Windows 10: GPO need to enable the Share Tab and enable everyone to read/write

Discus and support GPO need to enable the Share Tab and enable everyone to read/write in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a pesky software that runs on a folder. ie C:\LIST, I needed to redirect My Documents to it, already done it. Using \\localhost\List on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GUSTHEITGUY, Mar 13, 2019.

1. GPO need to enable the Share Tab and enable everyone to read/write

Hello,

I have a pesky software that runs on a folder. ie C:\LIST, I needed to redirect My Documents to it, already done it. Using \\localhost\List on the folder redirection.

I am able to create the folder across the domain, and add the correct permissions

I need to perform the following to finish my task:

For some reason the folder does not copy from My Documents to LIST until I add everyone or my user to the Share Folder tab.

I am trying to find the GPO that will allow me to Enable the Share... tab under the Sharing Tab on file properties.

I seems that when the folder Share tab is enabled the LIST redirect folder works as is supposed to.

Thanks

:)

GUSTHEITGUY, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Win User

GPO: enable win32 long paths

I saw that the Windows 10 Anniversary Update was supposed to address the limitation of long file paths and names. According to what I found, the new GPO entry of "enable NTFS long paths" was supposed to be added, but I didn't see it. Upon further research,
    I did find the "enable win32 long paths" option one level up in the GPO.

Question: Was this supposed to address the problem? After I enabled it, rebooted the computer and confirmed that the setting was still enabled, I tried to copy a file (via File Explorer) from a local hard drive (G:\*.*) to a server share (\\SERVER\SHARE),
    but it failed for the same old reason that the pathname was too long. Does this only work locally, or does it only work with specific capabilities, like PowerShell?

3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 13, 2019
  4. brubakes Win User

GPO need to enable the Share Tab and enable everyone to read/write

Enabling Bitlocker with GPO

Once the GPO for BitLocker's settings have been configured and assigned do I still need to manually enable Bitlocker on the specific device or should the GPO kick off the process automatically?

brubakes, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

GPO need to enable the Share Tab and enable everyone to read/write

1. GPO need to enable the Share Tab and enable everyone to read/write - Similar Threads - GPO need enable

2. GPO NoAutoUpdate wont enable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO NoAutoUpdate wont enable: The issue I am having is on one of my servers, I need the NoAutoUpdate registry key to change from 1 which is disabled, to 1 which enables it. I set the control in the GPO and tried to change this and for some reason it wont let me change that registry key. Has anyone else...
  3. GPO NoAutoUpdate wont enable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPO NoAutoUpdate wont enable: The issue I am having is on one of my servers, I need the NoAutoUpdate registry key to change from 1 which is disabled, to 1 which enables it. I set the control in the GPO and tried to change this and for some reason it wont let me change that registry key. Has anyone else...
  4. GPO NoAutoUpdate wont enable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Enable upgrade to Windows 11 with GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable upgrade to Windows 11 with GPO: Hi,In our organization we require users to update to the latest Windows update via group policies. Here's a picture of the set policies for reference.We do not want to force our users to upgrade to Windows 11 if they don't want to - as of yet - but because of these policies...
  6. Enable upgrade to Windows 11 with GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable upgrade to Windows 11 with GPO: Hi,In our organization we require users to update to the latest Windows update via group policies. Here's a picture of the set policies for reference.We do not want to force our users to upgrade to Windows 11 if they don't want to - as of yet - but because of these policies...
  7. Enable upgrade to Windows 11 with GPO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Enable PS-Remoting via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable PS-Remoting via GPO: Good day,I have a bit of an issue. I need to be able to Enter-PSSession across my domain, but it does not work until on the client computer I run Enable-PSRemoting from the end point. I have GPO configured and have read 'guides' that all say to setup GPO the same so I have my...
  9. Enable Cloud Sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Cloud Sharing: On my WIndows 10 PC playing simple Microsoft solitaire games and all the sudden everytime I sign on I get a message that I need to go to options and enable cloud sharing and I have no idea how to do that. Can someone please tell me how to do that?...
  10. Enabling Bitlocker with GPO

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enabling Bitlocker with GPO: Once the GPO for BitLocker's settings have been configured and assigned do I still need to manually enable Bitlocker on the specific device or should the GPO kick off the process automatically? 95742