Windows 10: GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed

Discus and support GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I should make GPO to change one wallpaper at 07:00 AM and change other wallpaper at 03:00 PM. I have made two bat files. I want to execute... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MiroslavaRadoslavova, Jul 17, 2019.

1. GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed

Hello,

I should make GPO to change one wallpaper at 07:00 AM and change other wallpaper at 03:00 PM.

I have made two bat files.

I want to execute them with schedules tasks via GPO. My DC is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, The client PC is Windows 10.

My bat file content following:

reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v Wallpaper /f /t REG_SZ /d "\\server\public_share\Wallpapers\Wallpaper_1.bmp"
    RUNDLL32.EXE USER32.DLL,UpdatePerUserSystemParameters ,1 ,True
    exit

I have executed it successfully local on client PC . I make GPO with following parametersGPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed :( see attached screenshot).

The task available in the tasks in client PC and ecuted sucssessfylly but nothing happen.

Could you help mi , please?

GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed d6b65f62-3640-4d23-9b20-e645eb5703be?upload=true.png GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed 67fedce3-139c-4350-afd9-9edffe9f133a?upload=true.jpg

:)

MiroslavaRadoslavova, Jul 17, 2019
  2. StevenNT Win User

How create a AD GPO Scheduled Task on Windows 10

Hi,

I'm trying to make a Scheduled Task using AD GPO for Windows 10. I've tried many times and the task will not appear.

The task if to do a test using a kix script and shutdown the PC at the end of the working day between 5pm and 9pm if no one is logged in and after 10pm shutdown regardless.

Is using GPO to make a task basically deprecated in Windows 10? If so, what alternatives are there? Can SCCM do this sort of thing? We use SCCM (Current Branch) but not got it to do shutdown clients reliably, but we were just guessing, any guides on this
    would be helpful if GPO based Scheduled Tasks are deprecated.

Thanks,

Steven

StevenNT, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 17, 2019
  4. GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed

1. GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed - Similar Threads - GPO Scheduling Tasks

2. execute a .js file using Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    execute a .js file using Task Scheduler: Hello.I have a JavaScript file that I execute it with node using cmd or VS Code.I have tried to schedule a task using:Action: Start a programProgram/ Script: "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\Code.exe"Arguments: -l - i -c...
  3. execute a .js file using Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    execute a .js file using Task Scheduler: Hello.I have a JavaScript file that I execute it with node using cmd or VS Code.I have tried to schedule a task using:Action: Start a programProgram/ Script: "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\Code.exe"Arguments: -l - i -c...
  4. execute a .js file using Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. blocking task scheduler with registry or GPO

in Windows 10 Support
    blocking task scheduler with registry or GPO: hello. i have a very important task that i added to the task scheduler. i want to protect the task from delete it or disable it - but i don't found the right way to do it. so, i ask if somebody know way and how to do it, and if no, how i can to block the TS whole with the...
  6. blocking task scheduler with registry or GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blocking task scheduler with registry or GPO: hello. i have a very important task that i added to the task scheduler. i want to protect the task from delete it or disable it - but i don't found the right way to do it. so, i ask if somebody know way and how to do it, and if no, how i can to block the TS whole with the...
  7. Task Scheduler - Trigger "At Logon" executes task BEFORE logon!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler - Trigger "At Logon" executes task BEFORE logon!?: Long story short: I ended up using the Task Scheduler to run a batch file when the user logs on, which is after the user entered and confirmed their password. Or so I thought, because it's described like this on every site and every forum. Yet for some reason the task runs...
  8. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  9. GPO Disables Task Scheduler - Breaking ALL Metro Apps/Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    GPO Disables Task Scheduler - Breaking ALL Metro Apps/Keyboard: So, I have an interesting problem. At my workplace, we have a group policy set that force-disables the Windows Task Scheduler. This is done for security purposes, as "malware sometimes sets itself up as a scheduled task", as it was explained to me. I cannot get this policy...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create a scheduled task gpo