Windows 10: GPO password length audit

Discus and support GPO password length audit in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; With the new-ish password guidelines focusing on longer, but static, passwords I updated GPOs to include "minimum password length audit" to the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Skygordon, May 16, 2023.

1. Skygordon Win User

GPO password length audit

With the new-ish password guidelines focusing on longer, but static, passwords I updated GPOs to include "minimum password length audit" to the proposed new limit. However I haven't found any guidance on where to get these audit results, or how long until I can expect them to start showing up. Where are these results posted? Additionally I found some discussions about having different AD's and these settings. I needed to build new servers to obtain the "Relax minimum password length limits" and "Minimum password length audit" options in Group Policy Management. Even though the OS appears to b

:)

Skygordon, May 16, 2023
  2. MohanRaj5 Win User

Advance Audit Policies are not being applied via GPO

Advanced Audit Policy Configuration inclusive of System Audit Policies like Account Logon, Account Management, DS Access, Logon/Logoff, etc are not being applied on the servers when GPO is implemented for the same.

We have additional settings applied via same GPO which is successfully applied.

MohanRaj5, May 16, 2023
  3. W1zzard Win User
    10 most commonly used online passwords

hmm i miss asdf in that list .. i use that a lot .. up to asdfgh depending on password length enforcement rules.

*goes to count number of tpu breakin attempts with that password*

W1zzard, May 16, 2023
  4. Naveen_M Win User

minimum password length more than 15?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I'd suggest you to refer this article on
    Minimum password length
    for additional information.

You can also refer
    Password must meet complexity requirements
    and check if that helps.

If the issue persists, I'd suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet forums
    where we have the engineers with expertise to provide a solution for this issue.

Regards,

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, May 16, 2023
Thema:

1. GPO password length audit - Similar Threads - GPO password length

2. GPO password length audit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO password length audit: With the new-ish password guidelines focusing on longer, but static, passwords I updated GPOs to include "minimum password length audit" to the proposed new limit. However I haven't found any guidance on where to get these audit results, or how long until I can expect them to...
  3. GPO password length audit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPO password length audit: With the new-ish password guidelines focusing on longer, but static, passwords I updated GPOs to include "minimum password length audit" to the proposed new limit. However I haven't found any guidance on where to get these audit results, or how long until I can expect them to...
  4. Unable to update the password. Even disabled the password complexity, length, history...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update the password. Even disabled the password complexity, length, history...: Please Help!We have a problem in change the passwords of those users joined in Active Directory. I already disable the GP in my AD server and under the user's account. But the same issue, changing a password is requiring complexity under my domain. Please note. I have 2 AD...
  5. Unable to update the password. Even disabled the password complexity, length, history...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update the password. Even disabled the password complexity, length, history...: Please Help!We have a problem in change the passwords of those users joined in Active Directory. I already disable the GP in my AD server and under the user's account. But the same issue, changing a password is requiring complexity under my domain. Please note. I have 2 AD...
  6. Unable to update the password. Even disabled the password complexity, length, history...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Password set to never expire with GPO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password set to never expire with GPO: Hey, I Modified our GPO for Password policy to never expire (maximum password age = 0), I confirmed that the GPO took effect on all computers and on DC, but users passwords are still expiring (i confirmed they are not old expirations). submitted by /u/TeqWize [link]...
  8. Please increase password length for All microsoft products.

Please increase password length for All microsoft products.: Like for Outlook. Xbox Live. Etc. Also please allow me to use more then 16 letters on Xbox Live User name. At least 16 + 16 = 32. 32 characters. Why you using 16 characters? Are you hiding something? Maybe using outdated methods of security?...
  9. measure length

in Windows 10 Support
    measure length: Is it possible to measure or calculate the dimension of an object displayed in a jpeg file on the monitor of my PC? I use windows 10 with a monitor with resolution 1920x 1080 thanks in advance 144052
  10. minimum password length more than 15?

minimum password length more than 15?: Hi there, recently I try to setup my company's 10 security policy, one of the key setting is minimum password length in "Local Security Policy" ==> Account Policies ==> Password Policies, there is an parameter "Minimum password Length" in the explain section, it says...