Windows 10: GPO Preventing Windows 10 Calendar and Causing Windows Shell Experience Host to eat up CPU

Discus and support GPO Preventing Windows 10 Calendar and Causing Windows Shell Experience Host to eat up CPU in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Users at my organization have been reporting that their calendars do not pop up when the clock is clicked on their Windows 10 machines. I have setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ImAUser69, Apr 29, 2019.

1. ImAUser69 Win User

GPO Preventing Windows 10 Calendar and Causing Windows Shell Experience Host to eat up CPU

Users at my organization have been reporting that their calendars do not pop up when the clock is clicked on their Windows 10 machines.

I have setup systems and confirmed the calendar works before apply group policies.

After group policies are applied clicking the clock appears to do nothing, however in the background a Windows shell Experience Host process if fired off and continuously uses 10-20% of CPU until manually ended.

Can someone please point me in the direction of what GPOs would affect the calendar toast / Windows Shell Experience Host?

Thank you

:)

ImAUser69, Apr 29, 2019

2. Windows Shell Experience Host using 35 to 55% of CPU usage on Windows 10

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about CPU utilization by Windows Shell Experience Host, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to end the process from Task Manager and check.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together to open
      Task Manager

• Go to Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Shell Experience Host process and click
      End Process.

Step 2: Boot the computer in to Safe mode with networking and if the CPU usage is same.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Windows Shell Experience Host

Hi,

In answer to your query, Windows Shell Experience Host is a part of Microsoft Windows Operating System that you may have seen in your Task Manager. Sometimes, Windows Shell Experience Host consumes high memory or resources.

If you discover that Windows Shell Experience Host is consuming high memory or resources, we recommend installing the latest update of Windows 10. To do this, you can refer to the support article below:

We'll be here if you need more help.

Ralph Sta, Apr 29, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

GPO Preventing Windows 10 Calendar and Causing Windows Shell Experience Host to eat up CPU

Windows shell experience host hogging 68% of my CPU.

Potential Causes of Shell Experience Host using too much CPU and RAM:

Desktop Background set to Slide Show

Theme Accent color set to 'Automatically pick an accent color from my background'

Potential Causes of Shell Experience Host using too much CPU and RAM:

Desktop Background set to Slide Show

Theme Accent color set to 'Automatically pick an accent color from my background'

Also, Open he settings App

In the Search Box, type mainetnance

Click 'Perform required maintenance tasks automatically'

Click next and run as Administrator

DaveM121, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

1. GPO Preventing Windows 10 Calendar and Causing Windows Shell Experience Host to eat up CPU - Similar Threads - GPO Preventing Calendar

2. Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working: Hello, can anyone please help me. This morning I open my laptop to see none of my pin apps or even the start button. I restart it and now I can see my pin apps but start isn’t working. And when I try to open setting from my pin it says “ there’s a problem with windows shell...
  3. Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working: Hello, can anyone please help me. This morning I open my laptop to see none of my pin apps or even the start button. I restart it and now I can see my pin apps but start isn’t working. And when I try to open setting from my pin it says “ there’s a problem with windows shell...
  4. Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem with "Windows Shell Experience Host"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with "Windows Shell Experience Host": Some toolbar actions have stopped working after my last update. Current install OS Windows 10 Pro 2004; KB457021 update applied On the toolbar: - "Action Center" won't open - "Ink Workspace" doesn't work - "Internet" icon doesn't open the sidebar of available When I open...
  6. windows shell experience host

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows shell experience host: A new program showed up on my computer with the latest Micro Soft upgrade called "windows shell experience host," two days ago. It comes up in a window when I boot up, and wants me to allow it access. Anyone ever heard of it? It wants me to let it on my system, but my...
  7. windows shell experience

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows shell experience: Is windows shell experience host needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-shell-experience/aeba2ada-cc17-4698-9bd1-3112b4299a61
  8. "Windows Shell Experience Host stopped working"

"Windows Shell Experience Host stopped working": Every day while working on my surface book 2, the Start menu will crash and close in front of me. I've noticed that this happens every time that the Shell Experience host stopped working. This keeps happening to me since the first day I got this machine. its been months with...
  9. Runtime broker and Windows shell Experience Host high cpu usage

Runtime broker and Windows shell Experience Host high cpu usage: Solutions I already tried: * HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TimeBroker Changing Start into 4 * Removed the slideshow notification * Closed all my personal tray apps * Performed an offline scan using Windows defender * Performed a normal scan using...
  10. windows shell experience host terminated

windows shell experience host terminated: I have perhaps a clue that may help you (or Microsoft). I first started seeing windows shell experience host closed from time to time when my PC started from sleep (event id 1002, closed because it stopped interacting with Windows). But as I traced the events further, this...