Windows 10: GPO Not working

Discus and support GPO Not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there,I am trying to configure "desktop shortcut" GPO for a Google Chrome web page but its not working for a user /or security group. just work for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aakash Shah aakashs, Sep 16, 2021.

1. GPO Not working

Hi there,I am trying to configure "desktop shortcut" GPO for a Google Chrome web page but its not working for a user /or security group. just work for workstations.if I add workstation it will show up in the gpresult /r but for user its not even showing up. User Configuration GPO is configured still its not applying to users/groups instead applies to workstation. am i making any mistakes? please help. thanks

:)

Aakash Shah aakashs, Sep 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Cja123 Win User
    Server 2003 GPO questions

I solved my problem!
    My first issue was the installation files that weren't running. I fixed this by enabling windows installer through the "allow select windows applications to run" option in the GPO. My second issue was turning off the GPO on the fly. Unfortunately, there is no option within the GPO editor that allows for this. However, I did create a .bat file which I can run that will insert specific registry key values that will render the GPO ineffective. I also created a "re-enable GPO" .bat file that I run after I am through making the changes, this will bring the GPO back up.
    Thanks so much for your help Batou1986! *Toast :toast:

Cja123, Sep 16, 2021
  4. GPO Not working

Rare error 6035 GPO software development

Hi People.

I install LAPS on Domain network with one DC. Client computer are Windows 10. After gpo remote Software Installation at the client I see ERRO 6035 "The Software Installation extension has postponed processing until the next active synchronous application".
    I was looking for a solution to the error.

• Disable hiberboot(GPO REMOTE REG) IT WORKING
    • Run the MSI and MST the GPO calls manually (seems to work). IT WORKING
    • Set the Group Policy Enable processing wait time to 60 sec. - FOR ALL STATION IN GPO INT WORKING
    • Set always wait for the network to enabled. - FOR ALL STATION IN GPO INT WORKING
    Help. I do not know to enable active synchronous application. THANK YOU!

ViktarRadzin, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

GPO Not working

1. GPO Not working - Similar Threads - GPO working

2. I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working: Dear Support,I have created a URL Shortcut GPO to create a URL based shortcut on desktop but its not working on old profiles. Kindly guide me why is it not working for old user Profiles. I have logged-on the with this new Profile:Kindly guide me.Thanks....
  3. I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working: Dear Support,I have created a URL Shortcut GPO to create a URL based shortcut on desktop but its not working on old profiles. Kindly guide me why is it not working for old user Profiles. I have logged-on the with this new Profile:Kindly guide me.Thanks....
  4. Lock Screen is not working with the GPO under Win Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen is not working with the GPO under Win Enterprise: According to the AD Group Policy this GPO should work under Windows Enterprise, I upgraded my windows version just because of this comment and it hasn't worked neither. Attached picture of the message inside the GPO configuration pop-up windowHas any boy found a way to make...
  5. Lock Screen is not working with the GPO under Win Enterprise

Lock Screen is not working with the GPO under Win Enterprise: According to the AD Group Policy this GPO should work under Windows Enterprise, I upgraded my windows version just because of this comment and it hasn't worked neither. Attached picture of the message inside the GPO configuration pop-up windowHas any boy found a way to make...
  6. issues getting computer restart GPO to work on local computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    issues getting computer restart GPO to work on local computers: Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with getting my weekly restart GPO to work properly. I have tested the script being used for the command on my system and it works just fine. However, it appears that the Task Scheduler task that was applied via GPO failed to run properly....
  7. issues getting computer restart GPO to work on local computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    issues getting computer restart GPO to work on local computers: Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with getting my weekly restart GPO to work properly. I have tested the script being used for the command on my system and it works just fine. However, it appears that the Task Scheduler task that was applied via GPO failed to run properly....
  8. issues getting computer restart GPO to work on local computers

9. Why does GPO to unblock USB device by Device ID works for a short time on some machines?...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does GPO to unblock USB device by Device ID works for a short time on some machines?...: GPO set to unblock USB storage devices by device ID. Works for a couple days then the its blocked again even when in the Device ID is in the GPO.Win10 and 11.Domain computersError Message "The installation of this device is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system...
  10. Why does GPO to unblock USB device by Device ID works for a short time on some machines?...

Why does GPO to unblock USB device by Device ID works for a short time on some machines?...: GPO set to unblock USB storage devices by device ID. Works for a couple days then the its blocked again even when in the Device ID is in the GPO.Win10 and 11.Domain computersError Message "The installation of this device is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system...