Windows 10: GPO for certains users on certain computers

Discus and support GPO for certains users on certain computers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm quite new at using GPO however, I've come across a problem that I can't find an answer or clear enough explanation to solve. I have 10 users in an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kiosknewbie, May 5, 2020.

1. GPO for certains users on certain computers

I'm quite new at using GPO however, I've come across a problem that I can't find an answer or clear enough explanation to solve. I have 10 users in an OU of about 20 users that I want to have a GPO apply but only on two computers that are in their own OU. It was suggested to create a security group where the members are the 10 users and apply the security group to the computer OU. I attempted this but am not at all successful. Is there an example of how this works? My friend Bing and Google come up with all kinds of answers but none of which apply.

:)

Kiosknewbie, May 5, 2020

2. GPO local admin access for Domain user

Hi,

I have a question regarding the GPO that I created for certain domain user to get local admin access in their computer.

I have created new GPO in domain and do the setting as what I have learned.

They policy I enabled located at Computer Configuration but not User Configuration.

The question is :

If User A have local admin access logon on his PC, are User B or following user able to gain this local access right too when they logon into the same PC?

Regards,

Keith

Keith.Chan, May 5, 2020
  3. Blocking and Allowing a Certain Program to a User in Windows 10

On windows 7 I was able to give a user access to a certain program in which I allowed them to use from a list of installed applications in my computer. Now I am having trouble finding that option , I created a account to use the family feature and from
    there I was only able to block programs from a certain rating. Have they removed this feature in Windows 10 and if so for what purpose?

UnruffledST, May 5, 2020
  4. GPO for certains users on certain computers

Setting a PC w/ multiple user accts. to use certain monitors

I have a PC with windows 10 setup with 4 monitors and multiple user accounts, I would like to know if it is possible to set certain user accounts to use only a certain monitor or monitors?

for example:

• One user just plays games so when they log on it doesn't turn on all the monitors but only one (a 42" TV).
    • Another user, uses three monitors but has no need for the TV.

JamesSalisbury01, May 5, 2020
Thema:

GPO for certains users on certain computers

1. GPO for certains users on certain computers - Similar Threads - GPO certains users

2. PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY: I have an issue with a particular program, it has two different locations and an asmuwrapper.exe file with a user access control lock on it, so when users print from this application, it prompts for an AD account login. the work-a-around has to be replaced this file with one...
  3. PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY: I have an issue with a particular program, it has two different locations and an asmuwrapper.exe file with a user access control lock on it, so when users print from this application, it prompts for an AD account login. the work-a-around has to be replaced this file with one...
  4. PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Slow taskbar for certain user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow taskbar for certain user: Good day!My taskbar is very slow to respond when clicking grouped icons, the start menu, the search bar, and the icon that expands the system tray. However, clicking on "ungrouped" icons responds instantly. Moreover, Alt+Tab and WinKey+Tab responds instantly and switches...
  6. Slow taskbar for certain user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow taskbar for certain user: Good day!My taskbar is very slow to respond when clicking grouped icons, the start menu, the search bar, and the icon that expands the system tray. However, clicking on "ungrouped" icons responds instantly. Moreover, Alt+Tab and WinKey+Tab responds instantly and switches...
  7. Slow taskbar for certain user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Hide certain users?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hide certain users?: Hi there, i plan to make my login screen look like this (see picture) I want to hide some users, such as my administrator account, and display my main users as normal. So that it says: "Max Mustermann" "Guest Account" "Other User" And if I then go to Other User,...
  9. I can't delete certain users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete certain users: So this PC is from a friend that sold it to me, and he left his users here. The thing is that i can't delete those 2 users he created for some reason, i can't find the option. When trying with mine there is an option to 'delete user'. His users appear inside a slot called...
  10. Computer Crashing Certain Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashing Certain Programs: My computer has been crashing a game i am playing. It wasnt doing it last week but it is now every 3-5 minutes. below is the event Report: Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 11/25/2019 8:23:51 PM Event ID: 1001 Task...