....
  8. Screwed shutdown script

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed shutdown script: Oh Boy, well you learn from your mistakes they say*Redface I tried to run a script at shutdown on my W10 PC that would run a RoboCopy command. That did not work so I deleted it (So I thought) I may have deleted the proper shutdown script as my PC will no longer shutdown...
  9. Shutdown script (gpedit) runs with 'Restart' but not with 'Shut down'

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown script (gpedit) runs with 'Restart' but not with 'Shut down': Dear all, I have an issue with a shutdown script that I don't manage to resolve: I wrote a .bat file script that works fine when it is clicked on. Through gpedit.msc, I added it as a shutdown script. When the computer is restarted (Power -> Restart), it works fine as well...
  10. Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home

in Windows 10 Support
    Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home: I have installed this program: How to Enable (gpedit.msc) in Home and Starter Editions of Windows 7 and Later - AskVG on my Windows 8.1 home machine. Now i would like to back up the gpedit settings before installing windows 10, because windows 10 seems to be a kind of fresh...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run program at Windows 10 Home shutdown

2. run script at shutdown windows 10 home