Windows 10: GPO not applying to Windows 10 Clients

Discus and support GPO not applying to Windows 10 Clients in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, I have Windows Server 2019 standard installed and the GPO is not applying to the windows 10 clients clients. I have ran gpresult/r on one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zenlok, Jun 21, 2020.

1. /u/zenlok Win User

GPO not applying to Windows 10 Clients

Hi there,

I have Windows Server 2019 standard installed and the GPO is not applying to the windows 10 clients clients.

I have ran gpresult/r on one of the affected PC's and get the below results;

RSOP data for domain\user on OFFICE4-NEW : Logging Mode

------------------------------------------------------------

OS Configuration: Member Workstation

OS Version: 10.0.19041

Site Name: N/A

Roaming Profile: N/A

Local Profile: C:\Users\

Connected over a slow link?: No

USER SETTINGS

--------------

CN=Name,OU=Staff,OU=NAME,DC=SERVER,DC=local

Last time Group Policy was applied: 21/06/2020 at 20:19:03

Group Policy was applied from: SERVERNAME

Group Policy slow link threshold: 500 kbps

Domain Name: NAME

Domain Type: Windows 2008 or later

Applied Group Policy Objects

-----------------------------

Default Domain Policy

Default Domain Policy

Default Domain Policy

The following GPOs were not applied because they were filtered out

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Local Group Policy

Filtering: Not Applied (Empty)

The user is a part of the following security groups

---------------------------------------------------

Domain Users

Everyone

BUILTIN\Users

BUILTIN\Administrators

NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE

CONSOLE LOGON

NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users

This Organization

LOCAL

Authentication authority asserted identity

Denied RODC Password Replication Group

High Mandatory Level

All the PC's have been added to the Security Filtering.

Has anyone got any advise to why this could be happening?

Many thanks,

Wongle.

submitted by /u/zenlok
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zenlok, Jun 21, 2020

2. Windows server 2012R2 GPO failed to apply on windows 10 creators update clients

I have a PDC windows server 2012R2 and BDC 2012R2, GPO is configured in BDC.

I have the below GPO's configured.

->By default, my company intranet page is the default page in internet explorer.

->Lock screen

These are not getting applied on the windows 10 clients where as the remaining clients like windows 7, windows 8.1 are able get these GPO settings.

GPResult command shows that the settings are applied but actually they are not.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Harish Reddy, Jun 21, 2020
  3. graye Win User
    Windows server 2012R2 GPO failed to apply on windows 10 creators update clients

Just a note... GPO settings for Internet Explorer are separate from the setting for Microsoft Edge.

graye, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Kurfew Win User

Windows 10 Group Policies - Newly created user GPOs do not apply

Hi all,

I'm after some help with a problem I've started to encounter. Windows AD domain (2012R2 DCs, but 2003 functional level), starting to provision Windows 10 (1703) clients. GPOs applied at container levels within the OU. As of about a week or so ago, any
    group policy created to apply to a user object does not apply. GPO applying to Computer Objects apply instantly. If I create a GPO that solely contains a drive map (start simple), this doesn't apply, GPRESULT doesn't show it being denied or empty etc. Using
    the GPMC results tool produces the same result as that on the physical workstation.

What seems odd is there were no problems a couple of weeks ago, I could create new User GPOs and they would apply, now it's like they don't exist. The corresponding GUID folder appears in the sysvol directory for the new GPO and permissions look as expected.
    Sysvol and Netlogon UNC paths have been excluded from hardening, KB3163622 is not applied to any client. There is no WMI filtering applied, permissions appear fine (auth users, read and apply GPO).

I am aware there have been a lot of community posts from people experiencing problems with GPOs and Windows 10, but the problem I have seems another level, it doesn't even seem to be aware there should be a GPO applying. I'm at a bit of a loss where to
    go next and would be hugely grateful for any advice that could be provided.

Best Regards,

Rob

Kurfew, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. GPO not applying to Windows 10 Clients - Similar Threads - GPO applying Clients

2. Security Center, GPO is not applying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  3. Security Center, GPO is not applying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  4. Windows 11 GPO is not applied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 GPO is not applied: Hello We have GPO applied on our computers, and we have one computer that is windows 11, and the GPO is not applying to this computer same as the others,Can you advise what can I do?the setting I'm trying to set is in the picture...
  5. Windows 11 GPO is not applied

Windows 11 GPO is not applied: Hello We have GPO applied on our computers, and we have one computer that is windows 11, and the GPO is not applying to this computer same as the others,Can you advise what can I do?the setting I'm trying to set is in the picture...
  6. Other GPO is applied on two users what shouldn't be applied

Other GPO is applied on two users what shouldn't be applied: Our terminal server GPO is effecting 2 users who work locally. Does somebody knows why this is happening?This happened if they log in on every workstation....
  7. Apply Color Management via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apply Color Management via GPO: Does anyone know if it's possible to set the Device Profile for Color Management via GPO/ADMX/WEM?Thanks Ste https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apply-color-management-via-gpo/5014040f-fc6e-457e-bd31-264d69dae829
  8. Apply Color Management via GPO

Apply Color Management via GPO: Does anyone know if it's possible to set the Device Profile for Color Management via GPO/ADMX/WEM?Thanks Ste https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apply-color-management-via-gpo/5014040f-fc6e-457e-bd31-264d69dae829
  9. Problem with appliing Registry GPO's for Windows 10 PC's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with appliing Registry GPO's for Windows 10 PC's: Some of my GPO rules stopped working and I do not know why. I tried to google solution but without success. I have some Workstations/PCs with Windows 10 in one subdomain and I need to manage them via this registry rules. The problem is, that the my GPO rules are updating...
  10. Windows 10 GPO problem on 2012 DC- GPO Not Applying

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 GPO problem on 2012 DC- GPO Not Applying: I have a problem where I am pulling a GPO from a Windows 12 DC and it is not applying on the PC. If I run GPResults the correct GPO from the DC looks as if it is pulling. If I run Auditpol.exe /get /category I can see that nothing has applied as all of the audit settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. domain policy not applying windows 10