Windows 10: GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have applied a GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper but the policy has been already taken by computer , but the wallpaper is not coming in User... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShoumorishDebnath, Sep 24, 2019.

1. GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro

Hello,

I have applied a GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper but the policy has been already taken by computer , but the wallpaper is not coming in User logon screen.

We have Windows 10 Pro operating system.

Can you please help regarding this.

:)

ShoumorishDebnath, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

[SOLVED] Changing the wallpaper on the BOOT, LOCK, and LOGON screens

I did.

GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

Didn't make a difference!

Edwin, Sep 24, 2019
  3. hello10 Win User

I am on 1803. I use Picture under Background and NOT Windows spotlight.

GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

I didn't encounter the default wallpaper issue when I was warm booting. Try the HeatherS1969 approach carefully step-by-step.

hello10, Sep 24, 2019
  4. hello10 Win User

GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro

Okay, it's like this.

My system had been showing the default Win 10 landscape wallpapers in all screens. Just recently, I decided to change them. I used Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen to replace the wallpaper using my own picture collection and set the same wallpaper for log-in (LOGON) screen. I manually locked my system to test it, no problem. When my system timed out, no problem. The new custom wallpaper was shown on both LOCK and LOGON screens. I thought that was it.

Then, every time I cold-booted, the system began showing the default Win 10 landscape wallpaper again. If I touched the mouse or keyboard, the LOGON screen popped up with the new custom wallpaper. From this point on until shutdown, if the system got locked manually or timed out, the new custom wallpaper was shown on the LOCK and LOGON screens all the time. If I shutdown the system and cold-booted, the default Win 10 landscape wallpaper came up again on (what I call) the BOOT screen. I repeated the Settings procedure many times, but it did not produce the result I wanted. I thought the picture or setting was stuck or it was a bug unique to my system/setup.

When I began looking for a solution on-line, I discovered my case was happening to others, too. Almost all of the solutions offered were about the same procedure mentioned above until I came across that of HeatherS1969. Because the last step ended on the Lock Screen settings page, I thought at first that the HeatherS1969 approach simply used a different starting point but was ultimately the same, but the follow-up by MichelleBryant-Thomas in the thread suggested that it worked. So, I carefully repeated the steps as instructed, and it fixed the issue.

Usual procedure:
    Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen to replace the background picture

The HeatherS1969 approach:
    Start -> click on account picture -> change account settings -> Sign-in options -> Related settings / Lock screen -> Lock Screen to replace the background picture

I use Classic Shell, so I'm not sure if the steps are the same for people who use the default Win 10 (Metro?) setup. In both procedures, one ends up on the Lock Screen settings page, but choice made through the HeatherS1969 approach actually changes the BOOT screen wallpaper.

I hope that clears things up for you.

hello10, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro

1. GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - GPO Logon Screen

2. GPO to change computer lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    GPO to change computer lock screen: I followed this two to change desktop lock screen image through GPO some how its not...
  3. Changing Boot & Logon Screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Boot & Logon Screens: I'm making a theme for myself & have a few questions: 1. How do I change the Windows 10 Boot Screen & can I have it show a different image each time? 2. How do I change the Windows 10 Logon/Lock Screen & can I have it show a different image each time? 171585
  4. GPO Wallpaper not working correctly

GPO Wallpaper not working correctly: I'm using Windows Server 2012 at my server and Windows 7 and 10 for the desktops. I'm working on a GPO to set wallpaper. At one of my branches I have three counter computers using the same user name. Two of the computers work great with the new wallpaper but third one only...
  5. Gpo wallpaper issue "TranscodedWallpaper"

Gpo wallpaper issue "TranscodedWallpaper": Hi there, Today morning I faced a new problem on some windows 10 computers, I did apply new wallpaper through GPO, it's working perfectly for all computers, I checked in Registry also, it was applied perfectly, but in some computers isn't changing wallpapers until deleting...
  6. How to change lock screen wallpaper on Windows 10 Pro 1809?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change lock screen wallpaper on Windows 10 Pro 1809?: Dear Microsoft team, I found a way to do it using the registry and some powershell scripts but each time we connect into the system and disconnect, the wallpaper disappears. According to some internet forums, it is impossible with Pro version. Can you confirm or provide...
  7. Cannot change lock screen wallpaper [Windows 10 Pro]

Cannot change lock screen wallpaper [Windows 10 Pro]: I'm not sure if this exact question has been posted here. So sorry if its repeated.. I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper for Windows 10. Clicking on the browse button and selecting any image shows the below loading icon but then the preview just goes back to the...
  8. [SOLVED] Changing the wallpaper on the BOOT, LOCK, and LOGON screens

[SOLVED] Changing the wallpaper on the BOOT, LOCK, and LOGON screens: Just want to share my experience here. I was having a problem changing the wallpaper on the BOOT screen, the first one you see when you power on the computer. I was only able to customize the wallpaper on my LOCK and LOGON screens through Windows Settings. The wallpaper on...
  9. Automatically change logon screen wallpaper

Automatically change logon screen wallpaper: Hi It took me a while to discover that the lock screen and the logon screen are not the same thing. Thankfully I know know that they are different things. Whenever I startup windows 10 I always land on the login screen, perfect for security reasons (the password)...
  10. Change Logon Screen Wallpaper

Change Logon Screen Wallpaper: On the screen where you type your password in, has anyone found a way to change the wallpaper? It's blue windows in smoke and does not match the rest of my theme. Thanks. 12161

Users found this page by searching for:

1. background windows login screen gpo

2. gpo wallpaper windows 10 deploy

3. technet windows 10 logon background deployed gpo

4. how to change the windows logon screen windows 10 pro in gpo,
  5. gpo wallpaper windows 10 befor logon