Windows 10: GPO does not apply Desktop redirect settings after upgrading to 20H1 or 20H2

Discus and support GPO does not apply Desktop redirect settings after upgrading to 20H1 or 20H2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community, Has anyone experienced the domain GPO not applying the Desktop redirect settings after upgrading to 20H1 or 20H2?If so, how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by P13r1K, Oct 21, 2021.

1. P13r1K Win User

GPO does not apply Desktop redirect settings after upgrading to 20H1 or 20H2

Hello Microsoft Community, Has anyone experienced the domain GPO not applying the Desktop redirect settings after upgrading to 20H1 or 20H2?If so, how did you fix it?

:)

P13r1K, Oct 21, 2021

2. Ok to Install 20H2 without 20H1 present?

I am running Windows 10 build 1909.

I have NOT installed update 20H1 yet.

Is it ok to go ahead and install 20H2, or am I supposed to manually install 20H1 first?

My PC is only offering 20H2, with the 20H1 offer disappearing recently.

PhilManley1, Oct 21, 2021
  3. checks2 Win User
    Windows 10 - Desktop redirection issue

Any one come across an issue with Win10 redirected folders/desktop where once applied via GPO when a user tries to 'drag and drop' a folder/icon or rename a folder on the 'redirected' desktop there seems to be a slight delay?

Similar GPO's applied to a Win7 device, no apparent delay

checks2, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Kelemvor Win User

GPO for Automatic Updates doesn't seem to be applying

Howdy,

I'm trying to create a GPO to point our Windows 10 machines to our WSUS server and then use Automatic Download and Install during a maintenance schedule.

• I've gone under Automatic Maintenance Activation Boundary and set that to 13:00 (1PM) for testing.
    • I've gone under Maintenance Random Delay and set that to 1 hour

• I've gone under Config Automatic Updates and set it to 4 (download and install). I also set day to Saturday and time to 13:00 (1PM) but I don't know how this affects the Maintenance Boundary up above...
    • I've gone under Specify Intranet Site and put in our WSUS server.

Anyway, I then ran a GPUpdate on my laptop which worked and gpresult says it applied the setting. However, when I go under All Settings | Update & security and then click Advance Options, it still shows "Never check for updates" which is what our normal GPO for everyone else uses. I put my machine in a sub-OU and assigned the test GPO to that sub folder. The main WSUS GPO is not Enforced and the test GPO is Enforced.

Should that dropdown change to reflect the current settings? Is there some other way to tell if the settings are applied correctly? I don't want to click "Check for Updates" because that usually checks and installs which is NOT what I want to do. I want to test the automatic install portion but can't tell if the right settings are in place or not.

I hope that all makes sense. Let me know if I can provide any other information.

Thanks!

Kelemvor, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

1. GPO does not apply Desktop redirect settings after upgrading to 20H1 or 20H2 - Similar Threads - GPO does apply

2. GPO does not apply Desktop redirect settings after upgrading to 20H1 or 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPO does not apply Desktop redirect settings after upgrading to 20H1 or 20H2: Hello Microsoft Community, Has anyone experienced the domain GPO not applying the Desktop redirect settings after upgrading to 20H1 or 20H2?If so, how did you fix it?...
  3. GPO does not apply Desktop redirect settings after upgrading to 20H1 or 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPO does not apply Desktop redirect settings after upgrading to 20H1 or 20H2: Hello Microsoft Community, Has anyone experienced the domain GPO not applying the Desktop redirect settings after upgrading to 20H1 or 20H2?If so, how did you fix it?...
  4. Windows 10 20H2 and Server Essentials 2016 1607 GPO no longer applying

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 20H2 and Server Essentials 2016 1607 GPO no longer applying: So this is my home setup, WIn 10 pro, with Server Essentials 2016 and yes I am using the essentials role, I love the client backup aspect here at home. I allowed our computers to go from Win10 1909 to 20H2. So after upgrading I noticed my computer desktop was not timing...
  5. GPO not applying to Windows 10 Clients

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GPO not applying to Windows 10 Clients: Hi there, I have Windows Server 2019 standard installed and the GPO is not applying to the windows 10 clients clients. I have ran gpresult/r on one of the affected PC's and get the below results; RSOP data for domain\user on OFFICE4-NEW : Logging Mode...
  6. Msconfig settings say to restart after settings applied but the setting does not get affected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Msconfig settings say to restart after settings applied but the setting does not get affected: After the computer restarts the msconfig setting remains the same before restart and does not change i have tried in safe mode and also uninstall all third party apps and also tried the new administrative user but nothing works submitted by /u/rohnitvs [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 Version 1803 not working properly after applying the GPO settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Version 1803 not working properly after applying the GPO settings: Hello Team, Can you please help, am facing the issue with Windows 10 of Version 1803 not working properly after applying GPO policies. Service Page is not opening and the Searching option is not working, the evenvwr page also showing a lot of error messages. If I used...
  8. Wireless Network 802.11 GPO - Windows failed to apply Wireless Setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network 802.11 GPO - Windows failed to apply Wireless Setting: I've created a GPO which is supposed to apply specific wireless network settings. Here is what the settings are supposed to do. Enable SSO Automatically use my windows credentials to connect.. Connect to the WiFi before login with a 20 second delay (waiting for network)...
  9. Windows 10 GPO problem on 2012 DC- GPO Not Applying

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 GPO problem on 2012 DC- GPO Not Applying: I have a problem where I am pulling a GPO from a Windows 12 DC and it is not applying on the PC. If I run GPResults the correct GPO from the DC looks as if it is pulling. If I run Auditpol.exe /get /category I can see that nothing has applied as all of the audit settings...
  10. GPO for Taskbar modification doesn't apply

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPO for Taskbar modification doesn't apply: Trying to get my new image out the door for Windows 10 Pro x64 - 1703 and the last issue I'm having is the Taskbar customization. I followed the steps here: Configure Windows 10 taskbar (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs I exported the start menu configuration as described...