Windows 10: GPO for Automatic Updates doesn't seem to be applying

Discus and support GPO for Automatic Updates doesn't seem to be applying in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Howdy, I'm trying to create a GPO to point our Windows 10 machines to our WSUS server and then use Automatic Download and Install during a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kelemvor, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Kelemvor Win User

GPO for Automatic Updates doesn't seem to be applying

Howdy,

I'm trying to create a GPO to point our Windows 10 machines to our WSUS server and then use Automatic Download and Install during a maintenance schedule.

• I've gone under Automatic Maintenance Activation Boundary and set that to 13:00 (1PM) for testing.
    • I've gone under Maintenance Random Delay and set that to 1 hour

• I've gone under Config Automatic Updates and set it to 4 (download and install). I also set day to Saturday and time to 13:00 (1PM) but I don't know how this affects the Maintenance Boundary up above...
    • I've gone under Specify Intranet Site and put in our WSUS server.

Anyway, I then ran a GPUpdate on my laptop which worked and gpresult says it applied the setting. However, when I go under All Settings | Update & security and then click Advance Options, it still shows "Never check for updates" which is what our normal GPO for everyone else uses. I put my machine in a sub-OU and assigned the test GPO to that sub folder. The main WSUS GPO is not Enforced and the test GPO is Enforced.

Should that dropdown change to reflect the current settings? Is there some other way to tell if the settings are applied correctly? I don't want to click "Check for Updates" because that usually checks and installs which is NOT what I want to do. I want to test the automatic install portion but can't tell if the right settings are in place or not.

I hope that all makes sense. Let me know if I can provide any other information.

Thanks!

:)

Kelemvor, Apr 16, 2017
  2. Kurfew Win User

Windows 10 Group Policies - Newly created user GPOs do not apply

Hi all,

I'm after some help with a problem I've started to encounter. Windows AD domain (2012R2 DCs, but 2003 functional level), starting to provision Windows 10 (1703) clients. GPOs applied at container levels within the OU. As of about a week or so ago, any
    group policy created to apply to a user object does not apply. GPO applying to Computer Objects apply instantly. If I create a GPO that solely contains a drive map (start simple), this doesn't apply, GPRESULT doesn't show it being denied or empty etc. Using
    the GPMC results tool produces the same result as that on the physical workstation.

What seems odd is there were no problems a couple of weeks ago, I could create new User GPOs and they would apply, now it's like they don't exist. The corresponding GUID folder appears in the sysvol directory for the new GPO and permissions look as expected.
    Sysvol and Netlogon UNC paths have been excluded from hardening, KB3163622 is not applied to any client. There is no WMI filtering applied, permissions appear fine (auth users, read and apply GPO).

I am aware there have been a lot of community posts from people experiencing problems with GPOs and Windows 10, but the problem I have seems another level, it doesn't even seem to be aware there should be a GPO applying. I'm at a bit of a loss where to
    go next and would be hugely grateful for any advice that could be provided.

Best Regards,

Rob

Kurfew, Apr 16, 2017
  3. How Can I Exclude Windows Printer Driver Updates?

Thanks for the reply.

I tried this option with "wushowhide.diagcab", but this did not even recognize that the updates even failed, so I cannot register it as something to hide. Also, this would be something that I cannot apply network wide with a GPO.

Seems like I'm fighting a losing battle.

I wish Microsoft would provide a GPO option to exclude driver updates by KB number or something. Seems simple to me in concept, but I'm sure its a lot more complicated.

Thanks!

RickatLPCS, Apr 16, 2017
Thema:

GPO for Automatic Updates doesn't seem to be applying

1. GPO for Automatic Updates doesn't seem to be applying - Similar Threads - GPO Automatic Updates

2. Security Center, GPO is not applying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  3. Security Center, GPO is not applying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  4. Windows 11 GPO is not applied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 GPO is not applied: Hello We have GPO applied on our computers, and we have one computer that is windows 11, and the GPO is not applying to this computer same as the others,Can you advise what can I do?the setting I'm trying to set is in the picture...
  5. Windows 11 GPO is not applied

Windows 11 GPO is not applied: Hello We have GPO applied on our computers, and we have one computer that is windows 11, and the GPO is not applying to this computer same as the others,Can you advise what can I do?the setting I'm trying to set is in the picture...
  6. Apply Color Management via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apply Color Management via GPO: Does anyone know if it's possible to set the Device Profile for Color Management via GPO/ADMX/WEM?Thanks Ste https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apply-color-management-via-gpo/5014040f-fc6e-457e-bd31-264d69dae829
  7. Apply Color Management via GPO

Apply Color Management via GPO: Does anyone know if it's possible to set the Device Profile for Color Management via GPO/ADMX/WEM?Thanks Ste https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apply-color-management-via-gpo/5014040f-fc6e-457e-bd31-264d69dae829
  8. no longer seems able to apply an update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    no longer seems able to apply an update: For those still dealing with this issue of DISM not working, there is a thorough discussion of this on page 30 of this thread, and why many have had trouble, but it may be that from this point the easier thing will be to use the downloaded newer version (1607) and do a Repair...
  9. Windows 10 GPO problem on 2012 DC- GPO Not Applying

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 GPO problem on 2012 DC- GPO Not Applying: I have a problem where I am pulling a GPO from a Windows 12 DC and it is not applying on the PC. If I run GPResults the correct GPO from the DC looks as if it is pulling. If I run Auditpol.exe /get /category I can see that nothing has applied as all of the audit settings...
  10. GPO for Taskbar modification doesn't apply

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPO for Taskbar modification doesn't apply: Trying to get my new image out the door for Windows 10 Pro x64 - 1703 and the last issue I'm having is the Taskbar customization. I followed the steps here: Configure Windows 10 taskbar (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs I exported the start menu configuration as described...