Windows 10: GPO Not working

Discus and support GPO Not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there,I am trying to configure "desktop shortcut" GPO for a Google Chrome web page but its not working for a user /or security group. just work for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aakash Shah aakashs, Sep 16, 2021.

1. GPO Not working

Hi there,I am trying to configure "desktop shortcut" GPO for a Google Chrome web page but its not working for a user /or security group. just work for workstations.if I add workstation it will show up in the gpresult /r but for user its not even showing up. User Configuration GPO is configured still its not applying to users/groups instead applies to workstation. am i making any mistakes? please help. thanks

:)

Aakash Shah aakashs, Sep 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Cja123 Win User
    Server 2003 GPO questions

I solved my problem!
    My first issue was the installation files that weren't running. I fixed this by enabling windows installer through the "allow select windows applications to run" option in the GPO. My second issue was turning off the GPO on the fly. Unfortunately, there is no option within the GPO editor that allows for this. However, I did create a .bat file which I can run that will insert specific registry key values that will render the GPO ineffective. I also created a "re-enable GPO" .bat file that I run after I am through making the changes, this will bring the GPO back up.
    Thanks so much for your help Batou1986! *Toast :toast:

Cja123, Sep 16, 2021
  4. GPO Not working

Rare error 6035 GPO software development

Hi People.

I install LAPS on Domain network with one DC. Client computer are Windows 10. After gpo remote Software Installation at the client I see ERRO 6035 "The Software Installation extension has postponed processing until the next active synchronous application".
    I was looking for a solution to the error.

• Disable hiberboot(GPO REMOTE REG) IT WORKING
    • Run the MSI and MST the GPO calls manually (seems to work). IT WORKING
    • Set the Group Policy Enable processing wait time to 60 sec. - FOR ALL STATION IN GPO INT WORKING
    • Set always wait for the network to enabled. - FOR ALL STATION IN GPO INT WORKING
    Help. I do not know to enable active synchronous application. THANK YOU!

ViktarRadzin, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

GPO Not working

1. GPO Not working - Similar Threads - GPO working

2. Microsoft edge - default settings users can override GPO policy is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft edge - default settings users can override GPO policy is not working: Hello Everyone,I am using edge ADMX policy template to configure startup page to my company site. This is working in mandatory policy but not working in recommended user can over ride Not sure what i am missing here. Please guide me to right steps to achieve this...
  3. Screensaver GPO working, but screen just gets black

Screensaver GPO working, but screen just gets black: Hello guys! I have a GPO to define a Screensaver in a company environment. The GPO works as it looks to me: HKU\S-1-5-21-*******************\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Control Panel\Desktop shows ScreenSaveActive = 1 ScreenSaverIsSecure = 1 ScreenSaveTimeOut =...
  4. GPO Wallpaper not working correctly

GPO Wallpaper not working correctly: I'm using Windows Server 2012 at my server and Windows 7 and 10 for the desktops. I'm working on a GPO to set wallpaper. At one of my branches I have three counter computers using the same user name. Two of the computers work great with the new wallpaper but third one only...
  5. Association File GPO Not Working

Association File GPO Not Working: Good day, I would like to apply Microsoft Edge and Outlook to be the default apps to all the computers in the organisation. All the computers are running Windows 10 1809/1909. I have used the DISM command dism.exe /online...
  6. Completely disable windows defender and all its "features" via GPO not working anymore.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Completely disable windows defender and all its "features" via GPO not working anymore.: Hi, Windows defender is currently defending our company from working. Since the latest windows 10 Update, our Citrix apps and other apps has stopped working because of Windows Defender. We have tried to disable them via GPO but that does not work, we can see that...
  7. Powershell GPO Startup Script not working

Powershell GPO Startup Script not working: Hello, I wrote a Powershell Script to delete Microsoft Store Apps which works fine when run manually. However I want to run it as a Startup script via GPO on all computers Windows 10 Pro in our domain. For that, I created a group policy and added the script under Computer...
  8. GPO Reboot Rule only Working on Some Computers?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    GPO Reboot Rule only Working on Some Computers?: Last Friday I set a scheduled task to reboot the computers every Monday at a time using Run: c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe with Arguments -R -F and when today came, there were three or four computers that were totally off. Did I do something wrong?...
  9. GPO script policies not working on Windows 10 1809

GPO script policies not working on Windows 10 1809: It seems group policies under Local Group Policy Editor>Computer configuration>Administrative Templates>System>Scripts are not working in Windows 10 version 1809. Back in 1803 they worked perfectly fine. I can confirm that they can be set and the changes are shown in the...
  10. GPO script policies not working on Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    GPO script policies not working on Windows 10 1809: It seems group policies under Local Group Policy Editor>Computer configuration>Administrative Templates>System>Scripts are not working in Windows 10 version 1809. Back in 1803 they worked perfectly fine. I can confirm that they can be set and the changes are shown in the...